“Excellent Mexican Food” 5 of 5 stars

Description: Acapulco's Phone Number: 859-282-0687
Campton, KY
“Excellent Mexican Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

My friend and I ate here on the way to CVG airport. I had seen it rated it highly on Tripadvisor and we were not disappointed. The food was excellent. The menu had so many items to choose from it was hard to decide.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Edgewood
“AWESOME!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Hands down the best mexican I've ever had! I always have chili relleno's or chili poblano's & they are simply delicious! Their frozen margarita's are mouth watering delicious! I drink them in about 2 minutes they're so delectible. Their tamale's, burrito's & enchilada's are great also, but no comparison to a chilli relleno or a chili poblano. My fiance' & I have been here MANY times & will continue to go here often 'cause our tastebuds are just addicted to this place!

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Good Mexican food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Acapulco is in a strip shopping center. At 8:30 on a Friday night there was a short wait. It is a very popular place and nothing fancy. Food is delicious and the portions are good. I recommend the Acapulco Taco Salad which has shrimp, chicken, and beef, along with veggies in a taco shell. Really a good meal.

Visited April 2013
“Great Mexican food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

This is absolutely are favorite Mexican restaurant in our area. There are so many delicious dishes its hard to say what my favorite is!

The margaritas are very good and my wife and I have shared what we call is the fish bowl size drink. It's huge and I need help finishing it. Overall great food and the service is great. We have been a fan for years.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Kentucky
“NOT authentic BUT good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

I saw that somebody claimed that acapulco was "authentic" mexcian fare and that is misleading. It is more or less your usual mexican-american cuisine (tons of chimichangas and burritos and crunchy tacos) BUT it does have some surprising dishes on the menu and, in my experience, most of the food is very tasty. I just didn't want anyone who understands what authentic mexican food really is to go there and be disappointed. IF your idea of authentic is chicken enchiladas in a verde sauce then this place will become a favorite very fast I suspect. They do their cuisine well. But trust me you are not going to find goat or tongue tacos here or menudo every day.... it just isn't that kind of authentic.

I really like their chicken and rice soup. HUGE bowl of well-spiced and tasty soup with tons of chicken and tons of rice..... enough to feed two people....

They also make a pretty good michilada tho not as spicy as I like.... one minor criticism I'd raise is that they do go a bit heavy on their sauces. They are tasty sauces but sometimes smother the underlying flavors of the dish.... all in all my favorite mexican-american spot. I still prefer El Oasis over off turfway for truly authentic mexican (or La Mexicana) but that soup is just so damn good....

• Visited March 2013