“A Rose Among Thorns” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Frankfort
Choctaw, Oklahoma, United States
“A Rose Among Thorns”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

The title should say a lot. The hotel is located conveniently at the edge of a small shopping complex. The good news is you can walk to several locations for food & other conveniences. The bad news is (if any) is the noise level rises due to increased traffic outside the hotel.

As most who have read my previous reviews know, we usually stop for the night; no side trips, as was the case here. We were hungry after an 8 hour drive and an early breakfast. Fortunately, there was a Panera Bread across the parking lot from the entrance to the hotel.

The room smelled and seemed clean which was to be refuted when I stepped into the shower. Once in a room I tend to go barefoot, which was the case here in Frankfort. Well, once in the tub, blackness revealed where my feet once stood! My guess is the carpets require shampooing!

Everything else was to the same excellent standards I expect of a H. I. E.

Room Tip: Hard to say, the west side fronts parking lots of businesses in the mall area, the east side faces t...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
hiexpressfrankfort, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Frankfort, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Thank you for your kind words. The HI Express staff really appreciate the time you took to review and the areas where we can do better.

Jerred Ross

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
travelpro123
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I am normally full of praise for the new Holiday Inn Express hotels. This location in Frankfort is disappointing. The hotel and its rooms and general areas are somewhat dated, the receptionist was not welcoming. Sleep quality was good, you hear a little bit the nearby interstate; however the sounds from the hallway are transmitted “live” through large gaps between the door and the frame into your room. Not pleasant.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
hiexpressfrankfort, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Frankfort, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
I am sorry that your stay did not meet the expectations that we had hoped to set. We are trying refresh the looks of the hotel to provide a more comfortable experience. I do thank you for the input of how we can do a better job.

Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

The friendly service the moment I walked in won me over. Upon checking in, I was greeted with a sign that welcomed Priority Club members with my first name on it. When I got to my room, I received a free bottled water and granola bar. The room was MUCH bigger than I thought it would be and it ended up having a jacuzzi in it when I didn't request it. (Thank you!) The room was very clean and it was quiet on the floor. The free breakfast bar was delicious with fresh and hot biscuits, gravy, waffles, bacon, sausage links, as well as fruit and yogurt and various drink options. I would stay here again for the cleanliness & friendly service. The beds were extremely comfortable and I got a good nights rest. Nearby there are quite a few restaurant options and across the road is Kroger grocery store as well as Walmart on the other side.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
hiexpressfrankfort, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Frankfort, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
I want to thank you for the nice review of our hotel. The staff appreciates the time you took to review us. We will try to keep up the good work.

Marinette
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

we stayed here in March of this year and had a ton of problems with the plumbing in our room. When we complained to the front desk the clerks only response was "oh I'll tell maintenance". We explained that our toilet wouldn't flush, the sink was very slow to drain, and hot water was non existent. We then complained to Holiday Inn express directly and their response was to put it again back on the management of the motel. We were promised a discount on our stay and that was over a month ago.......no refund. Our advise is to keep driving and go to a motel that cares about their clientele and their needs.(like working plumbing!)

Room Tip: drive to another motel!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Frankfort, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Dear 151Kat,

Regards,

Brenda J.
eMedia Coordinator
IHGCare
KY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

I recently stayed at the Holiday Day Inn Express in Frankfort while on business for one night. It had nice decor but the thing I liked most was its cleanliness. It is not a new hotel by any means, but it is very well kept. There were a few broken tiles on the floor in the bathroom and a few scuff marks on the wall but overall great. I just got the standard room since I was only staying one night, but to my surprise there was a nice refrigator and a stainlesss steel microwave in the room. The rooms are not huge, but certainly ample with high ceilings. Good bed and pillows. Bedding was nice. Towels could have been more lush, but did the job. I had a light snack at the free breakfast bar in the morning. Although I did not each much, I noticed there was biscuits, gravy, eggs, pancakes, sausage, bagels, cereal, and the basic morning foods and drinks. I have stayed at another Frankfort hotel before and this one is certainly the better choice. Excellent stay.

Room Tip: The hotel is a little hard to get to. In the front there is this weird parking lot with a arm or gat...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Aurora, IL, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

We were driving from Charleston, SC to Chicago and stopped at Frankfort. It is very easy to find at an exit just north of I-64 in Frankfort. At check-in there was a family in front of me and they were hillbillies without a clue and the father was so rude and obnoxious. The front desk clerk, though, was fantastic, de-fused what could have become a nasty situation -- my compliments to her. We had a wonderful room, very large and very clean. That same desk clerk recommended a nearby Italian restaurant for a dinner delivery, and we enjoyed a really good dinner in our room while watching Notre Dame on television defeat USC (my wife is a huge ND fan). This was a great place to stay, and for breakfast for a change of pace (something different than an H.I. Express) there are two nearby choices: Frisch's and Shoney's. We went to Shoney's, and it was the best breakfast we had had in a long time. But, back to the H.I. Express -- it was a great place to stay overnight!

Room Tip: Book a suite room -- the one we had was very large, including 2 TVs.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Eddyville, KY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

I am currently day one into a two day stay at the Holiday Inn Express, Frankfort. Personal business, and the price was right. The staff, although somewhat robotic, were polite and efficient. Check in took about two minutes (I had reserved online) and I was in my room within ten.

Rooms were fairly clean. A bit of peeling wallpaper here, some slight corner mildew in the tub there. The cleaning staff must have just left Paris Island because the creases on the beds could cut you! Very little dust could be found. The bedside lights was missing one CFL lamp however. Neat and tidy.

When I returned from the end of my work day the room was clean again and new towels placed in the bath. Coffee pot was in room, as well as microwave and fridge. Snacks and ice are available on every floor if you are so inclined. Free breakfast was nice. Bacon, eggs, biscuits, gravy, pancakes--all bad for you--plus cereals, bagels, and juice/coffee. Beat going out at 0630. But very tasty!

This hotel is within easy walking distance to many fine restaurants, which beats out the hotels on the other end of the Interstate. Kind of at the busier exit. There is a pool and work out facility as well.

Only issue I had was at 1230AM Sunday morning when some kind of party broke out in the room above me. It got so bad--it was as if the people above me had a Pogo stick party going--I tried calling the front desk twice. No answer. Rather than go up and flash tin to the offenders, I opted for ear plugs and got a good nights sleep thereafter.

Nice bright parking facility out front. Seems secure.

Still here but so far so good.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Frankfort? Share your experiences!