Save Saved
You added Courtyard by Marriott Cincinnati Airport South / Florence to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Cincinnati Airport South / Florence
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   46 Cavalier Boulevard, Turfway Rd & I-75, Florence, KY 41042-1645   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #12 of 26 hotels in Florence
Toronto, Canada
“Much improved”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Stayed there several years ago and was reluctant to return. Glad I did! Lobby and bar/restaurant refurbished including a new Starbucks in the lobby. Rooms are good not great, a bit dated but nice none the less.
The staff are excellent, I appreciate genuine people far more than the often "plastic" hotel employees. Not sure if it's a southern thing or a KY thing or a Marriott thing but it's a great thing.
Well done airport Marriott.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that does not face the interstate.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
lknapmeyer, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Cincinnati Airport South / Florence, responded to this review, March 17, 2013
Dear Mdlphins,

Thank you so much for your feedback from a recent stay with us. We are so excited that you gave us another chance and were able to enjoy all the changes and upgrades we have made to the hotel. I will definately pass on the nice compliments of the service you received to my staff. Thank you for choosing the Courtyard in Florence KY and we hope to see you again soon!

75 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

I highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying for a while or just passing through. The staff was very friendly and went out of their way to make our group feel comfortable. We had a large group of families staying at the hotel and the staff did a great job of setting up breakfast a little early so that our kids could eat before heading out for an early volleyball tournament! The rooms were nicely decorated and the bed was surprisingly comfortable. The only thing I would have preferred would have been a king size bed,

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear vballmom,

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know that you enjoyed your stay with us while here for the volleyball tournament. We are happy that you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms and next time you are here, please ask for a king size bed at time of reservations and hopefully one will be available. My staff and I look forwarding to hosting your Volleyball team again and Thank you for choosing the Courtyard in Florence KY!

Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Very nice functional, clean room stayed for 2 nights had to move for 2nd night due to traffic from interstate keeping us from sleeping much. Evening manager (I think her name was Leslie) was amazing! She should teach a seminar on Customer Service there are lots of hotels that could learn from her.

Room Tip: You must ask for a room away from the interstate or it will be a long night.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
lknapmeyer, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Cincinnati Airport South / Florence, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Dear My3girls545,

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on your recent stqy with us. We are so happy to hear how Leslie was able to accommodate your needs during your stay and how clean the hotel was. I will definately pass on the nice compliments to my team. We are very proud of our newly renovated hotel and we look forward to seeing you again in the future when staying in Florence, KY.

Marengo, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Spacious newly redecorated room was clean, comfortable, and pretty. The pool and hottub very inviting and clean. If you book a room, be sure to ask for the 'non-smoking' AREA- as the smoke from the room next to ours permeated through the wall and we could smell it all night long - and my daughter has asthma, and is pretty sensitive to the smell. Biggest downfall was that breakfast was not included - which I failed to ask when I booked the room - adding cost to the stay.

Room Tip: Make sure to indicate you don't want anywhere near smoking rooms if you are a non-smoker.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
lknapmeyer, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Cincinnati Airport South / Florence, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Dear Heidi S.

We are so excited to hear that you enjoyed our newly renovated hotel. We are very excited about all the changes that we have made to our rooms and all of our public spaces including inside and out. We now have the new Bistro which offers variety of food and beverages including Starbucks. I'm sorry to hear that you were near a room that smelled of smoke, we are 100% smoke free hotel and I am sorry to hear that someone didn't follow the rules of not smoking in a guestroom. We hope you will stay with us again when visiting our area.
Thank you.
Clearwater, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

I sometimes stay at this Courtyard. Usually based in cost. The rooms are not the major draw here. The TV's are ancient and the performance shows.Most nights I just keep it off. Trying to be the green hotel, the rooms look dimly lit. It's best if you want a bed, points, and an early start out of CVG.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear ninjadad,

Thank you for your feedback on your stay. It appears you must of stayed with us before our renovations were complete. Since your stay we have renovated every aspect of our hotel from the guestrooms (including new High Definition TV's and channels to new lighting) to the addition of new Bistro restaurant and Bar offering Starbucks. We hope you will stay again with us and see all the changes we have made to the hotel.
Lovettsville, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

Had a 3 day business trip in the Cincinnati area and decided at Florence Courtyard. This Courtyard is undergoing a renovation. I had a first floor room that faced away from the highway, my colleague had a room that faced the highway and at breakfast said he had problems sleeping due to the traffic noise from I-75. He changed rooms the 2nd night away from the highway. The room I had was renovated and very clean and comfortable. Good WiFi in the room and common areas and it was free. The dining room/lounge was being renovated so breakfast was in a meeting room. The breakfast was adequate. Looking at the drawings of the completed lounge/dining area, it looks like it will be a very welcoming area. I would have no issues staying here again should I be in the area.

Room Tip: I would recommend staying in a room that faced away from the interstate highway.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
johnbrobergcy, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Cincinnati Airport South / Florence, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Thank you so very much for choosing our hotel for your business trip. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay in one of our newly renovated rooms. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to having you back once our new Bistro is open! Thank you for your kind comments and please visit us again soon.

Management
Beavercreek, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

What I like about Marriott hotels is you know what to expect. This was the consistent Courtyard motel. Nothing exceptionally special, decently furnished, and clean. Unfortunately, this is located on the side of I-75 next to the Big Lots, Section 8 apartments, and older lower middle class subdivisions. Crime might be an issue. I did note a broke glass door.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Cincinnati Airport South / Florence? Share your experiences!