“A no brainer...DO NOT MISS...fantastic” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 2 restaurants in North Side
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night, Dessert
Description: The perfect blend of historic ambiance and cutting edge cuisine Open six days a week Reservations Recommended
Salt Lake City
“A no brainer...DO NOT MISS...fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

WOW...this place was stunning. Best meal our whole group has ever eaten. My in laws are world traveled and this was their finest meal. Everything we ordered was superior. What a treat...do not miss this fine restaurant. The Wahoo was amazing, the steaks and other seafood were amazing. The side dishes...mashed potatoes were amazing. They do it right! Top notch team and ingredients.

Thanks Larry for the first class service...hello! Meyer lemon sorbet!

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

84% Recommend
Brooklyn, New York
“Are you kidding me?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Took my wife here for her birthday dinner on November 25, 2012. I called ahead of time to request a surprise birthday dessert with a candle. Shortly after we arrived, we were introduced to the chef who explained the dinner choices for the evening, including wild boar, among others. At our table, we requested assistance due to the table being wobbly - no big deal. When it could not be rectified, we were moved to a different table. Underneath the air conditioning unit. Which leaked on me. I repositioned the chairs myself to avoid the leakage because wait staff could not be found. When they finally arrived, we placed our dinner and drink orders and requested bread for the table. We were told that the restaurant had run out of bread. It was only 8pm. The wait staff was awful. They were slow and indifferent to the fact that our early experience with the restaurant was full of hiccups. My wife decided to order the wild boar that we were JUST shown by the chef, only to be told that the restaurant was now also out of the wild boar. Batting a thousand here. We waited at least 20 minutes for our wine to show up, despite two requests for it. The wait staff manager seemed apologetic and even offered a complimentary 2nd glass of wine each on the house, but then the wait staff went right back to ignoring us for the duration of our meal. Just terrible. While the food was very good, the overall experience was lousy. Ahhh- finally desssert time, and a chance for redemption. The surprise cake for my wife. Good luck with that. There was no indication that anyone had a clue that it was my wife's bday, so I snuck away from my wife using a bathroom ruse and requested the surprise cake. And what a surprise it was. A waitress came by in a rush and dropped a dish of hard, old (what appeared to be mousse) with no candle on it and she disappeard just as quickly. It was unedible, and insult to injury - we were charged for it!!!! Wow!!! I have nothing good to say about this place. P.S. Thanks for ruining my wife's birthday dinner.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Clarkston, Washington
“Greatly Disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

We chose this restaurant after reading the good reviews. It was to be our "nice dinner out" for the my wife, my bother and sister in law and myself during our ten night stay at St. Thomas. The building was nice and our waiter was attentive. My brother and I both ordered the Moulard Duck after the waiter saying it was tender and juicy. Sadly the duck was chewy, not at all tender like we were told. I was greatly disappointed, as was my brother. The waiter did bring the manager to our table and she asked if we wanted to order something else. We both did, I ordered the Lobster Mac N Cheese. I had a few bites and past it around to my family and they agreed it was not good, chewy macaroni, etc. I did not eat anymore and I'm a person who hates to waste food. I had a couple bites of my wife's Rib Eye Steak, it was okay, but not nearly as good as the steaks we had at the Caribbean Saloon twice earlier in the week. We also have eaten at Fish Tales, the Tap Room and the Dog House Pub on this vacation. They were really good. I had never returned a meal in my life until tonight. I felt really sad and frustrated because I was the one who read the reviews and my brother chose the duck because I said how good duck can be. Then my second choice was worse. On a previous trip, our nice dinner out was at The Room With A View, it was really good and a great view, in hindsight we should have went there again.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Tony M, General Manager at Old Stone Farmhouse, responded to this review, December 1, 2012
I am so very sorry to hear about your disappointing experience with us at the Old Stone Farmhouse. We strive to make every guest experience to be an exceptional experience. It is unfortunate that your opinion of the food was less than satisfactory, I know that Barbara the Maitre D had the chance to come to your table to try and resolve the issues that had arisen during your time to dine with us, I do know that the 7 other orders of duck that were prepared that evening were very well received by our guests. We do appreciate your feedback and we will strive even harder to make sure that all of our guests are given the best standard of food and service.
Suffield, Connecticut
“Fantastic Restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Great room. Great food. Fun Ktichen Tour. The menu was very full and offered alot of options. The sevice was pretty good. The staff turns over each season as I understand it but it did not stop them from providing good sevice.

Visited November 2012
Scarsdale, New York, United States
“The best restaurant I've ever eaten at”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

I suggest the escargot, the shrimp, the wahoo, the tuna, the pork, and especially the lamb and the lobster. I also suggest ordering every desert. Bring lots of friends or family so you can try as much of the food as possible. And finally bring a very hungry stomach.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere