“AwEsOmE!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Ohio
“AwEsOmE!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

Never ate at a Famous Dave's ... in fact never heard of it as we are from Ohio. Had the feast for 2 with a little bit of everything served on an aluminum trash can lid (soooo neat!) with plenty of food and wonderful BBQ sauces to use at the table. Wonderful experience and the manager even gave us a bottle of the BBQ sauce to take home with us! Sweet!

Visited November 2013

Gatlinburg, Tennessee
“You can't go wrong any time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

I always order the "garbage can lid" LOL...well it's true... this is a sample order and yes it really is served to you on a galvanized (New) unused Garbage can lid. --Seriously it's great food and worth your time to stop in.

Visited June 2013
Crothersville, Indiana
“Great service, great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

Our server was professional and very good at what she does. The food was very good and the burnt tips were far better than I expected. My only complaint about the restaurant has to do with the building maintenance itself. When entering the restroom area there is a strong sewage odor that isn't noticable in the actual restrooms, however I must've become sensitized to it because I noticed it in the restaurant area for the rest of our meal. We were seated very close to the restrooms so I would request a table far from this area if possible. Otherwise it was a pleasant experience.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Independence, KY
“Service was HORRIBLE”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

Our server complained the whole time about employees that she worked with. She was very snobby and had an attitude. When it came to the end of the meal instead of asking if we wanted dessert she said "You don't want some bread pudding or brownie, do you" WOW What a way to sell the dessert.
Food was good and tasty. Service was bad.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Covington, KY
“Yeah, it's a chain. But I'm sorry I hadn't visited before now.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

Ok, I can be a bit of a snob when it comes to chains. When I travel I tend to avoid them unless it's for something very specific (Denny's for breakfast, for example). I like to try locally-owned restaurants when I travel. Well, I live in this area (been here for 7 years) but had never tried Famous Dave's. I pass it every time I come to this part of Florence to shop. This time I wanted to try something different for lunch. I'm glad I stopped in. The BBQ was delicious. The menu is pretty big and they serve several different styles of BBQ. We each got the lunch platter with 2 meats, a side and cornbread. I had St Louis ribs and Hot Link Sausage. My friend had the sausage and boneless wings. We shared an appetizer of Burnt Ends (comes with some onion fries, pickled onions and a skimpy serving of Famous Dave's great, spicy pickles). The burnt ends were really good. The brisket was tasty and the edges were crispy. But the star of this meal was the sausage. The ribs were really good but the sausage was great. On the table there's a selection of 6 different BBQ sauces. We tried them but they weren't needed for our meal since everything had a tasty sauce on it. Service was friendly and the food arrived in good order. So don't be a chain snob - check out Famous Dave's some time.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere