“Fantastic Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Franklin
“Fantastic Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

My family stopped into this hotel while the weather was bad. The gentlemen at the front desk was so friendly and had fantastic customer service. He suggested a great local mexican eatery. The rooms are very spacious and clean. I would recommend this hotel to family and friends.

FRNKY, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Franklin, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Dear Samantha,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at my hotel. I am glad that I was of assistance to you and your family. I had a blast checking you in and in fact I told your mother or mother in law I am not sure that checking you guys in was the best thing I did after my vacation back. I thought there for a minute that your son was interested taking our elevator home with him. He sure was fascinated by it.:))

I appreciate your service to our country and I am so happy you chose to stay with us and to top it all write about it. Please continue giving your reviews weather they are good or bad.

Peoples reviews are a powerful tool & a gauge, It facilitates other folks that are undecided to choose establishments that are in par to understand and deliver products and services that cater to its customers.

In the meantime my staff and I look forward to welcoming you and your family back.

Thank you for making my day I loved reading your note.

sincerely

santosh Xavier

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

We have stayed at this location several times over the past few years. Usually, it is our mid-way stopover when traveling from hoe to visit family in the Midwest. Have been in several rooms. All have been clean and comfortable. We have had a larger suite when traveling with kids - lots of room for everyone. Pet Friendly. Indoor pool and hot tub w a lift for accessibility. We called ahead about the lift August 2013. It was new and the manager on duty the day we were visiting told us she made sure it would work and that she knew how to use it before we arrived. Made our trip! She showed us how to operate the lift and it was easy and let everyone enjoy the indoor pool. The manager was so kind, she even brought us milk and cookies to the pool in the afternoon - to save us the trip to the front desk. Hotel has great HIEx breakfast - love the hot cinnamon rolls. Looking forward to our next trip

Room Tip: Wish we could give it more than 5 stars - very accessible for those w limited mobility
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
FRNKY, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Franklin, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for being a Senior Contributor for TA. Thank you also for taking the time to write about your memorable experience at my hotel and my staff's service to you and your family.

What is so gratifying and exuberating about your comments is my staff stepping up and doing my job. It is the best thing I want to hear from a guest.

Please be rest assured that the employee in question will be acknowledged and appreciated by me and she will enjoy and cherish this read as much as I.

As always we look forward to welcoming you and your family back. Please call and let us know your future plans so we can try and replicate or better our service by holding the same room at the bottom floor for your convenience.

Sincerely

Fort Wayne, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

Great stay from the friendly desk staff to the check out with awesome room, clean and comfy beds, great décor and room size with Free Breakfast until 10a!
What a nice surprise north of Nashville!
NO MICROWAVE as stated in the advertising...will keep this on the list to stay in future!

Room Tip: King Rooms...Nice Sized!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
FRNKY, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Franklin, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for being a senior contributor for TA and thank you for taking the time to write about my hotel and our service. I am sorry that the fact not all of our rooms have microwaves was inconvenient to you and your family.

We are in the process of upgrading all our rooms with microwaves as we have refrigerators....this process will take time as we have to factor not only the cost of purchasing the microwaves but also building the cabinets to fit both refrigerators and microwaves.

In the meantime please use my response here to visit us again as I offer you a 20% discount from our best available rate with a free upgrade to suite that will have both on your next stay.

Please send me an email at hiexfranklinkygmgr@gmail.com with your itinerary details as my staff and I look forward to serving you and your family.

sincerely

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

The property was very clean and quiet. The property was well maintained and the beds were comfortable. The evening staff was also very polite and courteous. Breakfast did not begin until 7 a.m. so we did not try that as we left early. I will stay at this property again.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
FRNKY, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Franklin, responded to this review, December 29, 2013
Dear SEBlake,

Thank you for being a senior reviewer for TA. Thank you for taking the time to write a nice note about my hotel and my staff.

I am sorry you could not stay and enjoy our breakfast. Next time when you are at our hotel & you are in a similar situation, where you have to leave before breakfast starts please call my front desk 15 to 20 minutes before you leave and we will manage a go plate for you.

We can put together a banana, apple, orange our signature Cinnamon roll or a muffin etc. We cannot put the warm food but I think a little something to take away will at least start your day not on a empty stomach. We would love to do that for you.

My staff and I look forward to welcoming you and your family back. Wishing all of you a happy, prosperous and a healthy 2014.

