“Definitely "wowed" by our experience with staff.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Cincinnati - Florence - Turfway Rd.

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Cincinnati - Florence - Turfway Rd. to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Cincinnati - Florence - Turfway Rd.
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7350 Turfway Road, Florence, KY 41042-1355   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #17 of 26 hotels in Florence
Holland, Ohio
“Definitely "wowed" by our experience with staff.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

My family and I were temporarily waylaid by weather on our way from Ohio to Southwest Indiana, and stumbled across this hotel by sheer dumb luck in a snowstorm. Sharon at the front desk went out of her way to assist us to secure a room, even calling in additional staff to help clean a room, helping arrange a complicated corporate billing, and even making sure my family had warm oatmeal and hot chocolate to help thaw us out and fill our hungry bellies. The facility was spartan but clean, and not at all unpleasant. The manager in the morning was equally helpful, and we were able to continue our journey without further incident. Our experience was a breath of fresh air in a world where true "customer service" seems rarer and rarer.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Joe O, Manager at Extended Stay America - Cincinnati - Florence - Turfway Rd., responded to this review, March 30, 2013
It is that personal touch that make a hotel feel like home and Sharon does a wonderful job in providing that kind of service. The "Grab & Go" breakfast you enjoyed was just added a few months ago. Hope you come back soon and thank you again.

34 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

I stayed here a week back in October. I felt the place could have been cleaner, and I wasn't terribly comfortable with people who were "hanging out" in the halls, etc. Appeared to be permanent residents. Also, it seemed every door of this hotel was surrounded by smokers...so, I had to walk thru clouds of cigarette smoke every night when I came home. That said, I thought the room was VERY comfortable...GREAT TV, comfortable reclining chair, bed was decent quality. Loved the little kitchen...I ate in most nights. I'd say this place is surely worth trying!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Joe O, Manager at Extended Stay America - Cincinnati - Florence - Turfway Rd., responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Thank you for your posting. All our rooms have the kitchens and the flat screen TV is a new addition. The hotel just started a "Grab and Go: breakfast. Thank you for your business.
Dayton, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

Great price. Though a bit difficult to get to, they are visible from the main road so you just have to wind around the block for access. There was some road noise from what I assume is I-75. If I were going to be there for a week, I would have asked for a different room location. A room on the side away from the Interstate may have been quieter. The room was clean. WiFi was available. The bed was harder than I prefer but for one night it was sufficient. The sheets were clean but felt "stiff". We didn't have much interaction with the staff other than to check in. We left for the airport before the office opened. Security was good. Ditto on an earlier comment about the hallway carpet being quite stained and/or dirty.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the interstate side of the building.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Joe O, Manager at Extended Stay America - Cincinnati - Florence - Turfway Rd., responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm glad that you found your room clean and a good value. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
cincy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

I've stayed at some Extended Stay Hotels recently that weren't that great but this one was an exception. The check in was easy and the room was clean and comfortable. There was a new flat screen TV in the room and the wireless internet worked OK. No complaints.

I'd like to complement the manager, Dave, for keeping this hotel above average.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Joe O, Manager at Extended Stay America - Cincinnati - Florence - Turfway Rd., responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Thank you for your review. The new flat screen TV are new and were installed just a few months ago. Dave works hard to provide all our guests a GREAT stay. Thanks again.
Vincennes, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

The carpet in the hall way was filthy. Once we got into our room, it was not much better. The carpet was not vacuumed, or dusted. The floor in the kitchen and bathroom were dirty. You could not run the ac above 64, which made the room very cold. We were not told that we would be responsible for the trash being taken out, and that we had to take the dirty towels/washcloths down to the front desk to pick up the clean ones. Unless we were there for a certain number of days. We will not be staying there again, and will not recommend it to anyone.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Joe O, Manager at Extended Stay America - Cincinnati - Florence - Turfway Rd., responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that your stay was not to your expectations. To prevent this from happening again, my team is going to review the check in process so you future guest are aware that we do not clean rooms everyday at check in. Thank you again for providing us with your feedback.
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

This place is an absolute dump. So much so that I felt compelled to warn others.

Spent 1 week here while visiting a parent in a local hospital....the entire week was spent in a stuffy, odorous room with a rock hard mattress and 15 channels. NO wireless net access was available...every guest complained they were unable to connect and in the 7 days I was there nothing was ever done about that (so much for getting work done). The room telephone could not make outgoing calls (once again, reported and nothing serviced) and the bathroom shower fixtures shot water all over the ceiling when used due to loose fittings. The kitchen sink was covered in hard-water stains, the floor wasn't vacuumed and the AC was like listening to a freight train (and had to be run all evening due to the indoor temps).

You definitely get what you pay for at this place.... I suggest couch-surfing or saving up your pennies to stay at a real hotel chain. Avoid like the plague...especially if you're traveling on business.

Room Tip: This is near the expressway, so no rooms are quiet. They do have a "no barking" section...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Cincinnati - Florence - Turfway Rd., responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience at Extended Stay America Cincinnati - Florence. Providing for your total satisfaction, from the moment you arrive to the moment you depart, is my staff's primary duty. Hearing that we failed in your case is truly disheartening, and for that, I offer you my sincerest apology.

We understand that you have many lodging options, so we strive to set ourselves apart from the competition by offering clean, comfortable suites at an affordable price. We know that a comfortable bed is our guest's most valued amenity, which is why we poll our guests on their satisfaction with our bedding. Although our company regularly invests in bedding upgrades, including pillow top mattresses, to respond to customer preferences, we need to keep getting feedback like yours in order to steer us in the right direction. I assure you that my hotel and all Extended Stay Hotels will continue to invest in our guest's comfort.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012 via mobile

Just needed a place to hang that was stress free, bugfree, emotionally not more stress and customer/staff friendly. nice calm atmosphere

• Stayed February 2012
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Cincinnati - Florence - Turfway Rd., responded to this review, March 6, 2012
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Cincinnati - Florence. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

Been to Extended Stay America - Cincinnati - Florence - Turfway Rd.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Cincinnati - Florence - Turfway Rd.

Address: 7350 Turfway Road, Florence, KY 41042-1355
Location: United States > Kentucky > Florence
Ranked #17 of 26 hotels in Florence
Hotel Class:2 star — Extended Stay America - Cincinnati - Florence - Turfway Rd. 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Extended Stay, Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Extended Stay America - Cincinnati - Florence - Turfway Rd. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stay America Florence
Extended Stay Florence
Florence Extended Stay

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Cincinnati - Florence - Turfway Rd., register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.