“Good value, clean & pleasant stay” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Glasgow
Fort Wayne, in
“Good value, clean & pleasant stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

We stayed three nights in this hotel while visiting Mammoth Cave National Park. It was clean, comfortable and quiet. We could hear people coming and going from the parking lot if they were chatting in groups, but only occasionally, and did not hear any noise from neighboring rooms. The staff was friendly and efficient. We felt the breakfast was convenient and adequate even for two adults and a teenage boy to get our fill. I heard a few guests grumbling when they arrived as the eggs/sausage ran out, but the staff refilled quickly, and I'd rather see food being made as needed than see it sitting for the whole 3 hours while breakfast is served. We had 2 dogs with us and saw several others, but didn't hear any of them. Not a fancy place, but when we travel we spend our days out and about, and only need a hotel to sleep. I don't like to overpay just to use the bed, and this provided everything we needed. I would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Lori T, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
First we would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us, second we would like to thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to write a review. We are very happy you enjoyed your stay with us and I am thankful that someone commented on our breakfast. I actually like to use our breakfast attendant like a hostess. I want them to keep the food fresh and our goal is not to have excessive amounts out for long periods of time. I hope if you are in the area again you will come back and stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Columbus
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

The rooms were in very good shape and clean, the staff was friendly, and the rate was very fair. The rooms open to the outside, rather than a newer hotel where they're enclosed, but the hotel is up to date in all other respects. In fact, we were staying with two small dogs and it was actually preferable to have our doors open up to the parking lot and the grassy area beyond. If you are traveling with dogs, this is a pet-friendly hotel ($10 fee) and there is plenty of space to walk a dog. If you are visiting Mammoth Cave National Park, this hotel is located a few minutes farther away than the closer hotels at Cave City, KY but it is an easy drive and there seemed to be much more in the way of restaurants and stores in Glasgow compared to Cave City. We were very pleased with our stay here.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Lori T, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a response. We appreciate your kind words and we strive hard to make sure our guest have a nice clean place to sleep. I will pass this own to the staff and again thank you.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

Hey, this is an old style motel. Room only accessible from the outside but don't let this fool ya because for the money that is the only downside. The room is awesome clean and the bed is comfy. The staff are super nice with hospitality spilling out everywhere. I like it!

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Lori T, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, December 20, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to post a comment and for the wonderful review. I have posted this for the staff to see. That's what our hotel is all about, making our guest feel welcomed and happy. Thanks and have a wonderful holiday!
Brandenburg, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

The staff at this hotel was wonderful, my room was clean and I had no problems. The one thing that I did not like was that the walls were paper thin and I could hear everything on both sides of me as well as above me.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Lori T, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. We appreciate the comments and we are sorry the walls are thin and you could hear everything. We also appreciate the kind comments about the staff and I will be happy to post this for everyone to read. Thank you for staying with us and we hope you have a wonderful holiday and a happy New Year.
LaPorte, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

Previously stayed at the Days Inn in Glasgow and it was horrible so needless to say I was skeptical about staying at another hotel in Glasgow. Upon checking in at the Comfort Inn I was greeted by a wonderful young man named Ron. He checked me in, printed driving instructions for me to my son's house and also talked me through them. He couldn't have been a better person! Then later when I got into the rooms the pillows were the best I have ever experienced in a hotel, and I've traveled a lot over the years! Nice clean room, good selection of channels on tv, couldn't have asked for a better place to stay. Definitely will be staying there when I go down again in November!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Lori T, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, October 19, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for us. I am glad Ryan was able to assist you and I will be very happy to share your wonderful comments with the entire staff. I am glad to know you enjoyed the pillows it is a part of our new bedding program. We hope you will visit us again and we hope you enjoy the up coming holidays.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

Overall average hotel but staff went above and beyond most. Mornings were always a treat, nice selection and an absolutely delightful server. The staff make the stay worth the trip! The place appeared to stay busy and the pool was very well maintained. I'd come back just for the staff's smiling and friendly faces.

• Stayed September 2013
RDOSWIP, Regional Director of Sales at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. We take pride in Customer Service so Thank you for letting us know how great our staff is. We hope to see you on your next visit to Glasgow. Best Regards and Safe Travels, Cindy Addison, Regional Director of Sales
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

I stayed here for 4 nights, actually just 3. I had booked 4. The place was not in good shape. My door was sprung and when the latch was turned it sprung open; it didn't fully close. The bathroom door was also sprung. Evidence of both was the hinges not seating fully on the doors. The place was used by a lot of construction folks. Noisy and busy.
I ended up not staying for all 4 nights, although I had paid for that. I simply moved to a Bowling Green motel. Peaceful.
The place allowed the construction workers to set up grills on one side of the facility. Just seemed to be more geared to that than normal travelers. When I first checked in, I saw an informal gathering by some of the workers playing fairly loud music and sitting outside drinking beer. I asked the desk person about this and her explanation was that the workers were just unwinding and would probably get to bed early since they got up early. My room was on the ground floor and the room above me was a bit noisy.
Overall, I would not stay there again. The management seemed to be more focused on the work crews who stayed there for days at a time.

Room Tip: Request a top floor room away from stairways.