“WORST EXPERIENCE EVER” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Florence

You added Days Inn Florence to your Saves list
Days Inn Florence
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   50 Cavalier Blvd, Florence, KY 41042 (Formerly Rodeway Inn Florence)   |
Ranked #13 of 26 Hotels in Florence
Evansville, Indiana
“WORST EXPERIENCE EVER”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

I am NOT happy about our stay at the Days Inn Florence this past weekend. The first room(133) was not clean and the mattress was filled with bedbug larva/eggs. After trying to change the sheets and wanting us to stay in this same room I refused. We got moved to the 3rd floor where it was clean and free of bugs BUT there was no fridge or microwave. We asked for one immediately as we were in town for the Reds game and wanted to take cold drinks to the games all weekend. I used the toilet and it didn't flush right. We had the problem with the toilet all weekend and had to call maintenance twice for them to come fix it. We did not receive a fridge until almost 24 hours after we checked in and asked for it. We NEVER received a microwave. We then returned home from the night game and when we sat on the bed it tipped and we almost landed on the floor. When I spoke to the frontdesk they wanted us to move rooms again and wanted to put us in 2double beds instead of a king and a smoking room. I am highly allergic to smoke. I paid for a king bed. And on my receipt it even has there was suppose to be a fridge and microwave. at 1:30am after driving 5 hours to get to you and then go to a game the last thing you want to do is switch rooms and for the 2nd time AND knowing the problem of our first room we didn't want to have to check the 3rd room like we did the one we were staying in. So, we just dealt with the bed all weekend because the maintenance people were too "busy" to handle the bed situation. In this 3rd floor room the a/c unit fan is making a horrible noise so I had to go to a nearby store and purchase a fan that would drown out the annoying noise of the unit. When checking out I was asked "how was your stay?". I proceeded to tell the frontdesk it was the worst experience ever and the reasons why. He didn't even seem to care and followed my response with a "sorry to hear that mam" -- that's the answer I received all weekend with EVERY problem I had. That answer DOES NOT fix ANY of the problems. Not even a discount offer for all the MESS UPS! Don't say you are sorry if you are not willing to fix the issues. And don't ask how the stay was if you really don't care. I am beyond disappointed in this experience causing me to think long and hard if we EVER come back to the area again and spend the night. This disappoints me as well. We have made numerous trips to Cincinnati this summer alone and stayed. We will NO longer be staying at this hotel OR any Days Inn for that matter.

Room Tip: check everything especially mattresses and If you choose to stay get a 3rd floor room if possible
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Atlanta GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012 via mobile

I was traveling alone on a long road trip and I needed a room about midnight. I walked in and got a ground floor king single non-smoking room right away. The room was small, but fine for one or two people. It was newly redecorated, with new carpet, furniture and paint. VERY comfortable bed with five pillows! Not the most luxurious towels, but they were bright white and newer. The room had a small coffee maker, mini-fridge, microwave and iron and board. The tv was analog style, but good cable channel offerings. The room was very clean, absolutely NO smell of smoke, slightly too-strong air freshener that smelled like Ivory soap, and a good strong AC. I could hear highway noise, but it was mild and didn't bother me. Cons: the bathroom had not been updated, and it showed; and the wi-fi was very weak, even though my room was close to the lobby. In the bathroom, everything was clean and working reasonably well, they were just dated and run-down. The tub's porcelain was chipping around the drain, and the cultured marble sink had been DIY refinished with a granite-look kit, and it was terrible. But these things had no effect on my comfort or convenience, so I cannot complain. I was a little more annoyed by the poor wi-fi signal, but for a single night's stay, I wasn't going to fuss about it. I did not visit the breakfast, so I can't comment on that. I also did not swim in the pool, but it looked clean and pleasant.

Overall I was quite pleased with my short stay and recommend this hotel. The Cincinnati-area hotel market is surprisingly expensive, making this hotel an especially good bargain.

Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
lexington KY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

We only spent one night here- but it was not the most pleasant experience. The bathroom was very small- but ok. THe main annoyance was the a/c unit... it started rattling in the middle of the night- and nothing we could do would make it stop.. We finally got up at 4 am- and came home-it was so bad!! I would have said something to the front desk- but the sign on the lobby door indicated they were sold out-when we checked in- so it would have not helped to try for another room- Dear Days INN- inspect your environmental units and make sure they are quieter please!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Steven C, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Florence, responded to this review, August 19, 2012
Thank you for staying at Day's Inn, Florence Ky. I am sorry that your stay was not the best we could provide. As you stated, we where sold out, and have been for many days before. The weather in the few weeks before your stay was verry hot. Thus the A/C units have been running 24 hours a day. We have since been checking all units to make sure all are in working order. I hope we can have the chance to provide you a better night
Steven
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is a diamond in the rough. Great value, very clean and great service! The ONLY negative comment we have is the location but once you figure out the roads (which is easy), it's a quick find! You won't be disappointed!

• Stayed August 2012
Twinsburg, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

This hotel was surprisingly clean and nice. We were a bit nervous since the price was low and the reviews (a few years old) were not so good. This hotel must have been recently renovated as it was a pleasant surprise. The rooms were spotless and just what we needed. The desk staff was helpful. The pool was nice and clean. The breakfast was good. We booked 3 rooms and not one of us had a complaint. I highly recommend staying here!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Springfield, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

Great price! We rolled in late - 2 am - so we didn't want to pay a lot and were just looking for a place to lay our heads. Pleasant surprise. Room we had was in a corner, so it was a little small, but it had a nice king-size bed, was very clean, and the rates were great - exactly what we needed! Would stay there again!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

The check in was fast and the staff very friendly. The rooms were spacious and the bed was comfortable. The room and hotel was clean. The pool was small, but clean and refreshing. Towels are provided for the pool area also. The hotel is conveniently located off of the interstate and there are many restaurants and shopping surrounding the area. We enjoyed our stay at this affordable location.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Days Inn Florence? Share your experiences!