“Passing Through” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Florence

Save Saved
You added Days Inn Florence to your Saves list
Days Inn Florence
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   50 Cavalier Blvd, Florence, KY 41042 (Formerly Rodeway Inn Florence)   |
Ranked #13 of 26 hotels in Florence

309 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Round Rock
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

This is the 3rd time I've stayed here. The rooms are neat, clean & quiet. The TV is good but the TV listing in the room was quite inaccurate (channels were not where they were listed). Didn't particularly like the single serving coffee pot. What do you do if there are more than one person in the room?

This Days Inn is easy to find if you are traveling North on I71/I75 (Exit 182) but it is impossible to find if traveling South on I71/I75. I had to call the Inn and get directions this time because it was no where near the exit. This is not Days Inn fault but is an issue for the traveler trying to find the Inn.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Plano, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

I just returned from a week stay at the Days Inn, Florence, Ky. This is my 3rd stay at this hotel and I will stay there again when I am back in Florence. Nice clean rooms, very pleasant and helpful staff. Convenient location.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Buckeye, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

Nice, inexpensive hotel right off highway 75. Easy access to Cincinnati and CVG airport.
Clean, efficient. No frills but a good value.
Breakfast was typical, juice/coffee, waffles, cereal, fruit and rolls.

Room Tip: Take the Turfroad exit and loop back over highway. First R after you go under the highway
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Bangkok, Thailand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

We stayed in two rooms for two nights while in the area to catch Reds' games. Can't realy complain about anything. The rooms were clean; staff were friendly and professional; price was reasonable; location relative to the ballpark was convenient. Only minor issues were the somewhat confusing access roads and the breakfast, which was pretty spartan (but can't expect a gormet brunch for this price).

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Evansville, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

I am NOT happy about our stay at the Days Inn Florence this past weekend. The first room(133) was not clean and the mattress was filled with bedbug larva/eggs. After trying to change the sheets and wanting us to stay in this same room I refused. We got moved to the 3rd floor where it was clean and free of bugs BUT there was no fridge or microwave. We asked for one immediately as we were in town for the Reds game and wanted to take cold drinks to the games all weekend. I used the toilet and it didn't flush right. We had the problem with the toilet all weekend and had to call maintenance twice for them to come fix it. We did not receive a fridge until almost 24 hours after we checked in and asked for it. We NEVER received a microwave. We then returned home from the night game and when we sat on the bed it tipped and we almost landed on the floor. When I spoke to the frontdesk they wanted us to move rooms again and wanted to put us in 2double beds instead of a king and a smoking room. I am highly allergic to smoke. I paid for a king bed. And on my receipt it even has there was suppose to be a fridge and microwave. at 1:30am after driving 5 hours to get to you and then go to a game the last thing you want to do is switch rooms and for the 2nd time AND knowing the problem of our first room we didn't want to have to check the 3rd room like we did the one we were staying in. So, we just dealt with the bed all weekend because the maintenance people were too "busy" to handle the bed situation. In this 3rd floor room the a/c unit fan is making a horrible noise so I had to go to a nearby store and purchase a fan that would drown out the annoying noise of the unit. When checking out I was asked "how was your stay?". I proceeded to tell the frontdesk it was the worst experience ever and the reasons why. He didn't even seem to care and followed my response with a "sorry to hear that mam" -- that's the answer I received all weekend with EVERY problem I had. That answer DOES NOT fix ANY of the problems. Not even a discount offer for all the MESS UPS! Don't say you are sorry if you are not willing to fix the issues. And don't ask how the stay was if you really don't care. I am beyond disappointed in this experience causing me to think long and hard if we EVER come back to the area again and spend the night. This disappoints me as well. We have made numerous trips to Cincinnati this summer alone and stayed. We will NO longer be staying at this hotel OR any Days Inn for that matter.

Room Tip: check everything especially mattresses and If you choose to stay get a 3rd floor room if possible
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Atlanta GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012 via mobile

I was traveling alone on a long road trip and I needed a room about midnight. I walked in and got a ground floor king single non-smoking room right away. The room was small, but fine for one or two people. It was newly redecorated, with new carpet, furniture and paint. VERY comfortable bed with five pillows! Not the most luxurious towels, but they were bright white and newer. The room had a small coffee maker, mini-fridge, microwave and iron and board. The tv was analog style, but good cable channel offerings. The room was very clean, absolutely NO smell of smoke, slightly too-strong air freshener that smelled like Ivory soap, and a good strong AC. I could hear highway noise, but it was mild and didn't bother me. Cons: the bathroom had not been updated, and it showed; and the wi-fi was very weak, even though my room was close to the lobby. In the bathroom, everything was clean and working reasonably well, they were just dated and run-down. The tub's porcelain was chipping around the drain, and the cultured marble sink had been DIY refinished with a granite-look kit, and it was terrible. But these things had no effect on my comfort or convenience, so I cannot complain. I was a little more annoyed by the poor wi-fi signal, but for a single night's stay, I wasn't going to fuss about it. I did not visit the breakfast, so I can't comment on that. I also did not swim in the pool, but it looked clean and pleasant.

Overall I was quite pleased with my short stay and recommend this hotel. The Cincinnati-area hotel market is surprisingly expensive, making this hotel an especially good bargain.

Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Been to Days Inn Florence? Share your experiences!