“Kind of a sad place” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Cincinnati - Florence - Meijer Drive

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Cincinnati - Florence - Meijer Drive to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Cincinnati - Florence - Meijer Drive
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   200 Meijer Drive, Florence, KY 41042 (Formerly Studio Plus Deluxe Studios - Cincinnati - Florence)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #16 of 26 hotels in Florence
Frankfurt, Germany
“Kind of a sad place”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

The 'young lady' that checked me in, didn't even bother to interrupt her private phone conversation to do that. VERY RUDE!!! I'm sure her boyfriend could have waited a minute or two!!

The room is ok, but not very clean. No way would I sit on the couch. Don't know how old all the crumbs on that piece of furniture where. All in all cleaning is below par! I had to clean the cutlery myself and remove about 2 pounds of crumbs from the toaster. NOT THE CUSTOMERS JOB!!!

As far as I could tell, the sheets on the bed where fresh, the blanket was 'interesting'. I don't understand this american custom of just laying the blanket on top of the sheet. It's slightly disgusting, as I am sure the blanket is not changed along with the sheet.

There is a small ant trail up the wall next to the bed, just 'discovered' that today.

All in all everything was functional. A bunch of stuff was unplugged, probably by a previous resident. Housekeeping should watch for this!!!

Since I do not travel by car, the location was good for me. A huge Meijers is right in front of the hotel. Open 24 hours!!!

All in all, I would prefer not to stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
, Manager at Extended Stay America - Cincinnati - Florence - Meijer Drive, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience at Studio Plus Cincinnati - Florence. Providing for your total satisfaction, from the moment you arrive to the moment you depart, is my staff's primary duty. Hearing that we failed in your case is truly disheartening, and for that, I offer you my sincerest apology.

We understand that you have many lodging options, so we strive to set ourselves apart from the competition by offering clean, comfortable suites at an affordable price. I am very sorry for the room condition you described; it certainly does not meet our cleanliness standards. I will work with the staff to make sure that we improve upon the inspection process, and that we also focus on providing excellent guest service.

33 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2012 via mobile

This place isnt the most upscale hotel out there but it is very nice for the price. I have been there many times, it's the only place I will stay when i am in town. I love the location and the staff have always been very pleasant and welcoming. I havent any big problems, but the small things i have needed were immediately corrected. The suites are clean and everything you need will be in the kitchen. If you need something, let them know and they will work hard to find it for you. That's what i am looking for.

• Stayed January 2012
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Cincinnati - Florence - Meijer Drive, responded to this review, March 8, 2012
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Studio Plus Cincinnati - Florence. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a "home away from home" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

Bowling Green, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2011

Very spacious hotel with kitchen and separate living area. Just off interstate and about 10 minutes from downtown Cincinnati. Lots of resturants and stores nearby. Would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
usa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2010

It's difficult to find a property to accommodate a family of six in one room, but this extended-stay location did so very well. Two queen beds and a convertible sofa in an overly large room was a welcome sight after a day at the museum. A full kitchen including a microwave and toaster also helped us save money by being able to eat in. There is a full shopping center within walking distance, including Meijer's and Cracker Barrel. The only negative was walking on the first floor to access the elevator - the first floor is the smoking floor, and the 2nd floor (perhaps others too) are non-smoking. A slight disappointment was that there were no roll-away beds for rent. Overall, though, the value could not be beat!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2010

The lady at the front desk was very pleasant and helpful.

The elevator was large enough to accommodate the cart and a man with a bicycle.

The hallway, as stated in other reviews, did have an odour of stale cigarette smoke but as in most hotels that are not strictly non-smoking that happens.

Air conditioning works very well. Although it is hard to find a good temperature.

On going to the bathroom I noticed a pair of shorts hanging on the back of the bathroom door. I thought, perhaps they were my husband's as he used the facilities before I did. They weren't.

We didn't like the layout of the room. So we moved the couch and found that housekeeping probably hadn't done that in quite sometime. There were assorted items under the couch. So we asked for and were promptly given a vacuum.

We were asked if we wanted housekeeping to come and clean the room but we declined opting instead to go to Meijer and purchase cleaning supplies.

We booked the hotel because it promised a workout space, the workout space is a stationary bike and a stair-climbing machine. However, they do have an agreement with a fabulous gym down the street.

My husband likes to cook so the kitchen is a big plus. However, when he pulled a spoon out of the drawer it had dried food on it. Also, we booked the room for four people but there were only enough plates and cutlery for two people. Again another trip to Meijer to purchase plastic utensils, plates, cups and dish detergent.

We slept well in the bed but could not find a comfortable temperature for the room. Our daughter slept on the pull out sofa and had no complaints

The pool was smallish but the children thoroughly enjoyed the ability to go swimming.

The property offers housekeeping once a week but we opted out of that feeling is was just an unnecessary interruption and we obviously did a better job than they would.

Towels were given when we asked for them. However, some of them smelled stale. Not the kind of thing you want to dry your clean body with.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Austin, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2010

Yes, all similar reviews are true - my own fault for not checking beforehand but at least I can add one further testimony. The entire building does reek of cigarettes, including the "non-smoking" rooms (ours even came with an ashtray next to the "Thanks for not smoking" sign)! The dishes were unwashed (the lipstick on a glass was the giveaway). The carpets were disgusting (after my baby crawled around for 5 minutes her knees were black). Find someplace else.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Akron, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2010

My partner and I were just going to Cincinnati for the weekend and didn't want to spend a ton on fancy hotel. We got this on Priceline for $30/night, and it was well worth it. The lobby area wasn't much, and the hallways weren't super clean-looking, but the room was very clean. The kitchen was fully stocked with silverware and dishes, and the room was pretty big.

The only thing I didn't like was the constant smell of stale cigarette smoke that permeated every square inch of the hotel. If you're especially sensitive to cigarette smoke, you'd be wise in choosing a different hotel.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Extended Stay America - Cincinnati - Florence - Meijer Drive? Share your experiences!