“Great value, very clean but not non-smoking” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Cincinnati - Florence - Meijer Drive

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Cincinnati - Florence - Meijer Drive to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Cincinnati - Florence - Meijer Drive
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   200 Meijer Drive, Florence, KY 41042 (Formerly Studio Plus Deluxe Studios - Cincinnati - Florence)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #15 of 26 hotels in Florence
Hartford, CT
“Great value, very clean but not non-smoking”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Was in town for a family reunion. We had 3 rooms, my stay was 7 nights, the others were shorter. This hotel is old and in dire need of updates but very clean and the rates were extremely good. The beds were comfortable, the TV was a flatscreen with excellent reception and free internet was the icing on the cake. Loved having a full kitchen! The staff are VERY nice and made me feel at home. Although they told me they were going non-smoking, there are still a few guests that smoke. The lobby and 1st floor wreaked! They tried their best to keep it fresh but as a non-smoker, I picked up on it right away. In spite of that, I never,ever smelled it in my room which was all that mattered anyway. Overall, this was just what I wanted and I would definitely return. Hopefully it will be non-smoking by then. :-)

Room Tip: Stay away from the first floor unless you smoke.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Cincinnati - Florence - Meijer Drive, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
The staff and I read your comments about your stay with us. Thank you for letting us know that you enjoyed the level of cleanliness throughout our hotel and the great value we have to offer! We also appreciate the kind comments about our staff; however, we apologize that the layout of the hotel, with its smoking floor being downstairs, caused you discomfort. To uphold our company's high standards, we will continue to apply our best efforts to maintain the property so it is always fresh and inviting.

We are happy to see that you enjoyed all the room amenities we offer. Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, at CFL@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.

36 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Berea, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

I was traveling to Louisville, Ky from Ohio and on my way back I had to make an emergency stop due to sickness. The man got me checked in super fast and he was very nice and courteous. I was in a nice clean and cool room. Bed was very comfortable, I slept for maybe about 6 hours then got back on the road. The curtains blocked the sun light out very well. I stopped due to a extreme migraine. Thank You Studio Plus, you saved me!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Fort Campbell, Kentucky
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

We have stayed with Extended stay before; in hotels with much more room, and much more clean, then what we came to. The room was horrid. It smelled awful and the mound of pubic hair underneath the toilet made my husband puke. There was "suspect" hair in the bathtub as well as the bathroom sink, sticky stuff on the kitchen floor, and green "crust" stuck to the ceiling.
Yeah, the stay was cheap; but with two small children, the condition of our room was unacceptable.

-The only plus, the staff was AMAZING! They did everything they could to accomodate us; and we are forever grateful.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Joe O, Manager at Extended Stay America - Cincinnati - Florence - Meijer Drive, responded to this review, March 30, 2013
I was happy to see the staff offered to help resolved your issues at the hotel. The housekeeping staff prides themselves on offering clean and comfortable rooms - hope you try us again and see the improvement we will be making on cleanliness.
Campbellsville, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Good price and a conveinient location make this extended stay hotel a good value. They have fully equipped kitchens and the beds were comfortable. The service was better than expected.
I guess the only down side was no breakfast, not even fruit or coffee. I will say they were going to start serving coffee, and may have breakfast items by now.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Joe O, Manager at Extended Stay America - Cincinnati - Florence - Meijer Drive, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Thank you for your review. Value is what we offer and now we have begun offering a Grab and Go Breakfast which has coffee, oatmeal, muffins, breakfast bars and fruit. You can enjoy this the next time you are in Florence!! Thanks again!
Thompson Falls, Montana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

The best people, best value - family away from family. The entire staff will not stop to see that your stay is above and beyond. They believe in "people" and not just business. I honestly cannot understand the "poor" reviews. I honestly think they have the properties mistaken. I have stayed here over the course of THREE years. I have never been disappointed.

Room Tip: See Andrew, Trish, or Michelle at this location.. They believe in PEOPLE and not just "business...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Joe O, Manager at Extended Stay America - Cincinnati - Florence - Meijer Drive, responded to this review, January 20, 2013
Thank you for your review. The staff at the hotel are very happy to see that the service they offered to you during your stay was outstanding. Thank you for your continued business and I will let Andrew, Trisha and Michelle know that you mentioned them in your review.
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Have stayed at Studio Plus a couple of times now, during holiday season, and found the hotel to be very clean, quiet, and well equipped for our needs. The staff was very accomodating to our requests pertaining to room location for our dogs and we were delighted that they were welcome there. We found the rooms to be spacious and well equipped. The vending areas and laundry facilities provided everything we needed, also. The hotel location is ideal for shopping, dining and easily accessible from the highway. Even during the busy holiday season, we had no trouble making a reservation, and found the hotel to be very quiet, even during such a busy time. We look forward to staying there again!!

Room Tip: Busy area is nearest the elevators.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Joe O, Manager at Extended Stay America - Cincinnati - Florence - Meijer Drive, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Thank you for your review. The staff at the hotel strive to provide a Wonderful Stay for all our guests. I was happy to see that our pet friendly policy allowed you to bring your fury friends along for the trip. We look forward to seeing you again in Florence.
Ann Arbor, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

I found this hotel by winning a bid from a third-party. Very tired from interstate travel, I had decided to stop in this city for rest. Upon arrival at the hotel, I walked by what looked like loiterers smoking on the curb at the entrance, but later discovered it to be the person who would check me in who was socializing. I waited several minutes for assistance in the lobby before she finally came in.

When I got my key, I strolled down the hall only to be hit with the stench of what smelled like cat pee. In the room, I recollect that I wasn't wowed at all. The floor was very dirty. The sofa was stained so badly all over that I was afraid to sit on it. When attempting to unleash the sofa bed, to my dismay, I discovered a urine-stained mattress with no sheets on it.

I went down to get extra towels and the attendant went into the laundry room and pulled towels out of the dryer and handed them to me in a stack unfolded. Hoping I would wake up from the nightmare, I returned to my room.

Immediately, I called the third-party booker and tried to get a refund in order to find a different hotel. They ended up calling the hotel front desk and consequently they could not get the attendant to refund because the manager was not in until the next morning to approve a refund.

To the hotel's credit, they were willing to give me another room. As the attendant showed me another room, she went ahead of me and flushed the toilet (God knows what was in it). As she was showing me the mattress on the sofa bed, she started picking debris out of it. She was cleaning behind the cleaning crew. GROSS!!!!

Because of limited options and being exhausted, I sucked it up and stayed there the night. Never again. I felt like I needed to have a HAZMAT decontamination treatment. I feel that there are much better choices if you value professionalism and CLEANLINESS.

Room Tip: The excuse for the uncleanliness was because they just started to upgrade. She said they just upgra...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Cincinnati - Florence - Meijer Drive, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience at our hotel. I know how committed we are to satisfying our guests, which is why it gave me great pleasure to read your kind words about our staff. Given this commitment, it was with great concern that I read the rest of your account. You have my most sincere apologies that your stay wasn't totally enjoyable.

Please understand that we maintain strict quality control standards, which demand that every room is inspected prior to making it available to our guests. Clearly there was a failure in our system during your stay. In response to your comments, I’ve personally met with all of our staff and used your review to demonstrate in which specific areas we can improve.

Been to Extended Stay America - Cincinnati - Florence - Meijer Drive? Share your experiences!