“Not What I Expected” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Franklin
Pinellas Park
“Not What I Expected”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

This hotel is advertised as "newly renovated," but not sure what has been renovated. My 25yo son speculated that it was because of the pancake maker in the breakfast area. The room was clean, but...the entry door handle was only operable for my son. It just wouldn't work for me. It kind of hung there. The room was loud, both from the traffic (I've stayed across the street at the Super8 before which is closer to the road and NEVER heard the traffic) and from doors opening and closing. When we first arrived the thermostat was set to 54 degrees. I found that to be excessive. It did take a while to warm up, but the unit did do its job. There was a sign, probably 7x10 inches, placed in a standing plastic holder on the counter. It started by saying that you could purchase items from housekeeping and listed their corresponding prices. It then went on to say that if any came up missing that they assumed you were okay with them charging your credit card those prices. I found that offensive. Even my son commented on it without my even mentioning it. Front desk staff were not friendly and that was a big surprise to me because everyone in Franklin, KY is very friendly. Lindy checked us in and seemed to be overwhelmed when someone came in to check in at the same time. The young pregnant woman (couldn't see if she had a name tag on) who checked us out hardly said two words to me. All I got was a tiny credit card receipt; no itemized receipt. Breakfast was OK. Shower pressure and temperature was good. Bed was firm, but ok.

Room Tip: Choose a room as far away from the road as possible. No elevator, so may want to choose a room on 1...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Miami, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

There was no shampoo for shower and the toilet ran all night due to a bad flapper (cleaning person had to notice). The breakfast prepared was very poor quality and I did not even try it. The coffee was safe though.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo

Bronson, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

Hotel was easy to find and close to the highway. Our room was great. It was well stocked and very clean. Very quiet. We slept good. The coffee was dreadful. The food was adequate but not tasty. Do NOT try the "egg" disks or "sausage" gravy.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Northern Indiana, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

We stayed overnight during a long trip back from Florida. It was a nice, clean, comfortable, quiet room, that enabled us to get the rest needed to continue on our trip. The breakfast in the morning was satisfactory with fresh made pancakes, cereal and biscuits and sausage gravy.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

The front desk staff were not very friendly and welcoming. The room I stayed in appeared quite old with peeling wallpaper and quite a bit of damage to the walls/door jams etc. The bed linen appeared to be quite old and dull. The bed pillows (3) were quite small and uncomfortable. The "free breakfast" was minimal and unappealing. In fact, I only had a small cup of coffee. The breakfast offerings were very plain - the only fruit available were bananas the were several days old. There was a sign that said to eat your breakfast in the dining area only. I often take my breakfast with me on the road. Overall, I found this Best Western to be unfriendly, unwelcoming, and the value questionable.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo

Atlanta, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

The staff at the Best Western Inn Franklin in Franklin, Kentucky, are extremely helpful. The check in staff has always gone out of their way to be sure our stays are always pleasant and comfortable. We stay at Best Western hotels whenever we stay a night away from home, and it is not by accident. Their rates are competitive and I always feel confident that the room will be clean.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

My wife was traveling back to our old Ky home to help care for a family member. The room was very clean and the manager very accommodating. We will return and we recommend this for a layover or extended stay. Thanks so much!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo

Been to BEST WESTERN Franklin Inn? Share your experiences!