“Great stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Georgetown Corporate Center Hotel

Save Saved
You added BEST WESTERN PLUS Georgetown Corporate Center Hotel to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS Georgetown Corporate Center Hotel
Ranked #2 of 14 hotels in Georgetown
Knoxville, United States
“Great stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

This pet friendly motel was tops in its class! We enjoyed our room, the free breakfast, and reasonable pricing for what we got. It's also in a very convenient location to many places of interest in the area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Amit P, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Georgetown Corporate Center Hotel, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Thanks for your kind review. We do love our 4 legged friends. Did you know there is a dog park located just 3 miles down the road from us at the Scott County Park, Which contains tennis courts, basketball courts, a large playground, a walking track and 2 ponds. May be next summer you can come stay with us and enjoy the dog show competition at Kentucky Horse Park. Hope to see you soon..

140 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

The room had bugs flying around, The room had a mildew odor and all my clothes were wet. Was suppose to be smoke free and I smelled someone smoking both nights I was there. There was NO hot water in the morning to take a shower and the front desk told me.."Oh everyone is probably taking showers at the same time." I'm like...really??? The employees didn't really seem to care about what I was telling them. I will never stay at a Best Western ever again as long as I live. They didn't even compensate me

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Amit P, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Georgetown Corporate Center Hotel, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
I would like to personally apologize for the series of unfortunate incidences that you experienced during your stay with us. We continually try to do our very best for all of our guests, but unfortunately, sometimes we do fail.
I will look into each issue that you have noted, in an attempt to correct and improve our hotel policies.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for two nights, it was a joyful stay, very close to Horse Park and very prominent location.
Breakfast was very satisfying and evening cookies & popcorn added the flavor, the staff is very friendly & cooperative, I will plan my next visit here only.

• Stayed September 2013
Amit P, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Georgetown Corporate Center Hotel, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
We love that our location is conveniently off I 75 exit 126 , only 5 min from KY Horse Park. We hope that you plan to visit again for future events here in Georgetown KY. Thank You for the great review.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

I was there for 3 days and staff made me feel home away from home that says staff is by far best I have seen, very roomy rooms and beds far best compare to best hotels. Breakfast is was good for price but best is cookies and popcorn at evening hrs..clean

• Stayed September 2013
Thank You for taking time to let us know your experience. The beds are recently updated and we understand the importance of a good night sleep. As always, the fresh baked warm cookies and popcorn are always a great way to end the evening when you are away from home. We look forward to seeing you back soon.
Urbana, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

We were just at this motel for 5 days. The staff were so friendly and helpful. Room was clean, comfortable beds, comfortable. Breakfast was good and as usual, we ate too much :-) The free cookies in the evening just tops off the enjoyable stay. Thanks again

Room Tip: We had a king size bed and it was very comfortable. Bathroom was very roomy and clean. Quiet and n...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Amit P, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Georgetown Corporate Center Hotel, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Thanks for the wonderful review! We strive to make sure everyone feels at home when they stay with us. It is nice having a large breakfast (included in the price) right here so you don’t have to go spend extra money in the morning, and of course we have to top it off with a free desert of fresh baked cookies and popcorn from 6pm-8pm every night. Our location is fantastic for being a central location to many things to do ranging from the Kentucky Horse Park, Keeneland Race Track, Theatres of Georgetown and many great touring spots. We look forward to seeing you again.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Before booking a night we read great reviews for this hotel online. We arrived a few minutes before check-in and went upstairs to our room. They had not even finished cleaning it yet and the door was propped open with full trash cans. So we went back downstairs and waited.My husband noticed trash around the coffee urns still there from breakfast. When we finally got to the room I started to put things in the fridge and noticed it was turned all the way up but was not the least bit cool....so back downstairs we went. They gave us a different room and we moved into there. Things were not up to par for what this hotel is supposed to be---Best Western Plus--One lamp didn't work, you had three appliances and only two plugs (fridge, microwave and coffee maker) In order to use coffee maker you had to unplug something else. The other room was set up the same way and there was no way to move the coffee maker somewhere else. Breakfast was the average hotel fare. The hostess however spent most of her time in the prep area or another room talking on her phone. There was only a few pieces of bacon in the pan
and they were swimming in grease. One coffee pot was empty for quite awhile and others complained to the front desk. The bacon should never have taken 15 minutes to fill since it was obviously the pre-cooked microwaved kind that takes seconds to heat.
The good points: The pool was nice. There was not many even staying overnight there so we had the pool to ourselves. The AC was quiet, the beds comfortable. Will we stay here again? NO! There are plenty other hotels nearby, we'll take our chances there!

Room Tip: Check room out well before accepting.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Amit P, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Georgetown Corporate Center Hotel, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
I want to apologize for the issues you had during your recent stay with us. You should have never been checked into a room that wasn't clean and ready. I do want to let you know that the microwaves are set up to plug into the fridge and that is why we only need 2 outlets. However, everything should be plugged up and in working order before a guest checks into the room.

Our goal is to always exceed our guests expectations and I am sorry that we did not do that for you. I will use your comments when meeting with my staff as an example of what we do not want to happen and use the opportunity for additional training.

We do hope that you will give us another chance and will stay with us again if your travels bring you through Georgetown.
Ashburn, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

We recently stayed here for 11 nights while we were showing at the Kentucky Horse Park. The hotel is just a quick ride on the interstate to KHP. Super convenient. Our room was well appointed. The only thing that would have been a nice to have would have been a laptop cushion like you find in some hotels. Overall a great trip just a few minor hiccups. The third floor is a mix of smoking and nonsmoking rooms, so if you want to be on a completely non smoking floor make sure you don't end up on the third floor. Housekeeping left the room door ajar one day, not a nice surprise to find when you return home from a long day out. Breakfast was ok, we weren't staying there for the breakfast so no big deal. The strangest thing was how the night shift "guarded" the popcorn in the breakfast room. Halfway through the stay we had the same lady who had seen us every night for five nights before ask us if we were staying at the hotel, i was thinking no I just saw the ad for free popcorn. The other issue was that the printer in the lobby doesn't work, so if you need to print anything you have to physically go behind the check in counter to get it done, not an ideal situation.

Overall if next time we show at KHP I will definitely consider coming back here, definitely better than staying on the Lexington side of the showgrounds.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Amit P, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Georgetown Corporate Center Hotel, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to do a review of the Best Western Corporate Center Georgetown. We do consider our location to the Kentucky Horse Park to be a benefit of staying at our property. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and thank you for the suggestion regarding laptop cushions, it is something we will look into.

While we do offer smoking rooms on the 3rd floor, we try our best to accomodate requests from non smokers to be on another floor. I do apologize that there was an issue with housekeeping leaving your door open one day, we do not want that to ever happen. And I will speak to our head housekeeper about procedures to prevent that from happening in the future. I'm also not sure why any of our desk clerks would "guard" the popcorn. We offer complementary cookies and popcorn every night for our guests to enjoy. We do not want anyone to feel like they have to prove they are a guest at the hotel. We aim to be your home away from home. I will meet with our desk clerks and make sure they don't do anything like.

We do look forward to you staying with us again in the future.

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Georgetown Corporate Center Hotel? Share your experiences!