“It was OK” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Franklin
West Harrison, Indiana
“It was OK”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

By the glowing reviews I expected the Taj Mahal :-).. it wasn't. It was a typical Holiday Inn. The good points: I was recognized at check-in as a Priority Club Diamond member and was offered a cold bottle of water, which hit the spot after a long drive. The room was nice and clean. Not so good: I walk into the room and what I see out the window is a concrete wall. So the room was pretty dark. Also, there apparently was supposed to be a microwave in the room (there was an attachment on top of the refrigerator) but when I called the desk to inquire, they said not all the rooms had a microwave. While I didn't specifically request a room with a microwave, they are pretty standard these days whether you're a Priority Club member or not.

Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
FRNKY, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Franklin, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Dear roadtrip6666,

Thank you for being a contributor for TA. I am sorry that our hotel did not meet your expectations as you were thinking you were going to stay in the Taj Mahal. If you observe from the reviews left by other guests the reason why guests rave about our hotel is not so much about the overboard amenities that one may get at a Waldorf,Trump Towers Venetian etc but it is our hospitality that we pride on & they recognize.

Then there is price factor which one must consider when one stays in any of the above mentioned hotels one can easily for a 1 night's stay there stay in mine for a week. I see you forgot to mention how reasonable our rates were. :)

Our primary focus is to treat our guests with respect, provide them with clean and comfortable rooms and the amenities that are compliant with Corporate standards & then blow them away with our southern hospitality. So by far we are the Taj Mahal of Franklin, Ky but you are correct we are not the Taj Mahal of the world.

Once again I am sorry we did not meet the expectations you were hoping for but I'll tell you what for the time you took to write about my hotel I will be offering you a 25% discount on your next stay with a free upgrade to a suite. I hope you will consider this a generous token of goodwill for you to come back.

Sincerely

santosh xavier

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

Very happy to find this Hotel !!!!! THIS HOTEL was like finding A Diamond In the Desert !!! and Then Falling in a Swimming Pool !!!! Just a few miles south of the holiday inn bowling green The Worst holiday inn I ever stayed at With A Worthless staff. Well enough of that !! Franklin Holiday Inn Night Staff Was wonderful & Very responsive to Late night People. This Night Staff, Was the best I have Met & Were the BEST. Did I Say They Were THE BEST!!!! They Got all My INFO & GAVE ME THE BEST PRICE ........ THIS HOTEL IS A POLISHED DIAMOND JUST A FEW MIIES SOUTH OF HOLIDAAY HE__

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
FRNKY, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Franklin, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Dear Robie,

Thank you for being a senior reviewer for TA. It a fantastic feeling starting my day reading and cherishing what you have written. In fact I was jumping when I saw what you wrote and my staff did the same. It is the best feeling and the greatest reward a guest can give us when we get recognized for doing our job.

Thank you for making us feel special.

Please come back and we will try to top it off again.

Yours truly

Mason, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Our stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Franklin, KY was wonderful. The rooms were very clean, the location was ideal and the staff was a delight. When we arrived, we were greeted at the desk by Rob who went above and beyond his duties, to get us restaurant menus and directions and could not have been more helpful in answering all the questions we had on the town of Franklin and Nashville. He was a delight. The bathrooms did not have any towel bars, which we thought was odd.
Very nice hotel, would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
FRNKY, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Franklin, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Dear Julie,

Thank you for being a TA contributor and thank you for the kind words of encouragement it is never ever boring to hear words of appreciation from a guest. On our end it was a pleasure serving you and if you came with your family them also.

I particularly enjoy the part where you have mentioned Rob. In his short stint here he is already proving to be an invaluable asset to me but also to the Hospitality industry in general. Your words of encouragement is more powerful than mine can be. Thank you for doing that and rest assured he too will cherish what you have written.

