“Alright, needs a little help” 3 of 5 stars

Super 8 Grayson
125 Super Eight Lane, Grayson, KY 41143   |
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Grayson
Whitesville, Kentucky
“Alright, needs a little help”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2011

The room was a king business, big and roomy. Nice shower after maint. cleared the drain. Over all would give 2 1/2 but no 1/2 option and the hotel is not poor, just needs a few things. Needs better housekeeping, trash can at door was full on Tues. and still full Fri. when I left. Housekeepers are not very good at cleaning floors in my room or in stairwell. Cigar butt still in strairwell when I left after 4 days. Trash outside laying around all 4 days and clerks on duty at least early am gave me a sense of don't care. A.M. meal amounts to snacks, prepackaged muffins bread and coffee, juice. Hard to call it a super start. Would stay here again, price was right. 20 miles to Ashland and the hotels there are 100. bucks got this for under 60.00 could drive it for that.

Room Tip: King business, big and roomy.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Cincinnati, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2011

We stayed in the "honey moon suite" because it was the last room they had on labor day weekend and returned home with bed bugs. Beware. Check the mattress before you settle in for the night and place your luggage on a rack or table to avoid bringing them home.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
mignoncolley, Assistant Manager at Super 8 Grayson, responded to this review, October 12, 2011
Thank you for your response regarding our hotel. The staff at the Super 8 take complaints very seriously. We immediately called in our pest control to do a complete thorough inspection of our rooms. The inspection came back negative for bed bugs alive or dead at our motel. A copy of this inspection can be obtained from our management at anytime. At our motel, we have pest control come into our establishment to do an inspection of our rooms on a monthly basis. As a hotel we are very proactive when dealing with any bug issues. The room you stayed in has been thoroughly checked by professional and no bed bugs were found. I truly hope you feel better knowing this was not a bed bug in your luggage as the one from the picture you took from the website in New York and posted it as if you found it at your house. Because I could prove your picture was not taken at our motel I did request tripadvisor remove the picture and they did seeing that was a copied picture from another website. If you have questions or concerns please feel free to contact us directly at 606.474.8811.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011

We stayed here because we were planning to visit a city nearby. There were only a few cars parked in the parking lot and we found out only about 10 people were going to be in the hotel that night. The room was clean, had a big fridge, TV. There is no pool or fitness center. There is complimentary breakfast but it's more basic than a Best Western type place. When we ate there, there wasn't anyone in the breakfast room, which was okay with us. Staff was decent, friendly, but not all too enthusiastic. No problems in our room. I guess for the price we would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2011

We stayed at the Grayson Super 8 from July 20 - July 24th to attend my HS class reunion and visit family. I was pleasantly surprised at how big the room was. It was so nice to have a sofa as well as a king-sized bed. I had requested a refrigerator and was upgraded to a business room for only about half of the extra cost over a regular room. The rooms were very clean and the bathroom spotless. I have never seen a bathroom shine like that! The front desk personnel were always very helpful. We were staying during one of the hottest weeks of the summer and the air conditioner couldn't quite keep up, but it was cool enough to be comfortable. I don't think there was anything they could do about that. I would definitely stay at this Super 8 again. It is one of the nicer ones that I have stayed at.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Fairfax, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2011

I stayed at this motel on the first night of a coss country road trip. I needed something inexpensive yet comfortable for the night. This Super 8 fit the bill. Although sparse and basic, the room had everything I needed and it was clean. The room was also quiet which is not always the case in budget motels. Not a lot of variety at breakfast but they did have the basics which got my day started nicely. Checkout was quick as they billed me the entire cost of my stay when I checked in. If I were passing through this area again I would consider staying at this motel especially if I could get the same low rate I did on this stay.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
mignoncolley, Manager at Super 8 Grayson, responded to this review, July 18, 2011
I am sorry that your stay at Super 8 was not acceptable. You were staying on a holiday weekend which is our busiest time of the year. I assume that is why we had to upgrade your room to accommodate your need for a non smoking room. The room you were given is normally $20 higher that the original room you booked, but you were only charged $9.50 difference.

None of the motels in Grayson have elevators; however we are only two stories. We do have handicapped rooms on the first floor for those unable to climb stairs.

You indicated that the side entrance you used smelled of cat urine and smoke. We had just painted the interior walls and restained the stair rails in that entrance three days before your visit and it did smell strongly of varnish.

We had two people working breakfast that weekend to try to avoid anyone having to wait for some of the items on our menu to be heated. As I said before this is our busiest weekend of the year.

The standard for our hotel is two towels for a room with one bed. You can always ask for additional towels if you need them.

I realize that noise made by other guests is sometimes a problem. If it is excessive the front desk personnel can usually ask them to try to be quieter.
South Shore, KY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2011

I initially booked a smoking room by accident and called and they were able to switch the room, but it ended up being more expensive... No elevator in this hotel - though not a problem for my husband and I since we are able-bodied and young despite being in a second-floor room. We used the side entrance for convenience and it smelled terribly of cat urine and smoke. Breakfast consisted of biscuits and gravy, bagels, muffins, and cereal - but don't show up more than a half hour after breakfast starts or the biscuits and gravy won't be ready. Also, the shower head in our room made a really loud noise if left on a normal stream setting. Only two full-size towels are standard, if you need any more you have to ask for them. And finally, the doors are not very sound proof as people could be heard yelling outside in the hall at around 7am....

Room Tip: Ask for 1st floor room to avoid stairs
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Canton, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2010

As soon as my husband and I walked into the motel I was surprised at how clean and well decorated it was. There were two young ladies working the front desk and greeted us immediately upon walking through the door with a smile and asking us how we were. They were very friendly and professional. When we asked about the rates we were amazed that they were so reasonable. We stayed in a non-smoking single queen size bedroom and the bed was very comfortable. It was quiet and my husband and I got plenty of rest. I have never seen such clean bathrooms in a hotel! The housekeepers do an EXCELLENT job! Breakfast was decent, however I would have liked to have seen some waffles and fruit. Overall, we really enjoyed our stay here and will definitely return when we are traveling through Kentucky. Thank you for your excellent service!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Super 8 Grayson? Share your experiences!