“Historical, Comfortable and Affordable” 5 of 5 stars

Hall Place Bed & Breakfast
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   313 South Green Street, Glasgow, KY 42141   |
Ranked #2 of 3 Glasgow B&B and Inns
Arizona
“Historical, Comfortable and Affordable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

My husband and I spent three nights staying at the Hall Place B & B very recently. We were driving across country, and this stay was wonderful! Karin and Gary are great hosts; Karin shared the history of the house (built in 1852) with guests after breakfast one morning. Abraham Lincoln is said to have attended the "housewarming party" when the house was first constructed; he was a cousin or some relation to Dr. Hall's wife. And the underground railroad made use of the long caves that pass under the house and head north.
I highly recommend the Hall Place B & B to families, solo travelers and couples like my husband and myself.

Room Tip: We stayed in the room with the king bed. It was very comfy. And the room itself was spacious.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Indianapolis, Indiana, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

First off, if your visiting Mammoth Cave National Park than Glasgow is the town to stay in. It's about a 20 minute drive to the park, and, as an added bonus, it's only 20 minutes to Barren River Reservoir. And if your staying in Glasgow, Hall Place is THE place to stay! Hands down. Nothing else is even close (except for Karen and Gary's other B&B).
First off, Karen and Gary were excellent hosts. We had a snafu through the booking service that said service wouldn't resolve. A call to Hall Place, a talk with Karen, and the snafu was immediately resolved. Thanks Karen!
Second; the beds were comfortable and the rooms were quiet. Even at the best hotels I'll wake up half a dozen times through the night due to over hard mattresses, noisy heating/ac, loud guests, etc. That was not a problem here. I slept as well as I would have if I was in my own bed.
Third; the breakfast was spot on. Fresh fruit, waffles, french toast, scrambled eggs, juice, bacon. Crispy bacon. I am a bacon lover, and this bacon was done right. How can you have a bad day when it starts with a great breakfast?
Finally; this place oozes history. Yeah, it's a little cluttered, but time after time I found myself stopping to look at a picture, or read from a book, or play a quick game of pool with my daughter (yes they have a billiard table).

I liked it. My wife liked it. My thirteen year old daughter liked it (and you know tough that can be). And 3 out of 3 ain't bad.
If you've never stayed at a B&B before, this would be an excellent place to start!

Congratulations Karen and Gary! You get the first 5 star rating of anything I've ever reviewed!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Wesr Lafayette, IN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

My wife and I were traveling through the Bluegrass state and were looking for a place to stay between Louisville and Nashville. We located the Hall Place B&B on tripadvisor and gave them a call. They were very accommodating and we got the room with the king size bed. The bed was comfortable, wireless internet was available and free. The shower was nice with decent water pressure. The breakfast in the morning was very satisfying and tasty. We enjoyed our stay and would recommend it without reservation

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Beresford, South Dakota, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

My husband and I enjoyed our stay at Hall Place very much! Gary and Karen were wonderful hosts. Our room, "The Theadosia Room", was beautifully furnished and comfortable. Karen prepared a delicious, filling breakfast and even had time to sit down with us and give us the history of the house, the area, and her own family connection with historic figures. So interesting!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
The Hague, The Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

Hall Place is a nice building with a lot of history. The rooms were comfortable enough but crowded with knick knacks everywhere and my room didn't have a window. If you love a B&B like that, this is your place. The owner is very welcoming but talkative! She will also give a history of the house, area and her family over breakfast. The food is good but really good have done without the lecture which went on and on.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
GaryC1960, Manager at Hall Place Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
We at Hall Place Bed and Breakfast always strive to make your experiance memorable. Our B&B has a large amount of history that 99.9% of all our guests enjoy learning about. All of our rooms have windows in them. The room you were staying in is our two bedroom suite with a private bathroom. One of the bedrooms have the door that you enter through and the other has a window, the bathroom is in the room with the window. This home was built in 1852 and has been preserved to maintain its period. It is not a hotel where you get a key and told where your room is. B&Bs are typically as a whole more than just a room. We value your experience and look forward to your next stay when you are in the U.S. again.
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

My husband and I took a week-end trip to Mammoth cave in October and stayed at Hall Place. The owners', Karin & Gary are an awesome couple. Very pleasant and both of them a wealth of history about the Bed & Breakfast and also the history of the town of Glasgow. The house was beautiful, comfortable and the breakfast was delicious both mornings. Got to meet other couples staying at the house and enjoyed having breakfast with them. Enjoyed Mammoth cave, but would definately recommend seeing Diamond caves which is next door and has much more beauty and unique sights to see. We definately plan to do another week-end trip to the caves and will definately stay at this B&B or maybe another one that Karin & Gary own.

Room Tip: We had the Suite Romance, very roomy and a pool table right outside our door. We played quite a few...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and tour at Mammoth and Diamond Caves. Mammoth and Diamond Caves are open year round and so are we. We look forward to your next visit.
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

Hall Place B&B is a good alternative to staying in a chain motel when visiting Mammoth Cave. It is a bit of a drive to the caves but it is reasonably priced. The decor was not exactly to my liking but that is a very personal preference and it is decorated to suit it being an historic building. I did have to make my husband sleep on the opposite side of the bed due to the room having a dress form decked out in old clothes. I felt waking up and seeing that would freak me out. Although it is near the square, there is not all the much within walking distance. There seemed to be only one restaurant on the square so we did have to drive to have dinner. All and all you can't beat the value. We had a large room and breakfeast for less than $100 a night. Breakfest is good and you get quite an extensive history of the house during breakfest.

Room Tip: In the Theodosia room, there was quite a bit of traffic noise early on Friday morning (not on Sat or...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hall Place Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!