“We had a wonderful stay at this Super 8” 5 of 5 stars

Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Grayson
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Minnesota
“We had a wonderful stay at this Super 8”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2011

We stayed at the Grayson Super 8 from July 20 - July 24th to attend my HS class reunion and visit family. I was pleasantly surprised at how big the room was. It was so nice to have a sofa as well as a king-sized bed. I had requested a refrigerator and was upgraded to a business room for only about half of the extra cost over a regular room. The rooms were very clean and the bathroom spotless. I have never seen a bathroom shine like that! The front desk personnel were always very helpful. We were staying during one of the hottest weeks of the summer and the air conditioner couldn't quite keep up, but it was cool enough to be comfortable. I don't think there was anything they could do about that. I would definitely stay at this Super 8 again. It is one of the nicer ones that I have stayed at.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Fairfax, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2011

I stayed at this motel on the first night of a coss country road trip. I needed something inexpensive yet comfortable for the night. This Super 8 fit the bill. Although sparse and basic, the room had everything I needed and it was clean. The room was also quiet which is not always the case in budget motels. Not a lot of variety at breakfast but they did have the basics which got my day started nicely. Checkout was quick as they billed me the entire cost of my stay when I checked in. If I were passing through this area again I would consider staying at this motel especially if I could get the same low rate I did on this stay.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
mignoncolley, Manager at Super 8 Grayson, responded to this review, July 18, 2011
I am sorry that your stay at Super 8 was not acceptable. You were staying on a holiday weekend which is our busiest time of the year. I assume that is why we had to upgrade your room to accommodate your need for a non smoking room. The room you were given is normally $20 higher that the original room you booked, but you were only charged $9.50 difference.

None of the motels in Grayson have elevators; however we are only two stories. We do have handicapped rooms on the first floor for those unable to climb stairs.

You indicated that the side entrance you used smelled of cat urine and smoke. We had just painted the interior walls and restained the stair rails in that entrance three days before your visit and it did smell strongly of varnish.

We had two people working breakfast that weekend to try to avoid anyone having to wait for some of the items on our menu to be heated. As I said before this is our busiest weekend of the year.

The standard for our hotel is two towels for a room with one bed. You can always ask for additional towels if you need them.

I realize that noise made by other guests is sometimes a problem. If it is excessive the front desk personnel can usually ask them to try to be quieter.
South Shore, KY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2011

I initially booked a smoking room by accident and called and they were able to switch the room, but it ended up being more expensive... No elevator in this hotel - though not a problem for my husband and I since we are able-bodied and young despite being in a second-floor room. We used the side entrance for convenience and it smelled terribly of cat urine and smoke. Breakfast consisted of biscuits and gravy, bagels, muffins, and cereal - but don't show up more than a half hour after breakfast starts or the biscuits and gravy won't be ready. Also, the shower head in our room made a really loud noise if left on a normal stream setting. Only two full-size towels are standard, if you need any more you have to ask for them. And finally, the doors are not very sound proof as people could be heard yelling outside in the hall at around 7am....

Room Tip: Ask for 1st floor room to avoid stairs
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Canton, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2010

As soon as my husband and I walked into the motel I was surprised at how clean and well decorated it was. There were two young ladies working the front desk and greeted us immediately upon walking through the door with a smile and asking us how we were. They were very friendly and professional. When we asked about the rates we were amazed that they were so reasonable. We stayed in a non-smoking single queen size bedroom and the bed was very comfortable. It was quiet and my husband and I got plenty of rest. I have never seen such clean bathrooms in a hotel! The housekeepers do an EXCELLENT job! Breakfast was decent, however I would have liked to have seen some waffles and fruit. Overall, we really enjoyed our stay here and will definitely return when we are traveling through Kentucky. Thank you for your excellent service!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Ellettsville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2010

We were traveling with a dog so finding a hotel that accepts pets without charging a high fee was a task until we stumbled upon the Super 8. Room was clean and did not smell of past pets. Hotel also has free internet. Lots of grassy areas to walk the dog and the parking lot was well lit in case of a night potty. Several food options close to hotel.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2010

this is not our first time staying at this hotel (and we weren't treated kindly the first time either)....I believe in giving second chances..but never again. My family and I stayed there this weekend because we had a funeral to attend. I called ahead to ask for a refrigerator and they told me that they could not "guarantee" our room would be ready at the check in time (of 3:00) because they were busy the night before....to call back and check later...... the room was ready but the hall and non smoking room smelled like smoke. The carpets on the stairway (no elevator) are filthy as well as the hall. When we got back from the showing hours I called down and asked for a rollaway bed and was told (in a rude tone) that she was the only one there and that the beds were locked up on the 2nd floor....that she would have to try to get ahold of the maintenance guy who lives across the street.....TWO HOURS LATER....my grandbaby pukes on the bedding so my daughter goes down to ask for an extra blanket and she was told (in a rude tone again) that the maintenance guy will be coming with that roll a way bed...it is now 9:45 at night. At 10:40 the maintenance guy shows up and is not nice at all!! he leaves the bed at the door for me to push in and set up....my daughter and I open it up and the blanket is FULL of cigarette holes!!!!! I am very disappointed in the service at this hotel! there are several other hotels in this town and I will try them the next time that we have to stay.... to top it off....I ask the front desk when I leave for the phone number to the owner....not even 20 minutes later when I get to the funeral for my aunt.....the managers mother whom knows my grandmother (I guess) called my grandma to find out why I was upset!! not professional at all!!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Elkins, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2010

hey thanks for making our stay with you great & clean rooms nice staff & breakfast was good. thanks jerry & aqnita lockett 54 canterbury pl elkins wv 26241

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Super 8 Grayson? Share your experiences!