“Go for the cheese sticks!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Patti's 1880's Settlement Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American, Dessert, Family Fare
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Dessert
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: West Commerce
Description: Patti's 1880's Settlement is that special place where friends bring friends. Patti's and Mr. Bill's are upscale family dining; famous for a 2" Pork Chop, Mile High Meringue Pies, Flower Pot Bread, and Strawberry Butter. Patti's 1880's Settlement is located in the small town of Grand Rivers, KY located at the northern entrance of Land Between the Lakes between Lake Barkley and Kentucky Lake.
McLeansboro, IL
“Go for the cheese sticks!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

Invited by some friends to go to Patti's 1880s Settlement for our first time and were GREATLY pleased. They had mentioned the unbelievable cheese sticks and me not being a big mozzarella cheese stick fan thought I would pass until they set them down on the table! Biggest things I've ever seen, thought someone had ordered chicken strips at first. And they were fantastic! I ordered a filet mignon that was fantastic and ordered a piece of the mile high pie, which was more than I could handle. Weather was still a bit cool outside so didn't really get to enjoy the grounds to the full effect, but will definitely go back when weather is nice to take advantage of the immediate area. Very nice family oriented place to go!

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Louisville, Kentucky
“Not Good”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

First, the choices are limited in the area as where to eat. So we thought, why not give it a try. The atmosphere is reminiscent of a crackle barrel on steroids. The place we were staying had a menu and it looked like somewhere different to eat. However, the menu was outdated and we were very disappointed. First, there were more employees than customers, and we had to wait. Then the waitress gave a barrage of information that we really didn't need to hear. The only pro is that staff seems very knowledgeable and well trained. However it did not make up for the food. First, we had the fried pickles, which were typical, nothing outstanding. Next they brought out this flavorless bread in a flowerpot with strawberry butter. Must be an acquired taste. Finally after a lengthy wait I had the catfish platter and my wife had the Kentucky hot brown. Mine was so nasty I couldn't even eat half of it, my wife couldn't even finish the one bite she tried. Then hers resembled what I could only compare to as cat vomit on a plate. But the worst part...the check...$40. We got out of there and paid for it with nausea for the next several hours. Maybe others had better experiences but I wouldn't recommend this place. My wife and I are both foodies and try to keep an open mind.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
PattisGrandRiversKy, Manager at Patti's 1880's Settlement Restaurant, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our company. We appreciate your feedback. Please accept our sincerest apology for not meeting your expectations. It's our goal to retain you as a satisfied customer and we do hope to see you again in the future.
Toronto, Canada
“Good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

Several people in Paducah recommended this restaurant while we were there for Quilt Week so we made the necessary reservations for dinner. We had been told to order the 2 inch thick pork chop but none of us thought that we would be able to finish it. Then we noticed that at the bottom of the menu it said that there was a $2.00 charge for splitting an entree, so decided to do that. When they placed the pork chop in front of me I thought it was certainly large enough to share, then I found out that it was just my half - my friend's was just as large! It turned out to be a great deal that way and neither of us went home hungry - we still couldn't finish everything!

The service was good but the waitresses were a bit hard to understand sometimes, especially when they were rattling off the menu or dessert items by rote.

The mile high pie is worth ordering just to see it but the Sawdust pie was the favorite of everyone at the table. I came very close to buying one to take home!

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Naples, Florida
“Just for the Sauce!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

Patti's has THE BEST sauce and spices to use on your pork chops! We bought a TON to give as presents, it's worth the trip out there! Charming and YUMMY!

Visited April 2013
North Alabama
“Better Than I Thought It Would Be...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

When we stopped in for lunch, my first impression of Patti's was of a tourist trap. You have to walk through a sizeable gift shop to get to the restaurant. But the eating area was nicely decorated with the servers all in period dress (1800's). The food was really very good as was the service. We were too full to try any of the deserts but they sure looked good (in a part of the gift shop). The meal wasn't cheap but I've seen worse.

All in all a unique experience.

• Visited April 2013