“Wonderful stay!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Cincinnati - Florence - Meijer Drive

You added Extended Stay America - Cincinnati - Florence - Meijer Drive to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Cincinnati - Florence - Meijer Drive
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   200 Meijer Drive, Florence, KY 41042 (Formerly Studio Plus Deluxe Studios - Cincinnati - Florence)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #15 of 26 Hotels in Florence
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Wonderful stay!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Have stayed at Studio Plus a couple of times now, during holiday season, and found the hotel to be very clean, quiet, and well equipped for our needs. The staff was very accomodating to our requests pertaining to room location for our dogs and we were delighted that they were welcome there. We found the rooms to be spacious and well equipped. The vending areas and laundry facilities provided everything we needed, also. The hotel location is ideal for shopping, dining and easily accessible from the highway. Even during the busy holiday season, we had no trouble making a reservation, and found the hotel to be very quiet, even during such a busy time. We look forward to staying there again!!

Room Tip: Busy area is nearest the elevators.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Joe O, Manager at Extended Stay America - Cincinnati - Florence - Meijer Drive, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Thank you for your review. The staff at the hotel strive to provide a Wonderful Stay for all our guests. I was happy to see that our pet friendly policy allowed you to bring your fury friends along for the trip. We look forward to seeing you again in Florence.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Ann Arbor, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

I found this hotel by winning a bid from a third-party. Very tired from interstate travel, I had decided to stop in this city for rest. Upon arrival at the hotel, I walked by what looked like loiterers smoking on the curb at the entrance, but later discovered it to be the person who would check me in who was socializing. I waited several minutes for assistance in the lobby before she finally came in.

When I got my key, I strolled down the hall only to be hit with the stench of what smelled like cat pee. In the room, I recollect that I wasn't wowed at all. The floor was very dirty. The sofa was stained so badly all over that I was afraid to sit on it. When attempting to unleash the sofa bed, to my dismay, I discovered a urine-stained mattress with no sheets on it.

I went down to get extra towels and the attendant went into the laundry room and pulled towels out of the dryer and handed them to me in a stack unfolded. Hoping I would wake up from the nightmare, I returned to my room.

Immediately, I called the third-party booker and tried to get a refund in order to find a different hotel. They ended up calling the hotel front desk and consequently they could not get the attendant to refund because the manager was not in until the next morning to approve a refund.

To the hotel's credit, they were willing to give me another room. As the attendant showed me another room, she went ahead of me and flushed the toilet (God knows what was in it). As she was showing me the mattress on the sofa bed, she started picking debris out of it. She was cleaning behind the cleaning crew. GROSS!!!!

Because of limited options and being exhausted, I sucked it up and stayed there the night. Never again. I felt like I needed to have a HAZMAT decontamination treatment. I feel that there are much better choices if you value professionalism and CLEANLINESS.

Room Tip: The excuse for the uncleanliness was because they just started to upgrade. She said they just upgra...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Cincinnati - Florence - Meijer Drive, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience at our hotel. I know how committed we are to satisfying our guests, which is why it gave me great pleasure to read your kind words about our staff. Given this commitment, it was with great concern that I read the rest of your account. You have my most sincere apologies that your stay wasn't totally enjoyable.

Please understand that we maintain strict quality control standards, which demand that every room is inspected prior to making it available to our guests. Clearly there was a failure in our system during your stay. In response to your comments, I’ve personally met with all of our staff and used your review to demonstrate in which specific areas we can improve.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012 via mobile

Overpriced for the room. It was very unclean. Hair all over the covers. We asked to switch rooms which wasn't a problem but got put in one where the bathroom has soap all over the shower. Hallways filled with hair all over the carpet. Just filthy. I will never stay there again.

• Stayed August 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of our hotel. Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about how our staff helped you in changing rooms. I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory.

Let me apologize again, we wish you had had a better experience when staying with us. Regardless, I hope we that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other brand locations in the future.
Wilmington NC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

Stale smoke in office, halls & all 3 rooms. Condom wrapper on floor only minutes after staff had just "cleaned". Everything had a layer of gross on it. DO NOT STAY HERE, TURN BACK NOW!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
ChristopherTM, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Cincinnati - Florence - Meijer Drive, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Studio Plus Cincinnati - Florence. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

We know that our guests have multiple hotel choices, which is why we strive so hard to accommodate them with clean, comfortable rooms at an exceptional price. In order to meet the needs of our guests, we designate certain rooms for smokers and the rest for non-smokers. Guests who request non-smoking rooms should always be placed in an available non-smoking room. Clearly there was a regrettable error, of which I have made all of our staff aware, during your stay.

Frankfurt, Germany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

The 'young lady' that checked me in, didn't even bother to interrupt her private phone conversation to do that. VERY RUDE!!! I'm sure her boyfriend could have waited a minute or two!!

The room is ok, but not very clean. No way would I sit on the couch. Don't know how old all the crumbs on that piece of furniture where. All in all cleaning is below par! I had to clean the cutlery myself and remove about 2 pounds of crumbs from the toaster. NOT THE CUSTOMERS JOB!!!

As far as I could tell, the sheets on the bed where fresh, the blanket was 'interesting'. I don't understand this american custom of just laying the blanket on top of the sheet. It's slightly disgusting, as I am sure the blanket is not changed along with the sheet.

There is a small ant trail up the wall next to the bed, just 'discovered' that today.

All in all everything was functional. A bunch of stuff was unplugged, probably by a previous resident. Housekeeping should watch for this!!!

Since I do not travel by car, the location was good for me. A huge Meijers is right in front of the hotel. Open 24 hours!!!

All in all, I would prefer not to stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
, Manager at Extended Stay America - Cincinnati - Florence - Meijer Drive, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience at Studio Plus Cincinnati - Florence. Providing for your total satisfaction, from the moment you arrive to the moment you depart, is my staff's primary duty. Hearing that we failed in your case is truly disheartening, and for that, I offer you my sincerest apology.

We understand that you have many lodging options, so we strive to set ourselves apart from the competition by offering clean, comfortable suites at an affordable price. I am very sorry for the room condition you described; it certainly does not meet our cleanliness standards. I will work with the staff to make sure that we improve upon the inspection process, and that we also focus on providing excellent guest service.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2012 via mobile

This place isnt the most upscale hotel out there but it is very nice for the price. I have been there many times, it's the only place I will stay when i am in town. I love the location and the staff have always been very pleasant and welcoming. I havent any big problems, but the small things i have needed were immediately corrected. The suites are clean and everything you need will be in the kitchen. If you need something, let them know and they will work hard to find it for you. That's what i am looking for.

• Stayed January 2012
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Cincinnati - Florence - Meijer Drive, responded to this review, March 8, 2012
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Studio Plus Cincinnati - Florence. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a "home away from home" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

Bowling Green, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2011

Very spacious hotel with kitchen and separate living area. Just off interstate and about 10 minutes from downtown Cincinnati. Lots of resturants and stores nearby. Would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to Extended Stay America - Cincinnati - Florence - Meijer Drive? Share your experiences!