“Hotel in need of MAJOR RENOVATION!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn & Suites

You added Quality Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Quality Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7915 U.S. Highway 42, Florence, KY 41042 (Formerly Ramada Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #23 of 26 Hotels in Florence
Gahanna, Ohio
“Hotel in need of MAJOR RENOVATION!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

We recently completed a weekend stay to attend the Macy's Music Festival. Despite all the negative reviews, we decided to give this hotel a try because not even 2 weeks ago, we stayed in a Quality Inn in Virginia. There was ABSOLUTELY NO COMPARISON!

BELIEVE what you read in the reviews! The hotel is in need of major renovations. The rooms are filthy, bathrooms molded, stains on both towels and sheets (and where they are supposed to be white sheets, they appear tan). Upon check-in we had to request the sheets to be changed. The sheets that were put on the bed were worse off than the sheets that were on the bed to begin with!!

Our key card did not work! A housekeeping staff saw us trying to access our room. Her advice, "jiggle the card up and down and it should work". Really? We tried it, it worked, but should a guest really have to do that. The access doors are always proped open because according to staff, when the sun shines on the key pad, it prevents it from working. Problem is, the sun was not shining on this part of the building.

Continental breakfast...do NOT even get me started on that!!! I do not think I have EVER been in a hotel that utilized PLASTIC PLATES for breakfast! They even had the audacity to leave the store bought donuts in the original package that they came in!!

We traveled with another couple. Their room was a little better than ours. It appeared cleaner and they even had a microwave. When we went to the front desk to request a microwave in our room, we were told that not all rooms are required to have one. Either you get one or you don't. It's that simple.

I could go on and on but really there is no need. BELIEVE THE REVIEWS and save yourself the frustration!

Signed Room 135

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Louisville, Kentucky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

I booked this room because of a few good online reviews. The room we had was certainly not equal to the positive comments I read. My 3 granddaughters and I stayed here. Teens usually don't care about the state of their surroundings, but we all agreed this was the worst place we could have stayed. The entrance we were directed to was covered with rust, and the exterior security system did not work. Anyone could access rooms in that area. The mat at the entrance was filthy and curled in such a way we had to step over it. We found mold on the ceiling of the bathroom, a mildewed shower curtain, cobwebs in place of bulbs in some light fixtures, corroded bath fittings, dirty floors, grimey air conditioner, molding separating from the wall, and the like. Only two towels were provided. The breakfast was extensive, but we didn't try most of the food. My shoes stuck to the carpet from all the spilled juice. At checkout the staff person apologized when I voiced my displeasure, and she asked us to return. I told her that was not likely to happen. As my 14-year-old granddaughter commented, " 'Quality' should not be part of this hotel's name."

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Brownsburg, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

We stayed at this hotel since it was under the Choice Hotels name. This place was a DUMP! The first room we were in had peeling of the wallpaper, stained sheets, mold in bathroom, holes in carpet and just nasty in general. We moved to another room that was a little better, but not much. We still had the holes in the carpet and mold in the restroom along with a toilet seat that was pretty gross. As a female I refused to even sit on the toilet seat the entire time we were there. The whole hotel just was dirty and very much needed repairs done. You will see places needing painting, broken windows, and vents not secured to the building where the air conditioning units are. I don't think this place has had any money spent on it in about 20 years! I did not want to spend time in this room at all and was very happy when we checked out. My husband also found a large millipede in our bathroom. ICK!

Room Tip: Don't stay here. Find another hotel.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Vine Grove, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

My first visit to this hotel was about 4 months ago. The staff her are amazing and my room has become my 2nd home. The staff go out of their way to make sure everything is perfect. I have not had any issues the entire time. I would recomend this hotel to anyone who comes to visit the florence area. I have been here for 4 months on a weekly basis and would never think about going anywhere else. I am going to miss all the staff when I am done with work. But I will always atop by just to say Hi.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Bowling Green, Kentucky, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

While on the interstate, in the midst of a hail storm we used Hotwire to locate a hotel. We chose the closest 2 1/2 star hotel, which happen to be this one hotel. The hotel was absolutely fithly and in poor repair. Body fluids stains were on three beds in two different rooms, the tubs were gray, spider webs, peeling wallpaper, exposed drywall. It was hideous.

Because I booked through Hotwire, I was obligated to review another room. It was just as bad. I left, without resolving with Hotwire and spent over 45 minutes on hold with them, another 40 to 60 minutes talking about the situation and was told I would be contacted to process my refund. It has been three days and I haven't heard from them.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
clearwater
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012

I felt very comfortable here, the staff was very friendly, and most helpful, the room was clean, and I got a great nights sleep. I was very impressed with the breakfast, I didn't want to leave, I will come back and stay longer the next time.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Corbin, Kentucky
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012 via mobile

Aside from the very convienient location, this hotel is just plain awful.
Stayed one night, which was more than enough time spent in this place.
Hotel is very large, and lobby fairly attractive, but rooms and hallways are dark, dingy, dirty and musty.
We were assigned a room in rear of hotel, and instructed to drive to back parking lot. Parking lot full of holes, tractor trailers and unlit. Felt very unsafe in parking lot. When tried to enter, key card would not open entrance door. Drove back to front desk and informed clerk, who was uninterested. Just stayed parked in front and walked through three long corridors to our room.
Room was not very clean - carpet/ furniture surfaces/ alatm clock, etc.
bathroom ceiling covered in mold above shower. Deadbolt on door difficult to lock.

Breakfast buffet was kind of icky as well - food/ crumbs in floor, on counters, trash cans overflowing.

Stayed here as was convenient to airport, and toughed it out as was only one night- but will never, ever stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!