“not a great Country Inn & Suites - run down” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book early and Save 15%
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Georgetown
ORD
“not a great Country Inn & Suites - run down”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

I had a stay recently at the Country Inn & Suites located in Georgetown, KY.

Property is located 1/2 mile off of I-75, about 12 miles north of Lexington.
There was minimal highway noise, but there is a fairly busy road to the rear of the hotel & if your room is facing that, you may hear street traffic.

I also did hear a train whistle but thankfully that was in the morning as I was getting ready.

Carpet is very tired, not filthy but as one walks there is no bounce and the subfloor creaks.

We had a room which had a door inside our room to the next (for purposes of adjoining rooms). We didn't realize it until the lights were off but there was a 2" gap inbetween the bottom of this door & the floor, as a result, the noise from the next room freely poured into ours.

While we were pleased to get a stay credit towards the stay 3 get one free promotion, we won't likely stay at this property again when in the area.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
CarlsonRezidor, Online, Customer Support at Country Inn & Suites - Georgetown, responded to this review, April 20, 2014
Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the accommodations of your room. We will discuss the conditions of your room with hotel management to ensure all guest rooms are up to Country Inns & Suites standards. To discuss your stay further, please contact Corporate Customer Care.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

The staff member at the front desk was super friendly and helpful. Our room was clean, breakfast was okay, the eggs had a lot of water in them though. Probably our fault for not putting out the "do not disturb sign", but house keeping knocked on our door and woke us up at 8:10am to clean our room.....really, we were on vacation. I was afraid they were going to just walk on in. I'm not sure about staying there again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

The staff was friendly and helpful. I witnessed the night clerk dealing with a difficult client and she handled him with a smile and professionalism. While everything was clean, there were a few issues that kept our rating from being a 5. The linen in our room was torn (bed sheet) and frayed (towel). At breakfast, the milk was soured. The pitcher was not kept cold and the inner tube that is supposed to be filled with ice was empty. Overall, it was a great stay, just a few details need to be attended to.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Portage, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

My husband and our oldest son were in town to see our nephew play college basketball and visit with family. Our uncle said "stay here, this is where I always stay" so we booked a room here. I have stayed at a few Country Inns & Suites and I trust I will again; however, this visit took me aback at how much updating is needed not only in decor but in service.

Our check in girl was great - it was close to midnight when we got there. We had a suite and after a search for extra pillows for our son on the pull out couch, we were pretty settled. The hotel itself is very clean but definitely, tired and in need of an update. I saw the sign that said Country Inns was changing its look so I am hopeful all the little things will be addressed then.

The biggest issue was the service, particularly at breakfast. Now, there is a Cracker Barrel right across the street but you know, the free breakfast is fun and we had a nice sized group of people in other rooms. The first day was sausage and gravy and the second was eggs and french toast. The number one problem was the breakfast room staff was NO WHERE TO BE FOUND. My husband had to repeatedly go into the clean up room to get her to come out and help people and refill items that were being eaten. My husband didn't have to do it (most of the time it was to help someone else) but really? It was ridiculous. This happened BOTH days we were in the hotel so it is definitely an issue of service. It was disappointing and the thing that you remember, makes or breaks the return visit of which there will be since we have family who live in Georgetown. My husband and I travel a lot for business and for pleasure so seeing the lack of attention in the breakfast room was honestly shocking since most places have a very focused and detailed attendant working that room in their hotels.

We did use the pool and while it was lovely, the hot tub was super hot. Now, this is not me complaining but I will say, it seemed extremely hot and could potentially be a safety hazard.

Now, in an effort to not give a wholly bad review, let me say this: This is a perfect location. Great access to stores and restaurants and close to the gorgeous downtown area. I know we will be back in the area soon enough and I hope it is after the Country Inn & Suites updates and refreshes not only their decor but also their staff expectations. We would love to stay again sometime soon.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

We stayed overnight at this hotel on Dec27, 2013 on our trip to Florida. The hotel is just off Interstate 75, outside of Lexington. It is close to restaurants and gas stations and there is even a neighbourhood with sidewalks away from the main road where you can walk after a long day in the car. The hotel itself was very clean and quiet with comfortable beds and pillows. A small fridge and microwave are in each room. Jessica was on the front desk and although she was nearing the end of her shift, she was extremely pleasant and wanted to ensure that we had everything we needed. Breakfast the next morning was adequate, cereal, hot selections, muffins, etc. We missed yogurt and more fresh fruit such as a fruit cocktail as found in many other hotels. Also coffee was not very hot. A good place to for overnight.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Chatham, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

Hotel was as advertised. Fresh decor, very clean, nice room, good price, helpful staff, good location, comfortable bed..... but.... the heater was sooooo loud, it kept me up all night. I am a light sleeper. When the heater kicked in, it would wake up most sound sleepers. We arrived late and were just there to get some sleep for the continuance of our trip early the next morning, so I felt a bit cheated.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Zionsville, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013 via mobile

Good sized, clean and comfortable room. Comfortable bed and 32 inch Tv with large number of channels. Nice staff and a good breakfast. Reasonably sized fitness center and an indoor pool. Great value for the price. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013

Been to Country Inn & Suites - Georgetown? Share your experiences!