“Value” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Florence

You added Days Inn Florence to your Saves list
Days Inn Florence
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   50 Cavalier Blvd, Florence, KY 41042 (Formerly Rodeway Inn Florence)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #13 of 26 Hotels in Florence

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Traveled for a baseball tournament with my family this previous weekend. For the $55-$70 range don't be expecting the room to be like the Marriott ($110+), however, the room was fabulous for my two night stay. The beds were comfortable. Pool was well maintained for the kids.The general manager, Ricky, personally checked me in and was very helpful to find restaurants in the area. Overall, this was a great hotel for budget conscious families.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Ricky N, General Manager at Days Inn Florence, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear Guest,

We are pleased that you chose us for your stay and found your stay to be very comfortable and pleasant. We are very proud of our cleanliness and warm and friendly services. Thank you for recognizing our staff's attitude and efforts. I will share your thoughts with our staff.

While we offer a lower price point then other upscale hotels, we still always promise five star services. We appreciate that you have recognized our efforts and look forward to hosting your future travels needs in the Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky area.

Philippi, West Virginia, Usa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

This motel is $20 cheaper than the hotels where I usually stay. The reviews on Trip Advisor, though, were so good that I figured it was just a hidden gem. It wasn't. The sheets were clean, and there were 3 nice pillows for each bed. The air conditioning worked well. There was a fridge and a microwave, and a coffee maker, but you had to unplug all of them to plug your computer in at the desk. Of course you won't need to, because the wi-fi is too weak even 500 feet from the office to get a usable signal.

Housekeeping must've been busy the day we checked in because only the traffic areas had been vaccuumed, leaving lots of previous guests' debris on the floor. That same cleaning methodology was applied to the shower because there were several former guests' hairs in the bath.

This is an older property and I'm okay with that. But I want a clean and well-maintained room, a friendly staff, and wi-fi that works. That's not what I found at the Days Inn Florence. There are many hotels at this exit. If you've got the extra $20, I highly suggest you stay elsewhere.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. We are glad that you found our beds very comfortable, clean rooms and staff to be friendly.

We appreciate your feedback and we continue to use it to maintain/improve our property and improve our services. I recall speaking to you upon the check out process to discuss some of these improvements you have mentioned in your review. I apologize that you did not receive the same excellent service as other Trip Advisor guests have mentioned, and with your comments we have taken action to enhance our housekeeping quality assurance. Additionally, as of July 2, 2013 we have invested in a 100% internet hardware update. This update will allow for all guests to experience a true high speed access. We hope that with these additions we will have the pleasure of hosting your future travel needs.

Ferndale, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I had mistakenly booked through the shady online booking site easytobook.com, which proceeded to book a different date than the one I wanted, something I noticed after the payment and confirmation. I explained this to the asst. manager, Ravi, when I arrived at the hotel, and he and his colleague were very friendly and helpful. Easytobook.com wouldn't allow me to cancel online, and their customer service office was closed so there was no one to speak to at 7:00 p.m. (!?!) but Ravi offered to speak to them the next morning when their customer service reopened to straighten out the situation and get me a refund. In the end, everything worked out. Definitely recommend this place if you're in the Cincinnati area and need a nice, affordable place to stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Ricky N, General Manager at Days Inn Florence, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
We sincerely appreciate your kind comments, as our guest feedback is very important to us. We were very pleased to read how much you enjoyed your stay and that our staff was hospitable in taking care of your reservation issues. I will share your comments with the entire staff as they are truly appreciated. Feedback from our guests is always welcome as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services each day and to provide our guest with a wonderful hospitality experience.

Thank you again staying with us and it is our hope that your travels will bring you back to the Days Inn Florence in the near future.

Loganville
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Was not here long enough to give a thorough review, but the staff was nice. Our flight was about 3 hours late and we did not arrive until about 2:30 am. Had to burn cab fare to get there because the rental car company had closed at midnight. I think it was the head maintenance man, but he was nice enough to give me a ride to the rental car lot to pick up a car the next morning. What I did see of the hotel was the bathroom was extremely small, barely enough room to close the door behind you. But, they get an "A" for customer service.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us at the Days Inn Florence and taking the time to write a review. We are pleased to hear that you found our hotel staff to be courteous and hospitable. We take pride in our service to ensure each guest has an excellent experience.

Thank you again for choosing the Days Inn Florence and we look forward to see you soon for your future travel needs.

Cumming, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Stayed here 6-6-13 to 6-11-13. Finally after arriving after a horrible day of traveling, the check-in was fast (thank you Ricky & for the directions too!). The 1st room that I was given, I literally had to kick the door open so that was not going to work for me. I promptly went downstairs, the other gentleman on duty came up to the room with me. He even had a problem with the door. I was then moved to another room with no problem. The room was nice, clean & the carpet seemed fairly new. The grounds were nicely kept & the pool was very clean each day. From what I could tell they are making improvements. Staff is extremely friendly & helpful. Bed & pillows were comfy; water pressure & temp was great. The only issue I had was the person who was above me (on 3rd floor) walked very, very heavy. Because of where my room was, the outside noise level was low...didn't hear much. The rate is good. I would definitely stay there again.

Ramona R

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Ricky N, General Manager at Days Inn Florence, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to post your comments after your recent stay at the Days Inn Florence. We sincerely appreciate your kind comments, and were very pleased to read that you enjoyed the comfortable rooms, complimentary breakfast and Internet, and found the location perfectly suited your needs.

We hope to be your hotel of choice in the Florence area for your future travels.

speedway, IN
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

We stayed 3 nights. The deadbolt on the room door would not lock. The holes did not even match up. The bedspread and blanket had holes in them. The blanket was harsh and scratchy like an old army blanket. Continental breakfast area not kept clean, we had to clean our own table the morning we ate there. Pool was ice cold. The room was so cramped. There was an easy chair with an ottoman right behind the door. We could not get the door open very far without moving the ottoman every time, which put it in the way of the bed. The desk chair was broken and they had shoved a piece of PVC pipe in the bottom to keep it from sinking to the floor. Of course, then it would not roll. You could not use an electrical plug at the desk without unplugging the microwave or refrigerator. Same with the lamp on the desk. Wifi had some kind of time limit and would time out about every 20 minutes. I lost an entire homework assignment for college because of it. Will pay a little more to stay at the Courtyard next door next time.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Let me take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to post a review after your recent stay at our Days Inn located in Florence, KY. On the behalf of Days Inn staff, I would like to apologize for not enjoying the same service as our other Trip Advisor Guests.

I would like to address the variable quality of service you experienced. Our pool is outdoors and the water temperature can only controlled according to weather conditions. During your weekend stay there was a high volume of guests that our Guest Service Agents were serving in the breakfast room and we apologize for not having open tables ready. I have addressed this to the staff of prompt sanitation for the equal opportunity to all guests experiencing our wonderful DayBreak Breakfast. The shortages of electrical outlets in the room are mandated by the Fire Department of Public Safety for all of our guests causing the inconvenient in your specific room. We have contacted our wireless internet providers and have fixed the limited wireless signal you encountered.

Overall, I hope you felt the value in staying at the Days Inn Florence with our competitive room rates, clean rooms, and hospitable service. If you are passing through the area again we would appreciate a second opportunity to host your family for your future travels.

Ricky N.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Florence
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Florence/Cincinnati Airport
Holiday Inn Florence
Holiday Inn Florence
#11 of 26 in Florence
4.0 of 5 stars 72 reviews
Value Place Cincinnati OH (Florence)

Been to Days Inn Florence? Share your experiences!