“Exquisite!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 56 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Temporarily closed for renovations.
Cave City, Kentucky
“Exquisite!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

My family just dined here for the 2nd time. The first time there was 6 of us and we all ordered a different entree. We also had the OPA! Greek cheese appetizer. Oh my goodness, it was superb! Everyone was extremely pleased with their entrees. We were all sharing in order to have a sampling and we were all overwhelmed with the wonderful flavor. The service was exceptional as well. So I thought could it really be that good the 2nd time. Well, we were not disappointed. Again, we all ordered something different and we were sooooo pleased. Of course we did have to try the OPA! again, oh yeah. Again the service was fantastic. If you have not eaten there, I would highly recommend that you give this a try!,,

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Holy mother of Greek food Batman!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014 via mobile

This is hands down the best restaurant in the city of Glasgow KY. I cannot stress enough how great the experience was. Excellent service. Excellent food. Great atmosphere. I will definitely be coming back. It will most definitely be mine and my wife's new date night place to go. If you have any sense in your head you will stop in and eat at this great restaurant.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bowling Green, Kentucky
“Excellent but expensive”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

Good quality Greek and Turkish food, but the service is slow and the serving sizes not requisite to the price (good Greek food is not rocket science, and should be plentiful, not skimpy)

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Virginia
“Absolutely the Worst”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

Five of us arrived around 7:30 PM, the day after Christmas 2013. The restaurant was half full.

After waiting at the hostess desk at the front entrance for several minutes a young lady arrived and just looked at us. No welcome, just a blank stare. We advised we were a party of five. She finally said, abruptly and very rudely, "There is a twenty minute wait". She then carried on a conversation with another server and ignored us.

After several more minutes, while we continued to stand in the narrow entranceway, another couple arrived and we, not the servers who ignored the new arrivals, said there is apparently a twenty minute wait. Now there were seven people standing like fools in the entranceway.

If there was adult supervision in the restaurant they were not in evidence.

After several more minutes of being ignored by the two young ladies who were involved in their conversation, ignoring their tables in the restaurant and the seven people in the entrance, we decided, enough was enough and prepared to leave. I said to the young lady, there are many empty tables. Then the young lady said, again rudely, "The kitchen is backed up".

Instead of making us stand there, would it not have been better to explain that up front and offer to seat us and see if we wanted a drink? (Although a backed up kitchen with a restaurant only half full should be a warning that the kitchen is not up to the job). Instead we were expected to stand in a crowded entryway while the waitstaff pointedly ignored us.

We went to another restaurant, were served promptly and had a wonderful dinner.

The next day, I sent an email explaining the situation to Anna's Greek Restaurant via their website. That too, was ignored by Anna's and I never received a response.

My wife and I visit Glasgow several times a year. You can be sure we, and the Glasgow residents in our party, will never visit Anna's Greek Restaurant again.

• Visited December 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
“Amazing, delicious Greek!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

Anna's Greek Restaurant is quite possibly the best Greek food I have tasted anywhere, including Greece! My wife and I used Anna's catering for our wedding and we simply cannot say enough great things about them. The service was great and the food was perfect. Try Anna's Tenderloin and the gyros, they're absolutely amazing! The food isn't the cheapest around, but for the quality it's spot on. Our guests loved the food and so did we!

Visited September 2013