“Clean, Reasonable, All You Need” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Florence/Cincinnati Airport

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Florence/Cincinnati Airport
You added Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Florence/Cincinnati Airport to your Saves list
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Florence/Cincinnati Airport
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7490 Woodspoint Drive, Florence, KY 41042   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #5 of 26 Hotels in Florence
Out In The Country
“Clean, Reasonable, All You Need”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2011

Check in and out was smooth. Room was clean and had everything you need (bed, tv, desk, bathroom, closet). No shampoo in bathroom but perhaps you can get at the front desk (I carry some just in case so I never checked). Rates are very reasonable.
Offer free golf at the course next door, access to a local workout location and a discount at a local eatery.
Only one place to eat within walking distance (BBQ spot).
Breakfast was continental and basic. All in all, a good place to stay if passing through or in town for a few days and just need a place to sleep.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Tallahassee, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2011

Do not stay here! A group of friends and I stayed at Microtel Inn the weekend of the Quater State 400 Nascar Race. We had a total of three rooms. Although we had many bumps in the road with the race we hoped that the hotel would be nice. We knew we would pay more for a hotel with a huge event nearby so swallowing the $189 price tag a room was ok (even though it is a $39 hotel room). However, we never imagined that we would get home to find out the hotel charged our card $500 per room! When we called the hotel the manager (who was VERY RUDE when we checked in and somehow forgot that we had called asking for an early check in and none of our rooms were not even near ready ) told me she couldn't do anything about it until her general manager returned. Unfortunately, that wouldn't be for another week. I wouldn't stay here again and probably wouldn't have stayed her before except knowing this was the only hotel available. If you do stay here. . .good luck. . .remember to take antibacteria spray, a broom because your floors will be covered with hair, and all toiletries as they do not provide them. Good luck.. . .but I'd stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: Take anti-bacteria spray and a broom! The beds are hard as a rock so go ahead and schedule a massag...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Jlabdo01, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Florence/Cincinnati Airport, responded to this review, July 27, 2011
First, I would like to apologize to this guest for any problems that they encountered during their stay. There are, however, a few problems with their review. I would like it to be noted that I disputed their review due to inaccurate information.

This guest paid $169.00 per night plus tax, not $189.00, due to a NASCAR Race. Our rooms normally run $69.99. This guest was charged the correct room rate and not $500.00 as they stated. I have receipts to prove this information.

I inspect the rooms myself, and one thing that I can GUARANTEE is that my rooms are EXCEPTIONALLY clean. If you want evidence of this I invite you to look for yourself. We would be more than happy to show you any room in our hotel without you having any obligation to rent with us. We are not required to carry room amenities; however we do keep shampoo, tooth brushes and tooth paste, combs and sewing kits at the front desk for your convenience.

Thank you for taking the time to read my response. We hope to see you soon!
Columbus, OH
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2011

Just visited this hotel with a large group and had a HORRIBLE experience!! First problem was when we arrived, we were NOT given the room we reserved. Had a handicapped traveling companion, had made special arrangements when the reservation was made long BEFORE we arrived, checked on arrangements TWICE before we arrived and we were STILL given the WRONG room -- NOT handicap accessible!!!!!! Because my friend can maneuver without her wheelchair (using a walker) at times, we checked out the room after learning it was NOT handicap accessible and found it to be minimally acceptable. Since our group was meeting AT this hotel, decided to try to stay there. We were told we had NO other alternative rooms available.

Secondly, after the room debacle, we discovered the party in the room right next to us was SMOKING. Our room was on a NON-SMOKING floor and this was VERY important because I have asthma... We approached the front desk about this. The front desk person walked down the hall with us but supposedly couldn't smell the smoke that was STREAMING out of the room (the door to that room was propped open so it was OBVIOUSLY coming from there!).... After the hotel employee denied the fact that we smelled smoke, we requested to change rooms again.... Once again, we were told there were absolutely NO rooms we could POSSIBLY change to EXCEPT up on the smoking floor!!???? SO for some UNKNOWN reason the person that was smoking, was allowed to remain on the NON-SMOKING floor when there were AVAILABLE rooms up on the smoking floor!??

We finally placed a towel at the base of our door to try to block the smoke seeping into our room....

While spending time in our room, I discovered ants -- on the window sill, on the sink area/counter, in the bathroom...UGH!!

The following day, there was a different person at the front desk, so once again we approached them concerning the smoking that CONTINUED in the room next door. I was told it would be "taken care of".... The smoking continued.... Since we weren't from KY, I wasn't sure what the laws were and we were there for a conference or else I would have taken the time to pursue the matter. (I AM planning to try to research KY law and may pursue it yet but haven't had time)

During our conference we were in and out of our room at various times.... Housekeeping had come in early in the day, removed ALL of our towels and taken the trash bags out of our wastebaskets..... And it REMAINED this way until LATE AFTERNOON! So we had NO TOWELS ALL DAY!!???? They made some excuse about laundry -- they evidently remove the towels from the room, go wash them THEN bring them back into your room...NO JOKE!!!!! At first I avoid throwing trash into our wastebasket because I kept thinking they were going to return to put bags into them but after about the third time in the room, I just started tossing stuff into the baskets....

The OTHER thing was that we discovered there was NO SHAMPOO in the bathroom!?? I have NEVER stayed in a hotel that didn't provide shampoo!! I went to the front desk to request some (neither of us had brought any)... We were told "management" told them to stop putting it into the rooms! They had NONE....

I know this may all sound "whiny" but trust me, I'm not that difficult to please -- I just expect to have the service that I pay for PROVIDED!!! We weren't being "picky" about a room -- my friend NEEDED the handicap features, I NEEDED the non-smoking and I don't think it's asking too much to have towels in a bathroom. The shampoo I could "forgive" but with everything else, I just felt that was SLIMY....

What a LOSER of a hotel!! I would NEVER have stayed there had I known what our weekend held!!! STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE!!! There are MUCH better places to stay nearby!

Room Tip: STAY AWAY if you want a decent room!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Jlabdo01, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Florence/Cincinnati Airport, responded to this review, June 13, 2011
First, I would like to apologize to this guest for any inconvenience that they experienced during their stay. The group that they came with were very satisfied with our hotel, and had nothing but positve comments, along with most of our guests. We are a business operated by human beings however, so we do make mistakes from time to time.

That being said, I would like to address the comments made by this particular guest. This guest's reservation was not made for a handicapped room. They were under the impression that it was, but in fact it wasn't. They were given the room type they requested. We are more than happy to accommodate guest's requests to move rooms when we have the rooms available, but in this case we had a full hotel, therefore the only rooms we had left were on the third floor, in which the guest refused to move to. Therefore, when being offered a solution to the problem, and a room type that they wanted, they refused.

Our hotel is non smoking on first and second floor, and we allow smoking in select rooms on the third floor. This guest was on the first floor, and our staff inspected the supposed smell of smoke on several occasions with no results. The only thing we can think of, is that this guest's room was very close to an entry door, and guests do go outside to smoke. Therefore, some smoke may have came in from the outside, but nowhere near the exaggerated amount described in this review.

Ants in any business or home this time of year are hard to control, and one or two may get past us. However, we have had all the rooms with complaints sprayed and placed traps outside of the building. We have eliminated this issue.

During this night we had a full hotel, and all of our guests requested extra linen. We stripped this guest's room and returned linen to them very quickly. It was within an hour. We keep enough linen to fill our hotel one and a half times, however sometimes it is all used and it requires washing. The guest wasn't in their room when it was stripped, and my housekeepers was attempting to get it ready for them before they returned. They requested service.

Microtel is not required to carry shampoo in their rooms. We have it at the front desk upon request. This guest did not request any.

From time to time as a hotel manager you get customers that are very good at painting a terrible picture out of our beaufitul property. I respect their right to review our hotel, however I strongly disagree with their remarks.

I urge you to come see our hotel yourself. Make your own decision. Anyone that comes to our property and says they came from my request on trip advisor will receive an extra discount on their room. With your room you get free high speed internet, free local and long distance phone calls, on site laundry facilities, free access to the Fitworks Fitness center across the street, 18 holes of golf for free, free putt putt, and free access to a driving range at the World of Golf, and discounts and several local restaurants. We have a continental breakfast as well.

Thank you for your time and understanding in this matter, and it is my pleasure to serve you.

Jonathan L. Abdoo, General Manager
Cambridge, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2011

Great hotel in a prime location, close to shopping and restaurants! First time with Microtel and it was great! Good clean rooms, beds where comfortable and clean. Breakfest was ok! Not great. Service was very good at front desk. I would stay here again as long as the price was right. We paid $70 and was worth every penny.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Waterford
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2011

The room was very small but it was clean and neat. I really liked the beautiful and comfortable bedding, exceptionally clean. And they do clean all the bedding between guests which is a real plus. The breakfast was nothing to get excited about. I think they could have had some fruit. Our room was very quite. We will not stay here again but will stay in the Microtel in Dry Ridge.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2011

Affordable... That's about the only nice thing I an say. Except for the staff. They were helpful and very nice. As for the owner and his girlfriend... They are some of the snobbiest people I have ever met. She was very rude to me about weather or not I paid my pet fee when it would have been easier for her to check on the computer rather than all but accusing me of lying.

• Stayed February 2011
Greenfield, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2010

the hoel employs were nice ,helpful ,and clean we thank all the staff , any one who doesnt like this place is not had to many motel extended stays

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Florence/Cincinnati Airport? Share your experiences!