“Excellent all around” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Murray, Kentucky
“Excellent all around”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

We at at Patties and it was wonderful..Love how we were greated and seated right away. Our server was wonderful and keep up with everything. We got the special that day and it was great..I would recomend this to all my friends and the visiters.

Visited December 2012

Louisville, Kentucky, United States
“They only have one thing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I visited Patti's once again 2 days ago and as usual the food, service , and grounds were exceptional. I live 3 hours away so I always make it a point to stop when I am in the area, but this time we made a special trip. As mentioned above Pattis only has one menu item in my humble opinion, the 2 inch pork chop. If you get anything else you have really missed out. You might be tempted to get the 1 inch pork chop because the 2 inch is so big but don't do it. Even though they come from the same kitchen the 2 inch is much better, don't know why. If you have the chance to visit at the holidays the Christmas lights and decorations are second to none. ENJOY!!

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Greenville, Kentucky
“Best of the best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

We live a little more than an hour from Patti's and so we have the opportunity to visit often. My family and I would agree that Patti's has the very best food anywhere around Western Kentucky. If you are anywhere in the area, do plan on dining there. Anything that you order will be wonderful!

Visited September 2012
Metropolis, Illinois
“Reliably good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Patti's is an institution in Western Kentucky and lives up to its reputation. The food and service is consistently good and the gift shop area has unique items. They're known for their 2" pork chop, but most everything on the menu is satisfying. The only downside is that it's usually crowded, particularly on weekends and especially around the holiday season. Reservations are highly recommended.

Visited July 2012
Memphis, Tennessee
“A family favorite for years........”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

This has been one of my family's favorites for years, and we've celebrated many an occasion here. In addition to the great food, the place itself, along with it's various activities and just the general gardens/grounds are amazing. A 'must do' for anyone travelling thru the area.

Only ONE 'NOT SO MINOR' COMPLAINT........I don't want to blame the owners of Patti's for this, as they've never seemed like anything BUT the 'all-inclusive', welcoming people to my family, but sadly, on our last family outing, we brought my husband, who is African American.......(This was Thanksgiving about four yrs ago) He got one snarky remark from a young man with a group who was strolling outside in the beautiful gardens near us, and then, when we all got the exact same thing for dinner, it being Thanksgiving and them having a set menu......we all loved ours, but he had to run to the bathroom and throw up! (One wonders if someone was having a little racist fun at his expense in the kitchen?!)
So sorry to have to write this, and I can never go back with him, now, which is equally sad. I did notice that lots of African American families were there in the crowd that night, but he'll never feel comfortable going again. Hopefully, the owners and management will take measure to educate their staff that, if they're going to continue to draw the cross-cultural travellers they seem to have been, anybody playing tricks like that will be immediately dismissed. The wait-staff and hostesses were all nice to us, so I had to suspect it was a smart-aleck in the kitchen that didn't like seeing a black man with a white girl or something. Still.........many fond memories of the place, going back to their earliest days in the Seventies........HOPE THIS NEVER HAPPENS TO ANOTHER CUSTOMER........

• Visited November 2011