“Room Location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 26 hotels in Florence
livonia
“Room Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

I was given a room by the stairs and I should have requested a change but it was too late. I was tired and ready for bed when I started to hear steps and voices from the stairs when someone is using it going up and down the stairs. Very thin wall and voice is very clear. Avoid this room location. Other than that service and room are very good. Breakfast has a good variety. Will come back to the hotel again but request room away from the stairs and maybe elevator.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Lisa E, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Cincinnati/Airport South, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide comments regarding your experience at the Hampton Inn Cincinnati Airport South. We appreciate that you, like many of our other guests, are pleased with the variety and quality of our complimentary hot breakfast buffet. We apologize that you could hear other guests during your stay. If your travels bring you back to the Northern Kentucky area, we would love to host you again and would ensure you a room in a different location. Thanks again for your kind words regarding our staff and rooms!

149 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Had a one night stay at this hotel and I was not impressed. It is in a very convenient location if you need to be by the airport. Just off the freeway and located next to a lot of restaurants and shopping centers, Target, Walmart, etc.

While it looks like its been renovated fairly recently, it seems mostly superficial or cosmetic. Looking at the doors, locks, paint, etc. You can see the underlyings of a very old hotel.

Upon check in I called and asked for some extra sheets and towels and was told that they do not have Housekeeping at the hotel or at least not full time. I was told someone would bring it up in a few minutes. I was on my way out but decided to wait until they came. Some time went by and no one showed up. I had to call back and request that they just leave it in the room as I was now running late.

When I got back to my room, which was very late, past midnight, I found some problems with my room. The mini blinds were old, and looked like they either had a heavy layer of dust or some sort of grime. I also found the stopper in my sink was broken and water wouldnt drain properly. I was only going to be there until morning so I didnt bother to call and switch rooms.

Breakfast downstairs seemed below standard Hampton Inn fare. The eggs offered were extremely dry. I know all Hampton Inns use some sort of powdered egg, but these were completely not edible. The sausage patties was also really greasy and the fruit had a strange consistency. They didnt seem to have many options.

The fitness room is nicely equipped with 2 treadmills an elliptical and a bike as well as free weights and a balance ball.

Also, one thing I found strange was that the doors to the rooms, at least mine, do not shut behind you automatically. It drags on the carpet and get stuck wide open unless you make sure to pull it close. This can be problematic if youre a frequent traveller and are used to the door closing automatically. While my guess is that this is to decrease noise of doors slamming, I personally found this a little unsafe.

One of the reasons I love the Hampton Inn is that they generally are about their guests and will try to fix problems with their guarantee. Upon check out I was not asked how my stay was or if there were any problems. I didnt see the standard guarantee plaque that all other Hamptons have, so wasnt sure if they offer the same so I didnt bother saying anything. Perhaps Ill call the corporate office to let them know of the problems. I can only give this hotel a limited recommendation. Its convenient and good for a one night stay if youre not going to be in your room much but Id say only worth it if your rate is less than 80/night.

• Stayed February 2013
Lisa E, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Cincinnati/Airport South, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to provide this constructive feedback. The Hampton Inn Cincinnati Airport South does take all guest comments very seriously, and it is clear that your stay did not meet the expectations you had for the Hampton Inn brand. We apologize that you did not receive service in a timely manner and that you did not find quality in our breakfast selection. We appreciate that you recognized our recent upgrades to our Fitness Center and convenient location to various restaurants and stores. However, we failed to provide an exemplary guest experience. We would like to offer you a 100% guarantee if you could please contact us directly so that we can further address your concerns and obtain your specific stay information.
Morgantown, Indiana, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

We have not even stayed at this hotel, but already the service has been outstanding! Jeff was the one to answer my call when I was looking for a deal on a Perfect North Slopes weekend. He went above and beyond to make sure we had exactly what we needed and had a great personality! A few days later when I realized our route was going to cause us to go an hour out of our way to go to the hotel first (to get our tickets), Jeff again was the one to bend over backwards to ensure this didn't happen! Not once did I feel like he was bothered by my request(s), it is truly refreshing to know that great customer service exists! Thank You Jeff!! You Rock!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Lisa E, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Cincinnati/Airport South, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Thank you so much for your compliments and recognizing that excellent customer service should start the moment you contact a hotel! Our Perfect North ticket and room packages are quite popular, and we are thrilled that our Front Desk staff took such wonderful care of you before and during your visit! We want all of our guests to be able to relax and enjoy themselves during their leisure stays. Our Front Desk staff is always eager to go above and beyond to help our guests have a pleasant experience in the area. We hope to see you again soon!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed in this hotel in the past, but this time was my best experience! I was on town visiting family, so I decided to stay here again. Hampton's are always reliable. Well, I must say I LOVE the new lobby (renovations)! At first I thought maybe it wasn't the right hotel. The staff is exceptional. Jordan rocks! A++ The accommodations were great. Breakfast was awesome (hot foods...not just a buffet), and the friendly staff really made me feel welcome. I will definitely recommend thus hotel to all friends and family that plan on travelling to the area, and I will definitely be back for future stays!

• Stayed December 2012
Carol C, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Cincinnati/Airport South, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
On behalf of the staff, we thank you so very much for your compliments regarding the service you received at our hotel. We want all of our guests to feel special and welcome, and we are grateful you noticed how much our staff appreciated you as a guest! Our hot breakfast items are always popular with our guests, and we are thrilled that you loved our recent lobby renovations. We do hope you visit us again soon!
St. Catharines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

The room was good The bed and pillows were very comfortable The hot water never got really hot like i like it

When entering by the back doors there was a strange smell by the elevator doors

The breakfast was excellent with scrambled eggs with cheese and ham they had bacon
breads begals and sweet rolls cereals etc

Fronts decks was very helpful

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Carol C, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Cincinnati/Airport South, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at the Hampton Inn Cincinnati Airport South. We always appreciate hearing from our guests. We apologize that the hot water was not to your satisfaction and that you experienced an odor by the elevators. We want our guest experience to be superior on all levels. We are thrilled that you were happy with the comfort of your bed, our wide breakfast menu selection, and with the courtesy of our staff members. We hope you choose to stay with us again soon!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012 via mobile

Stayed at the Hampton for work recently. Hotel is in a great location with tons of food choices close by. Staff is very friendly and was quick to help with getting us transportation to the airport. Rooms are very clean and updated with a good amount of space to stretch out. Fitness center leaves something to be desired, but was told its being remodeled in January. Breakfast is pretty good for being free. Will stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012
Carol C, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Cincinnati/Airport South, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide such positive feedback regarding your recent stay at the Hampton Inn Cincinnati Airport South! We genuinely value your comments, and appreciate the compliments. We look forward to further improving guest satisfaction with our newly renovated fitness room, planned for January. We hope you are able to visit us again soon to see the improvements!
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

Overall the hallways were nice and beds were clean but the bathroom was gross. The tub was dirty, i didnt let anyone use it: the sink was dirty and didnt drain. The noise through the walls almost did us in. We love hampton inns but this one is off our list!

• Stayed December 2012
Carol C, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Cincinnati/Airport South, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Thank you for the feedback from your stay with us. We're so sorry you were uncomfortable with the cleanliness of the bathroom and we feel fortunate that you let us know. This is not acceptable to us either, and we would appreciate the opportunity to look into why this room was considered rentable in our system, as well as research who may need additional training.

We will discuss this with our executive housekeeper today. May we ask what your room number was when you stayed with us?

Please don't rule us out. When we have issues shared by guests we deal with it immediately.

Thank you again for letting us know.

Been to Hampton Inn Cincinnati/Airport South? Share your experiences!