“Excellent overnight stop” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Georgetown
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Excellent overnight stop”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

We were traveling through on Nov. 4,12. Since we weren't sure of our schedule we hadn't made any advance reservations. Picked this Inn based on reviews and our Priority Club membership. Check in was efficient and friendly. We wanted a King and the only one left was for handicapped. Due to the late hour and the small likelyhood that the room would be needed for its intended purpose it was agreed we would take it. It was huge. It was also very clean and had one of the most comfortable beds of any hotel. We were next to the elevator and were concerned that we might have noise issues. Not to worry. We didn't hear a thing. Great nights sleep. Good value. Will stay here again if the timing is right.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
WSizemore, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lexington-North Georgetown, responded to this review, December 27, 2013
I am so pleased to hear that you had a comfortable stay with us! Many hotels do have issues with noise near elevators; however, the layout of our facility eliminates that usual noise. (Even our vending machines are behind closed doors 24 hours a day so the sound is not heard by any guest during the night!)

I hope you stop back in to say hello if you are ever passing through the area.

Warmest Regards,

W. Sizemore

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Louisville. KY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

This hotel was very clean, friendly staff and comfortable beds - all I look for in a hotel. I would definitely stay here again. The hotel was near several restaurants - fast food and sit down full service restaurants. We also even checked out the nearby Kohls and a few other stores. This hotel also has a restaurant which we did not utilize, however, the kids did use the indoor pool and enjoyed that.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review! It was a great pleasure having you visit us. If ever you shall need anything, please do not hesitate to let us know!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012 via mobile

Ive been staying at this Holiday Inn for quite some time now. I visit Georgetown every other weekend to see my daughter and this is where I always stay. First off, it is very clean and I really like the location. I also like having a microwave and fridge in the room. Since my daughter takes a bottle, the microwave is very convenient. I have never eaten in the on-site restaurant but judging from the menu it seems a little overpriced to me and considering I never know what my room rate will be I always explore cheaper dining options (several restaurants and a WalMart are super close). This leads me to my next point, the room rates. My past stay was 91 plus tax for one night. Two weeks before that I was quoted 119.99 +tax and had to stay somewhere else. Two weeks before that was 79 +tax and then two weeks before that was back to 90 something a night. If breakfast was included every time I probably wouldnt complain, but I was told it costs extra on top of the ever-flucuating room rates. Also it should be known that your credit card is charged an extra 20 bucks when ran which is usually released back to you a few days after checkout. These are all just minor concerns because I really like this Holiday Inn! The staff is friendly, place is.clean, and I always feel safe having my daughter here. If they can decide on a steady reasonable room rate Ill stay here everytime. The last thing I.wanted to mention, and its not a huge deal, but I have had a few problems with the wired internet in the rooms. Each room has two different wall jacks for wired internet with an included ethernet cable. Sometimes one jack but not the other works so I have to unplug and try the other. Then other rooms Ive been in neither worked and I had to switch rooms. When Im paying this much for a room I count on these things working. My laptops wireless is shot so I have to use wired internet. I suggest the hotel have these jacks tested and repaired! Overall though, I do still recommend this Holiday Inn. Just be aware of a few things.

• Stayed October 2012
I appreciate your review and thank you for staying with us.

I completely understand how the rate changes can become troublesome for our regular visitors like yourself. Depending on the type of room you have reserved and what events are going on in the area, the rates can fluctuate by day and by week.

I hope that this does not keep you from coming back and visiting us in the future. We truly appreciate your loyalty to our hotel and the Holiday Inn Brand family.

Lakewood, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

We were in town for an equestrian vaulting event at the Kentucky Horse Park. The hotel was great. Easy to get to and from the horse park. Lots of restaurants nearby. The beds are super comfortable and the staff is friendly.

Room Tip: The corner rooms are a bit smaller, but have big windows.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your wonderful FIVE STAR REVIEW! Sometimes I wish there was a way we could rate our guests because I would make sure everyone knew how great you are!

Stay You!

Sutter Creek, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012 via mobile

We have stayed here before and it is excellent. They keep it very clean and allow pets, which is very convenient our little dogs. We will stay again in the future. We were here at a show at the Horse Park

• Stayed July 2012
Our guests are what makes our hotel so wonderful. Thank you for being a great visitor and we look forward to serving your future lodging needs!

Warmest Regards,

Peoria, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

Stayed here two nights. Room was quiet and bed was quite comfortable. Close to restaurants, shopping, gas stations.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
It was a pleasure reading about your stay with us! If you stop back by to see us again, we would love to hear what we can do to earn 5 out of 5 stars on your future stays!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

Lexington does not have many lodging options in the city aside from major chain hotels. This is probably the best of the lot. The location is good, with the downtown no more than 10 minutes distant by car. The hotel is situated in a newish retail development, which includes several restaurants (e.g. Applebees, Starbucks, Firehouse Subs, and more of that sort). The hotel itself appears relatively new, so it is probably less beat up than many of the places in town. The rooms and baths are large, and we had no cleaning issues. Rates are also competitive for the area. The breakfast coffee, however, could be better.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
We pride ourselves on being conveniently located to everything a person would need during their travels while also being separated from the "pack" so you can enjoy a more quiet and relaxing night. I am thankful you took the time to leave feedback about our hotel and your stay. Our entire staff, and housekeeping, thank you for noticing their hard work and dedication to making your stay better than any other stay at any other hotel!

W. Sizemore

Been to Holiday Inn Express Lexington-North Georgetown? Share your experiences!