“Awful” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Frankfort

You added Days Inn Frankfort to your Saves list
Days Inn Frankfort
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1051 US 127 South / I-64, Interstate Hwy 64 And US Hwy 127 (Exit 53), Frankfort, KY 40601   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Frankfort
Owensboro
“Awful”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

Dated rooms, very, very,VERY, shady part of town. I felt very unsafe the entire time I was here and had a fee my car would be gone when I woke up. The woman that checked me in was friendly, but my room keys failed to work both nights when I got back and when I went to the desk to fix the problem, two separate men helped me each night and they were both incredibly rude and barely helpful. Overall the worst hotel I've ever stayed at and really makes me not want to stay at a Days Inn anywhere ever again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Chicago, Illinois, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

Rooms 106 & 107 have bed bugs! Rooms were overall filthy! Totally dissatisfied with this hotel.

Room Tip: Even Oscar the Grouch would think its a dump.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Plymouth, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

We arrived around midnight to this hotel which we had reservations for. The clerk was not very friendly to say the least. From the previous poster it seems like this guy should not be in the hospitality industry. The room was very dated and the carpet was buckeled in a couple of spots and looked old and dirty. We were on the 2nd floor of the building in the back and at the top of the landing you could feel the wood was rotted and very week underneath the astro turf/carpet they had over it. It actaully felt like there was already a hole in the wood. It was kind of scary thinking I could break through when going up or down. The nicest thing about the place seemed to be pool. Unfortunately we didn't have our suits and so we couldn't enjoy it. I would NOT go back to this place or recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Nashville, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

A couple of weeks ago I stopped here before midnight on a Saturday. Just wanted to find a clean room in which to lay down my head for the night. I told the desk clerk I'd like a room for the night and he said he wasn't renting any more rooms because he didn't want to deal with people complaining about noise at that hour. First time I've ever had someone refuse to rent me a room. I'm a pretty clean cut person so I don't know why he would think I'd be rowdy. I went down the street to another hotel and the clerk there was happy to rent me a room. She said she had checked in others before who told her they'd been turned away from Days Inn for the same reason. It sounds like this clerk just doesn't want to do his job. I won't bother stopping here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Beattyville, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

I honestly don't understand the negative reviews this motel gets. Seeing negatives posted about this facility gives me pause in believing any of the negative reviews I read elsewhere on this site about other hotels.

After trying out a couple of other hotels in Frankfort, I returned to this one for another overnight business trip.

The only things I would change about Days Inn are to put refrigerators in the rooms, get rid of the low-flow showerheads and increase the water pressure, and maybe install a few more electrical outlets.

If you want a hot breakfast or a sofabed or like spending $100 a night for a room or have to have someplace that is brand-spanking new, then by all means go somewhere else.

But if you want a clean, comfortable, affordable place to spend the night and don't mind that there's no refrigerator in the room, then by all means stay here. It's close to practically everything in town. Walmart and the major shopping center are just down the road, there are all sorts of restaurants nearby, and you can't beat the price.

I have never experienced bedbugs or rude service here and I have probably stayed here at least 10 times over the last few years. Sometimes I think reviewers simply expect too much. I haven't had a bad experience here except once when the toilet ran all night, and they fixed that when I reported it.

Don't believe the negative reviews posted here. I could stay anywhere I wanted in Frankfort when I am there, and I've been here more than anywhere else.

Room Tip: Rates are good. Use any available discounts to get an even better rate.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

Just plain old nasty, filty and musky. Changed rooms but it did not matter. They were all the same. Left and went to another hotel.

• Stayed June 2012
Kansas City, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2012

stayed here on the way home to Indiana, worst thing we could have done, nthis place is horrible, found bed bugs in room, reported to desk clerk, she seemed to be uninterested, however, she didnt hang up phone and i heard someone say, theres not bed bugs here they just want a free room, im appaled, we left never will go there again, the place is dirty and i get the feeling they dont care about the guest, the lady who checked us in had a bad attitude, and was very rude, i travel alot and stay in many hotels, this is the worse place in frankfort. avoid at all cost,

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Been to Days Inn Frankfort? Share your experiences!