Yours truly

Navarre, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013 via mobile

My husband, almost 3yo twin boys and I stayed here last night. It was pleasantly surprised at the amenities and cleanliness as described in other reviews. However, there are 2 reasons I can't give it a 5 star rating. The first, and biggest reason, is that when I finally fell asleep, at midnight I was awakened to hear every single footstep and move the guests next to us were making. It was very audible. The next is that when we stopped I requested the Government rate. I was told it was available but the front desk attendant made me show my ID which required me to go back out to my car where my restless 2yos with my husband were anxious to get out. Not a problem except when I woke up to see on my bill that I was charged the regular rate. I called the front desk and the morning desk attendant was very helpful courteous to resolve it though. All in all, we would stay here again when traveling to visit IN family.

• Stayed December 2013
FRNKY, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Franklin, responded to this review, December 21, 2013
Dear Sara,

Thank you for being a top contributor for TA. I am really sorry that you had trouble sleeping with all the noise around your room, sorry that you had to go out and get your id. I am glad that Rob was able to correct and give you the rate that was agreed upon check in. I take tremendous pride in my staff and us keeping promises that we make to our guests.

I completely understand how you could give us 4 stars for your stay I would have loved for you to give us 5, perhaps you would when you come and stay with us next time?

Please accept this $20 off coupon from your rate on this stay rate on your next stay with us. Please email me your scheduled visit to us next time so I can apply the discount and if there is a suite available you and your family will be staying there.

My email id is hiexfranklinkygmgr@gmail.com

Thank you once again for choosing us and my staff and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Yours truly,

Santosh xavier
West Harrison, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

By the glowing reviews I expected the Taj Mahal :-).. it wasn't. It was a typical Holiday Inn. The good points: I was recognized at check-in as a Priority Club Diamond member and was offered a cold bottle of water, which hit the spot after a long drive. The room was nice and clean. Not so good: I walk into the room and what I see out the window is a concrete wall. So the room was pretty dark. Also, there apparently was supposed to be a microwave in the room (there was an attachment on top of the refrigerator) but when I called the desk to inquire, they said not all the rooms had a microwave. While I didn't specifically request a room with a microwave, they are pretty standard these days whether you're a Priority Club member or not.

Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
FRNKY, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Franklin, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Dear roadtrip6666,

Thank you for being a contributor for TA. I am sorry that our hotel did not meet your expectations as you were thinking you were going to stay in the Taj Mahal. If you observe from the reviews left by other guests the reason why guests rave about our hotel is not so much about the overboard amenities that one may get at a Waldorf,Trump Towers Venetian etc but it is our hospitality that we pride on & they recognize.

Then there is price factor which one must consider when one stays in any of the above mentioned hotels one can easily for a 1 night's stay there stay in mine for a week. I see you forgot to mention how reasonable our rates were. :)

Our primary focus is to treat our guests with respect, provide them with clean and comfortable rooms and the amenities that are compliant with Corporate standards & then blow them away with our southern hospitality. So by far we are the Taj Mahal of Franklin, Ky but you are correct we are not the Taj Mahal of the world.

Once again I am sorry we did not meet the expectations you were hoping for but I'll tell you what for the time you took to write about my hotel I will be offering you a 25% discount on your next stay with a free upgrade to a suite. I hope you will consider this a generous token of goodwill for you to come back.

Sincerely

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

Very happy to find this Hotel !!!!! THIS HOTEL was like finding A Diamond In the Desert !!! and Then Falling in a Swimming Pool !!!! Just a few miles south of the holiday inn bowling green The Worst holiday inn I ever stayed at With A Worthless staff. Well enough of that !! Franklin Holiday Inn Night Staff Was wonderful & Very responsive to Late night People. This Night Staff, Was the best I have Met & Were the BEST. Did I Say They Were THE BEST!!!! They Got all My INFO & GAVE ME THE BEST PRICE ........ THIS HOTEL IS A POLISHED DIAMOND JUST A FEW MIIES SOUTH OF HOLIDAAY HE__

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
FRNKY, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Franklin, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Dear Robie,

Thank you for being a senior reviewer for TA. It a fantastic feeling starting my day reading and cherishing what you have written. In fact I was jumping when I saw what you wrote and my staff did the same. It is the best feeling and the greatest reward a guest can give us when we get recognized for doing our job.

Thank you for making us feel special.

Please come back and we will try to top it off again.

Yours truly

santosh xavier

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Franklin? Share your experiences!