“Have stayed here many times” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Baymont Inn & Suites Florence/Cincinnati South

You added Baymont Inn & Suites Florence/Cincinnati South to your Saves list
Baymont Inn & Suites Florence/Cincinnati South
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   30 Cavalier Court, I-75 exit 182, Florence, KY 41042-1645 (Formerly Clarion Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #16 of 26 Hotels in Florence
Martinsville, Indiana
“Have stayed here many times”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

Have stayed here many times over the past couple of years and even suggested to many friends and family. Have always gotten a suite, which consists of two rooms that were gutted and made into one large room. Have always been impressed with these rooms and the cleanliness. One side has either two beds or 1 king with a large walk in closet and the other side has a couch, table, desk, chair and bathroom. Very spacious. We usually get a non-smoking room, however this time, it was Memorial Day weekend and there was only one double suite available and it was smoking (Room 211). It was not very clean, there was hair on the floor and the bathroom was dated. A bar of soap was left on top of the shower stall and the bathub had dark scum in it, as if hard water deposits hadn't been cleaned frequent enough. There was no plug for the bathtub, not that I would have used it anyway, it was hard just taking a shower in it, knowing it wasn't MY personal scum. The TV in the bedroom would randomly come on it the middle of the night, must have been set to an alarm. Our thinking is almost that someone actually lived in the room and vacated just so they could book the room for the holiday weekend. Breakfast was so-so. We were told that we would have sausage and eggs, biscuits, gravy, etc. But the biscuits looked old and the gravy picked over, no sausage and only boiled eggs in a fridge. Were told by staff, who was dressed in a tank top and ripped jeans that those breakfast items are only available through the week and not on weekends. Sean, upon check-in was absolutely terrific but the rest of the staff needed some work on professionalism. The pool was open and clean. Memorial Day itself allowed us the pool all to ourselves. The hotel is close to restaurants and the Florence Mall. We will return, not because of this last visit, which is an exception, but because of previous visits, one of which was just Feburary 2012. Already have plans to make a couple of other trips in June. I also don't usually sleep in hotels, but this hotel is the exception to that. I always sleep here. The beds are good and comfortable. There are many pillows, not just one flat one.

Room Tip: Get a suite! Haven't stayed in the standard room. But the suites are generally great.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Zionsville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

Room was clean, no smelly smells. If you don't like highway noise request a room on the opposite side. Our friends in an other room had flames coming out of the air conditioner but ours worked fine. Front desk evening & morning clerks leaved a lot to be desired in the friendly dept but maybe the 2 gals were having a bad day or they don't like their jobs. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Request a room on the opposite side of the highway, bring your own quarters if you need the laundry...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Buffalo Grove, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2012

Yes, a 70's cliche, but this is a 70's era hotel that has gone downhill fast since I last stayed here in November 2011. This time, I paid cash, not points, and was put in a dirty room, not a suite. First the good part: After initially being put in room 102, which had a sticky bathroom floor with dirty boot prints on it, no refrigerator, and a small, old, TV with the batteries taped in the remote, we were moved to a slightly better place. This second one was nominally clean, the beds were comfortable, and there was a working Refrigerator/Microwave. The bad: the rooms are dreary, having gone long past their "expiration date". Furniture and carpets seem as if they are the original ones! The basics are breaking down: tile is chipped in the bath, toilet seats are missing parts, mold is appearing in crevices of the bathroom. The breakfast is basic: essentially waffles, biscuits & gravy, cereal, and sweet rolls. There was no fruit, no juice - the machine was broken (and marked boldly as such), the jug of mik was down to the last pint or so, no sugar-free syrup, etc. The front desk clerk apparently is responsible for maintaining it all. Worst of all, the security door on the east side - one you are supposed to need a key card to open, has been obviously broken for a long time.

Yes, there are free WS Journals, the desk clerk is friendly, and the rates are fairly reasonable, but its time to do a complete remodel or tear this disaster down!

Room Tip: Try another hotel in the area!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Hamilton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2012

Driving Ontario to Florida & booked king suite just for overnight using points from ChoiceHotels (only 6000pts so I didn't have high expectations). Was pleasantly surprised with a basic but clean double room (I mean that TWO rooms had been combined into one... it was huge with separate bedroom from living space). Very close, almost a walk, to lots of shopping & eating to pass a few hours before sleep. Only complaint was that the outside, side door did not lock so anyone could have wandered into the building. Breakfast was simple but sufficient to get us along for a few hours before a morning highway break. Stopping next in Macon, Georgia.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2012

At first blush this hotel reminded me of the Comfort Inn in Plymouth MI, big towering staircase in the lobby...I was staying on choice points (6K) and at that price you'd expect what I received a bit of a run down property on the wrong side of the freeway with the typical stained carpets.

Checkin went fine, end of shift at 10:30 pm I was given 267, but on arrival I found the room extremely smokey for a non smoking room. I called down to the desk and was rebooked in 271 just up the hall. This room was non smoking (19 inch tv).

The heating system could keep up with the bed area of the room , but the bathroom always seemed cold. The comforter on the bed....had what can only be described as a lingering "poop" stain on the underside or maybe since the property is in the Commonwealth of Kentucky it could have been a stain from some brand of "chew".(I didn't smell it to find out if it had a whiff of wintergreen or ecoli. I didn't notice the stain until the next morning when I was getting dressed and the comforter was disheveled.

Breakfast had your normal fare of stuff from choice, yogurt,english muffins, waffler,biscuit and gravy,cereal ...and horrible orange juice (watery nasty stuff). About the only real potential problem was the person who took over the shift at night and continued into the morning had one heck of a cough...(TB type hacking)... That's the person who dolled out the breakfast food and handled checkout but not my check in.. (although I could hear her in the background somewhere hacking up a lung when I exchanged the room keys.).

I'd like to think Choice hotels and it's franchises offer sick time to their employees so they don't have to come into the hotel ill...or at the very least don't let them handle the food if they're sick.

All in all , I survived unscathed.. not a bad stay for 6K and with a GPS easy enough to find off 71/75.

Room Tip: Dont pick 267 unless you like heavy smoke smell.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Los Angeles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2011

Sure, this hotel is seemingly older, pulling into the parking lot I thought I had mistakenly went to a conference center. The building is an odd shape, I was caught off guard, however, the large front windows of the building captured my attention as I saw life abound with decorations aplenty, sparkling and shining brightly. The hotel was very quiet, a soft glow, light jazzy sounds in the lobby, guest service agents were extremely polite and helpful. I was traveling with my son's newest Christmas gift, a pet I am picking up from a coworker, and the hotel allowed me to stay with my newest family addition. They even gave him his own welcome letter and offered him a pet treat, how considerate! I have never stayed at a Clarion so I do not know what to compare it to, but it was a decent hotel. My room was a queen bed and it looked like it had been freshly painted. I loved the comfort of the bed, the guest service agent told me that they hear that a lot, the beds are very comfortable. I think I was the only person at the hotel besides the staff. Such a shame too, the hotel was nice. The breakfast was simplistic but satisfying. All staff I came into contact with was very friendly, pleasant and actually seemed to be happy to be there and not bothered by my constant questions. I would come back to this hotel again when I come to the area, The price was very affordable. The hotel does not have an elevator apparently but on this trip it wasn't something I necessarily needed. I recommend this hotel to anyone with a pet and a semi-tight budget, for the price, I was pretty impressed.

Room Tip: If you have a pet, ask for their specific pet rooms
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Buffalo Grove, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2011

Wow, welcome to the 70's again! This hotel offers great rooms, comfortable beds, and a quiet night, at a very reasonable price. It does, however, look like it is the late 1970's, at least as far as the colors, carpeting and especially the (aging) blond wood doors go. On a Saturday night it was very slow, but it was spotless, quiet, and they put us up in one of the Suites (essentally a double room) when I used my membership points. The bed was very comfortable, and the only odd thing was that the television set (a 1995 vintage Sanyo that worked fine) was in the bedroom section, not in the living room area. The desk clerk was a helpful and pleasant young man who was eager to please. A free Wall St Journal was a nice extra. Located in an Office park, it competes with 3 other hotels immediately adjacent, and most seemed to be busier. Near every immaginable restaurant.

Room Tip: Stay in a room NOT facing West (toward the expressway) and it is very quiet.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Florence/Cincinnati South? Share your experiences!