“Warm and welcoming staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites Lexington Georgetown/College Inn

You added Fairfield Inn & Suites Lexington Georgetown/College Inn to your Saves list
Fairfield Inn & Suites Lexington Georgetown/College Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   200 Tiger Way, Georgetown, KY 40324 (Formerly Shoney's Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Georgetown
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Marshall, Michigan
“Warm and welcoming staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

The facility could use a little work and you can see they are in the process but the staff was one of the best I have dealt with during my travels. From Kimi at the front dest, Dena the breakfast hostess and Tammy the manager. They were attentive and helpful in every way possible.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Maine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

This hotel met all of our needs. It was quiet, comfortable and clean. Our room was cleaned each day above and beyond and the breakfast in the morning was great. It had mostly the same items every morning, but the staff tending the area was great, pleasant and attentive. I felt the hallways, elevators and stairwells could have been picked up a little better, but our room was comfortable, clean and quiet. The front desk staff could use a little more work. I spoke to them several times before arriving and they didn't always speak the clearest, but all of our requests were granted and I watched them interact with others while we were there and they seemed to be very accommodating. We would definitely stay at this location again if in the area.

Room Tip: Our room was on the third floor which may have made it quieter.
litchfield
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

I made a reservation for two doubles, it was myself and my three kids. When we arrived, i was told they only had kings and king suites. I said I made the reservation this morning, that it was my children and I, I was told by the MANAGER that a reservation is not to save a room type, but to just save a room. Well, there was no room saved for us with my reservation made. My neice works at a hotel and when a reservation is made, a room is supposed to be put to that person as well as the TYPE they have asked for. I was very angry about this, she showed no concern for the situation and told me that if I was not happy, that I could go somewhere else. The two rooms we were stuck with, the a/c units did not work, she said she would send the maintenance man to fix it and never did. In one of the rooms there was absolutely no cold water so it was scolding hot! Well that was not the case, everywhere else was booked, which is why I reserved us a specific room so we could get what we desired! The managers name is Tammy, she was rude, unthoughtful, and very ignorant. She did not go out of her way to make our stay welcoming and comfortable. During the day, she would talk poorly about her staff in the halls. We saw her rudely correct the front desk people infront of guests and showed no concern that we or anyone else could hear her talking down to them. The snack area was not stocked, pretty much had nothing to drink in it, aside from diet beverages, not even water. I have served in the Military and she refused me my discount! So instead of paying a reasonable amount, I paid over a hundred dollars for my stay, for BOTH rooms because they did not save me the room TYPE I asked for in my reservation. I will never come back here, I have spoken to Customer Service and filed a complaint. I will never send anyone here again, they had a lot of business from us. The new manager is a joke, she is very rude and inconsiderate. The staff is wonderful, there are a couple new people sence we have been there last which is really too bad. We had some really caring people there before and people who actually took care of us as well as any concerns we might of had. However that was not the case this time, I paid for two rooms, and had no help whatsoever with any of my concerns.

• Stayed July 2014
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

We arrived and had reservations for 2 king suites. The first room was ok but had the elevator shaft behind one wall and I75 out the window. Needless to say it was very loud and the AC would click on and off constantly. The second room was over 80 degrees. I reported it when we arrived and TJ at the desk said the maintenance man would fix it after he got done repairing another unit down the hall. We left and came back from dinner and she says yes it's fixed. We entered the room and there was no temperature change. She moved us to another floor which was broken also. The third room we were moved to or I should say told to move ourselves was dirty with food and drink all over the room. The night shift receptionist who had just arrived came up to the floor and said and I quote"well how dirty is it?" really?? We were finally told there were no other rooms and they could not clean the room tonight so we were moved back to our original room at 10pm which was over 80 degrees and told the maintence man would show up sometime during the night and fix it but she wasn't sure when it would be because he wasn't on property. My 9 year old son and I ended up sleeping on a twin pullout sofa with our other guests that were staying in the other room I was told well you won't be charged for the night. The next day the room temperature was the same but we just stuck it out because there were no other hotels available because of Breyerfest. We were finally and very happily ready to depart and went and got the luggage cart to transport our luggage to the car and the only luggage cart had two dry rotted flat tires and no one seemd concerned or surprised at all. I took pictures to post. If this is the new Marriott quality I suggest find a new hotel chain.

Room Tip: Do not stay in rooms 216 or 219
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Joy H, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Lexington Georgetown/College Inn, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Good Morning,

Yes thank you for letting us know about the issues so that we can get tehm taken care of immediately. I can promise you that there are big changes and improvements is the works.

Thank you for taking the time to fill out the survey.
Miami, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

We have stayed here twice and both times the staff has been excellent, room neat and clean. Hotel is in a great location... Breakfast leaves a little be desired but that's what Cracker Barrel and Chik-fil-A are for... both are steps outside the front door!

Room Tip: If you are attending something at Georgetown College be sure to ask for the school's rate!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Good mornning,

Thank you for the kind words and for letting us know about the breakfast. Yes, we are in the middle of change and trying to make the breakfast as well as other areas more desireable.
We hope that you will see a improvements with your next stay with us.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us here at the Fairfield Inn in Georgetown.
Indianapolis, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

Noisy and staff made zero attempt to relocate me even though I am a Marriott elite level rewards member. I called Marriott customer support who contacted the front desk and still no action to improve my experience. Does using points and booking early result in being penalized? Based in my experience, definitely.

• Stayed May 2014
Palm Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

To start, the staff here was very friendly. We stopped off on a road trip and decided to use some of our Marriott points. Honestly I would have preferred paying for something else.

The property itself wasn't clean and tidy. There were signs about renovations going on but they were old enough to look as though it was by design to cover up for the bad appearance. Once we got to our room the feeling was the same. It wasn't exactly clean and it was a huge room with no furniture. There were blood and other soil stains on the curtains. That said, the bed linens were very clean as was the bathroom. Breakfast was on par with the brand but nothing to write home about.

Overall I would not recommend staying here on points or otherwise. Considering the cash rate they wanted to charge, I really would have expected much more.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Lexington Georgetown/College Inn? Share your experiences!