“Great place to celebrate a family reunion” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 178 Restaurants in Florence
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Pensacola, Florida, United States
“Great place to celebrate a family reunion”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

While my relatives were all getting together we went scouting for a fun and well known restaurant. I found one I was veryl familiar with, Famous Dave's. My husband and I were regulars at the one in Pensacola Florida where we are from, unfortunately we lost our beloved Dave's at that location so I was thrilled to take my family to a place I could be assured of a wonderful meal with very friendly service when I found one in Florence KY. One of the members of our party was from a foreign country and had never experienced barbeque before. He loved it, they all ate like hungry bears. It tasted like the very same great food that I remembered still at reasonable prices. Everybody had something different on the menu and we all shared.We especially loved the spicey pickles. I found that Krogers up there sold them so I bought some and had them shipped home so even if we can't enjoy Dave's in Pensacola anymore at least we can have a taste to remind us of them.

• Visited August 2013

“Famous for what?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

The food here is not great. The meat is smoked to the point of being inedible. My son's beef brisket tasted like beef jerky. It was awful!

Visited May 2013
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

Very good, great server, manager gave us some free sauce because it was our first time here. Highly recommend.

• Visited July 2013
“Some real good BBQ.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

Visited Famous Daves and was not disappointed, when early in the day and there wasn't much of a crowd. My waiter was awesome and really paid attention to the service. Went with the traditional pulled pork, savory and juicy. Also I recommend the "Devil's Spit" BBQ Sauce.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Fort Mitchell, Kentucky
“Yum”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

Catfish fingers, smoked salmon and the bread pudding is an experience you wont forget !
If you order the bread pudding for dessert. Order it when your half way threw your entree. It takes bout 15 or so but well worth it and you will need someone to help you finish it !

• Visited April 2013