“I left within two hours....” 1 of 5 stars

Americas Best Value Inn - Florence / Cincinnati
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   7810 Commerce Drive, Florence, KY 41042   |
Ranked #19 of 26 Hotels in Florence
Warsaw, Kentucky
“I left within two hours....”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

I wasn't expecting a 4 star hotel but I was expecting the bare essentials. Like running water in the bathroom (faucets wouldn't work on bathtub). The bed linens had stain on them, and who ever was next door was bashing something up against the wall. I contact the desk clerk and told me to keep trying to get the water in the bathroom to work and the noise shouldnt go on all night. She express no concern at all. After no sucess on getting the faucets to work . I decided to leave after the desk clerk didnt offer another room or any other options. I had a dirty, noisy room, with no running water. And they expect you to pay for that...ridiculous...

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Draper, Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

This hotel is a decent value for the price ($45 with AAA discount). Beds are ok, bedding is ok. If you need a place to sleep, this could be ok for you. It would be hard to say the hotel is nice. It's only partially maintained. Building materials are piled up in outdoor hallways. The door molding was falling off in our bathroom. The bathroom was reasonably clean with the exception of the sink which obviously hadn't been cleaned. Carpets are vaccuumed but dirty. Furniture is like you'd have in a college dorm. The surrounding area is better than I would expect for a hotel in this price range. There is a drive-thru check in. We stayed here twice in April before and after flights for 6 hours each time. I was happy I didn't pay more for a nicer hotel under those circumstances.

Room Tip: The "back" of the hotel is a bit dark and isolated. I'd stick with parking in the fro...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Bob P, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Florence / Cincinnati, responded to this review, January 1, 2014
Thank you for taking your time to share your experience. We are delighted to see that our hotel was satisfactory for you and your family during your stay with us. I apologize that your room did not meet your and our cleanliness standards, and would like you to know cleaning staff has changed since your visit. We will take your comments into consideration while planning future renovations at our property. I hope you will choose us again if you are ever in the area, and see the progress we have made and will continue to make.
Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

On the way to Florida this was our first stop. At $36.99 on a thursday night we were pleased (2 people).

Everything worked fine and there was a nice spot to walk our dogs too. Location was close to I-75 so we were able to get back on quickly.

A great place for a quick stop.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking your time to share your experience. We are delighted to see that our hotel was satisfactory for you and your family, pets included, during your stay with us.

I am glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you will choose us again!
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

This hotel was excellent and the exact thing that my family and I were looking for. The price was just right for us, because it wasn't even expensive. Not only was this hotel in our budget, but their rooms were great and also the breakfast that they served in the morning, was awesome. I just love d everything about this hotel, and I highly recommend this hotel!!!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Bob P, Public Relations Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Florence / Cincinnati, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Thank you for taking your time to share about your experience. We are delighted to see that our hotel was satisfactory for you and your family during your stay with us. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you will choose us again!
Arlington, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012

We found this Inn through one of those discount travel magazines that you pick up at the rest stops. The coupon was for $39. Our room was located on the second floor which meant we had to carry our luggage up a flight of stairs. It was a non-smoking room and it was relatively clean and quiet. They did skimp a little on the towels, but since neither of my sons took a shower, we managed with the two bath towels that they gave us. They provided free wifi and a decent breakfast with waffles. The carpet could have been a little cleaner, but other than that it was fine. They did have a drive up check-in/check-out window that I thought was a pretty interesting feature. Since Florence, KY is the mid-way point for us when we travel back home to see relatives, we would consider staying at this Inn again in the future.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Bob P, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Florence / Cincinnati, responded to this review, June 4, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We are pleased that you were happy with your stay. We apologize that we did not have enough towels in the room and this issue has been addressed with our staff. Hope to see you again in the future.
Murray, Kentucky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2011

The outside building needed painting, saw some broken windows, and the grounds were littered, especially by the outside passage to the office where the ice machine and vending were. We asked for a non-smoking room and were given room 126. As we were getting out of our vehicle, a man in the next room started waving to us through their window. It was creepy. Anyway, people had smoked in the room we were given - there were burn marks on the sink cabinet and bedspread. The whole room stunk. The mgr told me it was a non-smoking room, but it was not. All our clothes and interior of our suitcases smelled of cigarettes. We brought our own pillows and had to wash them when we got home because of the smell. I woke up in the morning not being able to breathe and had a sore throat from the smoke smell - I am highly allergic to cigarette smell. The furniture was old and the bathroom was dirty and needed painting and some re-calking. The tub/shower faucet would not turn on so I had to wash my hair in the sink. The sink drain was slow and I had to rinse my hair using one of the plastic drinking cups. I had to stop rinsing my hair and let the water in the sink drain down and then continue to finish rinsing my hair. If I had not stopped, the sink would have over flown. We were not given any wash cloths, just 2 hand towels and 2 bath towels. Only thing good I could say was that the bed was comfortable and there were no bedbugs. The breakfast was adequate, but there was no decaf coffee. I can not drink regular coffee. I paid $51.10 with tax for this room and even though it was economical, I would never stay here again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking your time to share your experience. We are truly disappointed that we were not able to please you during your stay. You will be pleased to know we have made numerous improvements to our property since you have last stayed. This does include painting both the interior and exterior of our building, new furniture, new carpets, new tiles, and have ordered new vanities. Again, I would like to apologize for your last experience with us, but hope you will give us another chance the next time you are in Florence. Thank You.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2011 via mobile

The hotel was really nice and had a lot of great facilities for a relatively low price. We got a big King bed room with everything in a standard hotel room and even a nice sofa it was very spacious and felt like a suite. We also were able to connect to the free wifi Internet they had and enjoyed their swimming pool after we came back from a long day of shopping at the mall which was like 2 minutes away, and the hotel was also located right in the middle of the city and I the interstate and it was still quiet throughout the night. They also had hot waffles in their free breakfast in the mornings which I loved, while my kids loved the blubberry muffins and cereal. Overall I would give this place a 9/10 for the price which was around 50 bucks.

• Stayed July 2011

Been to Americas Best Value Inn - Florence / Cincinnati? Share your experiences!