As far as I am concerned I just have a question. You gave us a 4 out of 5 in overall experience. What do I need us to do to get a 5. You can call me greedy if you like but the only way I am going to learn to get there is to ask you! I hope you don't take offense.

hiexfranklinkygmgr@gmail.com or please call me @ 270-303-1296

Thank you once again for the time you took to write so eloquently about us.

sincerely

santosh
Hattiesburg, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel multiple times over the past two or three years on trips to and from visiting relatives in Ohio. This is the best Holiday Inn Express we've stayed at, and the service has always been excellent. Rooms are nice, breakfast has always been good. Franklin, KY also has a low hotel room tax compared to other areas. This hotel is at exit 2 on I-65, just inside the Kentucky line from Tennessee, and is in a nice area. Staff is very friendly and attentive. In fact, on our last trip I forgot an electronic device and left it in the closet of the room and didn't miss it for a few hours. When I called the hotel they already had the item behind the front desk with my name on it, and I picked it up on our way back -- we were very grateful that the staff took care of this important item and kept it for us until we returned.
We highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
FRNKY, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Franklin, responded to this review, September 28, 2013
Dear Golden eagle,
Thank you for being a star contributor for TA. My staff and I very grateful for your generous remarks. It makes us proud that we get recognized for spoiling our guests, we strive very hard to make that happen and it makes us very happy when folks like yourself see & talk about the hard work we put in making each and every guest welcome and their stay pleasant and comfortable.

Thank you so very much for staying with us and talking so well. You could not have done any better to make mine and my staff's day more pleasant. We wish the same back to you and we look forward to welcoming you back.

yours truly

Perry, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

We went to Franklin, Ky to attend horse racing at Kentucky Downs Racetrack. We spent 3 nights at this hotel and it was the best experience we've ever had with a motel. We travel with two small dogs and the General Manager went out of his way to play with each dog and provided them with Milk Bone biscuits. Everyone on the staff was friendly and went out of their way to be helpful. The person working the front desk was always available at the desk. At many hotels there is never anyone up front. They're either in another room or sitting far away from the counter. I always feel guilty for making them get up to assist me. Not at this hotel! Someone was always available and always asked if there was anything they could do to assist me. You won't find better service anywhere.

The room was generous in size. Even with two beds, we had lots of extra room. We did not use the pool or the hot tub so I can't really comment on them. I did go into the pool area and the pool and hot tub looked very clean. There was no strong chemical odour and the water looked clear and clean.

The room was super clean, especially the bathroom. The grout between the bathroom tiles was white and there was no staining or signs of mold. Bathrooms in humid climates often have signs of mold and I was amazed at the cleanliness of this bathroom.

The breakfast was very good, especially the decaf coffee. Most decaf coffee tastes terrible but their coffee was better than average.

I can't say enough nice things about this place. If you're in the area and need a place to stay, I highly recommend the Holiday Inn Express Hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
FRNKY, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Franklin, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Dear Karen and Richard,

Wow!!!! that is what comes out of my mouth when I read what you have written. I never realized a simple act of playing with your dogs which I thoroughly enjoyed would have such an impact. As I told you at our place we try to take care of every guest like they are family and I am so glad that my staff and I were able to make you, Richard and the boys feel that way.

What you have reciprocated is heart warming and kind and for doing that my staff and I are much obliged. Will you please do me a favor and shoot me an email when you are in my town next time. I would like your boys to be introduced to my boys. My email id is hiexfranklinkygmgr@gmail.com or alternatively please call me 270-586-7626 and it goes without saying that we would love to have you, Richard and the boys back.

Santosh & the staff of Holiday Inn Ex Franklin, Ky.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Location, Location, Location!!! Within a short distance from great restaurants.

I stayed here while filming at the Octagon Hall and due to me filming all night they allowed me a later check out. Wonder management that understands customer service!

• Stayed November 2012
FRNKY, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Franklin, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear Tommy,

Thank you so much for your contribution to TA. We appreciate the time and effort you took out of your busy day to write about your experience at my hotel. It is always good to hear when guests write about their experience but it is a sheer joy when they write & they write something positive.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts, and thank you for staying with us. It will be a delight to have you back.

yours truly

louisville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

We have stayed at this hotel a lot due to my husband's schedule We highly recommend this hotel it's clean the staff is friendly hot tub heated indoor pool great breakfast best coffee ever 30 mins from Nashville excellent stay

• Stayed August 2013
FRNKY, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Franklin, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Dear Naomi,

Thank you for taking your valuable time to write about your stay at my hotel. It is mighty nice of you to do that and we appreciate it very much.

We take a lot of pride and put a lot of work to ensure our guests are 100% satisfied and for you to acknowledge that and put it in writing for others to see is more than what we were expecting.

With your compliments you made mine and the 19 staff members who work here day. Thank you for doing that.

Thank you for choosing us, thank you for your business and we look forward to welcoming you and your family back.

Yours truly

santosh xavier

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Franklin? Share your experiences!