Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Florence/Cincinnati Airport
You added Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Florence/Cincinnati Airport to your Saves list
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Florence/Cincinnati Airport
Ranked #5 of 26 Hotels in Florence
Richmond
“Microtel review”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

Another great stay at Microtel. Staff was excellent, thanks Jackie. Room was clean and cool, I will be back. Wireless is a bit weak in some areas of the hotel, I know they are working on this.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

I love staying here , everyone knows my name and are really nice and friendly people. Felicia,dani, tasha, and Carla are some of the nicest and hardest working people I have met , that goes for the entire staff as well. I will forever be a customer of microtel due to my stay here.

-best regards, Evan Smith

• Stayed June 2013
Malvern, Arkansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

We stayed here last week for one night on our way to Ohio. I knew we would arrive near bedtime so I wasn't looking for a hotel with a pool. I didn't realize we would lose an hour crossing from central to eastern time zones so it was after 10 pm when we got there. At first I was leery of the location and the smell of cigeratte smoke that hit me when I opened the lobby door and all the smokers standing in the front door. I had booked a suite but like an earlier reviewer was thinking there would be more. My almost 16 year old son actually slept on the window "bed" over the air conditioner though I'm not sure how much he actually slept. The room was a bit dated and had an older TV that was kind of awkwardly up high but the room was very clean and the beds were comfy. We had a pretty peaceful night but didn't mess with the tiny cont. breakfast. Overall I thought it was a decent night's stay (in the daylight the location wasn't bad either).

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

We arrived late in the evening, a half way point to our final destination. The hotel was booked and though our reservation specifically asked for a non-smoking room and we called several times to confirm, when we got there they gave us a smoking room. With young children in tow (one with allergies) I was, needless to say, incredibly upset. But in no time, Chris was making attempts to deodorize the room, the manager, Tasha, called me from home to apologize. Our room was costs were refunded and they even held a room at another hotel in case we wanted to leave.

Chris and Tasha were so kind going out of their way to make our short stay better...they gave new meaning to southern hospitality that night... and we will most certainly be back next time we are passing though.

Guntersville, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Not only did we get a really nice room for a reasonable price but included in the price was free passes to a beautiful putt-putt golf center right next door and a discount for a meal at a wonderful BBQ restaurant on the other side. All within walking distance. We had a great time and a memorable evening. The room and the staff were great. The only down side was the very heavy and clumsy neighbor above us. Didn't stop stomping around until 12:30.

Room Tip: Get a room on the upper floor!
Washington, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

I booked a "suite" at this hotel, as we have young children and prefer to sleep in a separate room. Imagine our surprise when we entered a room that had two queen beds with a counter and sink between them. Assuming there was a mix-up with our reservation, we went to the front desk, where the young lady actually had to go up to the room to assess what we had. She informed us that the room was a "suite" and they had no other rooms available. I think Microtel corporate needs to buy a dictionary, because "suite" by definition means more than one room. Adding a sink, mini fridge, and microwave to a standard hotel room does not make it a suite, it makes it a room with a kitchenette. I was unfortunately unable to find another hotel in the area with available rooms, so we were stuck. Our room was a nonsmoking room, apparently located right next to a smoking room. Therefore, the entire room and hallway smelled like a dirty ashtray.

The room itself, though not a suite, was clean enough but dated. There was a padded window seat with a pillow at one end; I can only assume this was intended for one person to sleep in, as the room description claimed to fit 5 people. Of course, it was rock hard and there were no linens for it. Oh, and it was on top of the air conditioner. How in the world could anyone sleep there? We were given a rollaway bed with a repulsively dirty mattress, but it was late and we were too tired to ask for another. We made do for one night but couldn't get out fast enough in the morning.

I should have known the price I was quoted was too good to be true. We are in the Cincinnati area with some frequency and will never stay at this hotel again. I am, quite honestly, shocked by the number of 5-star reviews of this place and am starting to question whether I can trust Tripadvisor users to guide my hotel choices in the future.

Fort Mill
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

This place has a golf course next door and you can rent clubs. Plethora of great resturaunts in the area. Only thing it does not have is a pool. Great selection of brekfast stuff in the am. Awesome running trails nearby too. Close to the airport and van service. Perfect!

• Stayed June 2013

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Florence/Cincinnati Airport? Share your experiences!