I have never experienced such poor customer service before in my life. We were placed in a non-smoking room that reeked of smoke. I had an asthma attack within the first 20 minutes we were in the room. When we requested a new room, they put us in a wheelchair accessible room with a shower that was not accessible to those not showing while seated. This room also smelled heavily of mold. Our coworkers also staying in the hotel said their rooms did not smell like mold. We requested a new room once again, and were told that we were out of luck until the morning. The manager was unavailable even by phone. The only solution we were offered was to pay the $130 for a suite, since it was the only room available. We were staying with a group under the government rate, and they would not apply this payment toward the cost of the room. The owner's niece, Jessica, said she was allowed to make decisions because she was “practically the assistant manager.” She said she would do absolutely nothing besides allowing us to pay for the one remaining suite, and even told us that when we made the reservation, we should have said we did not want an accessible room. This is completely absurd by any standards. I offered two practical solutions- putting us in a suite for one night and then into a regular room, and giving us another customer's room if they didn't check in. Jessica and Charles, who works the front desk, were unwilling to work with us to find a solution. We had to call our HR coordinator who booked the rooms to call Charles, after which we were offered the suite after she emailed him so that he could have the request in writing. However, he could not find us this suite that he had previously offered to allow us to pay for. It took another 2 calls from the HR coordinator and an email from her before we were allowed in the new room.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.