“Very nice and friendly staff!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott Cincinnati Airport South / Florence

You added Courtyard by Marriott Cincinnati Airport South / Florence to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Cincinnati Airport South / Florence
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   46 Cavalier Boulevard, Turfway Rd & I-75, Florence, KY 41042-1645   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #14 of 26 Hotels in Florence
Indianapolis, IN
“Very nice and friendly staff!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

Overall, we loved our stay. The front desk staff was very accommodating. The indoor pool was a nice feature but it was very cold. The location is great, near restaurants, malls and easy highway access.

• Stayed May 2013
Ann W, Director of Sales at Courtyard by Marriott Cincinnati Airport South / Florence, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. Our Guest’s needs are important and we take pride in accommodating guest requests. Promoting guest satisfaction is a priority here at our hotel. We normally check the pool from time to time during the day to ensure a comfortable temperature and we apologize that your pool experience was less then expected. Thank you again for taking the time to share your feedback. When you return to the area, we hope you choose to stay here with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Lexington, Kentucky
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

I am a Marriott Gold member so theortically I should get one of the best available rooms which would be a room with a balcony. In additon, I would hope they would put me on the side of the hotel away from I 75. I was in a room which someone had smoked in and was not cleaned. You could smell the smoke. I checked in late so I had no choice but to stay in the room. In addition, I heard traffic from I 75 all night. This has to be in the top 5 for worst Marriott stays in my life and I stay over 50 nights a year in Marriott properties.

Room Tip: Get a room on the side of the hotel away form I75
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Dr. Gary B.

Let me begin by thanking you for being a loyal Gold Member. We appreciate your comments and value your feedback, since these comments are one of the tools to making our guest's experiences what they should be. Our hotel is 100% smoke free but unfortunately, not all guests take that seriously. When we suspect smoking has taken place in a guest room, we take extra care in cleaning that room. In this case, we apologize for our shortcoming. Your business is important to us and we would appreciate any consideration you may give in returning to our hotel. In the future, at the time of making your reservation, asking for a non-highway side room will solve the noise challenge.Since you are an Rewards Member that request would be priority. Again, thank you for your consideration and most of all thank you for being a loyal customer.
Boynton Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Very nice place but a little noisy. Nice amenties, loved the Paul Mitchell products. Pool area was swarmed with kids and had way too much clorine and was very hot. The staff made the few unpleasant things tolerable, they were great.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in front, may be less noisy
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Whitchurch-Stouffville, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Stayed there several years ago and was reluctant to return. Glad I did! Lobby and bar/restaurant refurbished including a new Starbucks in the lobby. Rooms are good not great, a bit dated but nice none the less.
The staff are excellent, I appreciate genuine people far more than the often "plastic" hotel employees. Not sure if it's a southern thing or a KY thing or a Marriott thing but it's a great thing.
Well done airport Marriott.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that does not face the interstate.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
lknapmeyer, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Cincinnati Airport South / Florence, responded to this review, March 17, 2013
Dear Mdlphins,

Thank you so much for your feedback from a recent stay with us. We are so excited that you gave us another chance and were able to enjoy all the changes and upgrades we have made to the hotel. I will definately pass on the nice compliments of the service you received to my staff. Thank you for choosing the Courtyard in Florence KY and we hope to see you again soon!

Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

I highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying for a while or just passing through. The staff was very friendly and went out of their way to make our group feel comfortable. We had a large group of families staying at the hotel and the staff did a great job of setting up breakfast a little early so that our kids could eat before heading out for an early volleyball tournament! The rooms were nicely decorated and the bed was surprisingly comfortable. The only thing I would have preferred would have been a king size bed,

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear vballmom,

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know that you enjoyed your stay with us while here for the volleyball tournament. We are happy that you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms and next time you are here, please ask for a king size bed at time of reservations and hopefully one will be available. My staff and I look forwarding to hosting your Volleyball team again and Thank you for choosing the Courtyard in Florence KY!

Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Very nice functional, clean room stayed for 2 nights had to move for 2nd night due to traffic from interstate keeping us from sleeping much. Evening manager (I think her name was Leslie) was amazing! She should teach a seminar on Customer Service there are lots of hotels that could learn from her.

Room Tip: You must ask for a room away from the interstate or it will be a long night.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
lknapmeyer, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Cincinnati Airport South / Florence, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Dear My3girls545,

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on your recent stqy with us. We are so happy to hear how Leslie was able to accommodate your needs during your stay and how clean the hotel was. I will definately pass on the nice compliments to my team. We are very proud of our newly renovated hotel and we look forward to seeing you again in the future when staying in Florence, KY.

Marengo, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Spacious newly redecorated room was clean, comfortable, and pretty. The pool and hottub very inviting and clean. If you book a room, be sure to ask for the 'non-smoking' AREA- as the smoke from the room next to ours permeated through the wall and we could smell it all night long - and my daughter has asthma, and is pretty sensitive to the smell. Biggest downfall was that breakfast was not included - which I failed to ask when I booked the room - adding cost to the stay.

Room Tip: Make sure to indicate you don't want anywhere near smoking rooms if you are a non-smoker.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
lknapmeyer, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Cincinnati Airport South / Florence, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Dear Heidi S.

We are so excited to hear that you enjoyed our newly renovated hotel. We are very excited about all the changes that we have made to our rooms and all of our public spaces including inside and out. We now have the new Bistro which offers variety of food and beverages including Starbucks. I'm sorry to hear that you were near a room that smelled of smoke, we are 100% smoke free hotel and I am sorry to hear that someone didn't follow the rules of not smoking in a guestroom. We hope you will stay with us again when visiting our area.
Thank you.
Lisa Knapmeyer

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Cincinnati Airport South / Florence? Share your experiences!