“Give it a chance!!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Florence

You added Super 8 Florence to your Saves list
Super 8 Florence
1.5 of 5 Motel   |   7928 Dream Street, I-75 Exit 180, Florence, KY 41042-1802   |
Ranked #25 of 26 Hotels in Florence
“Give it a chance!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

I booked a room at this hotel and then after reading several reviews I was concerned and called to speak with management to cancel my reservation. I spoke with "Sammy" (the manager/owner?) who was very understanding and assured me that I would have a pleasant stay and asked me to give them a chance. We arrived to check in to our room and I must say I was very pleased. The staff was courteous and helpful. Our room was very nice with new linens, flat screen TV, and jacuzzi tub. They had even taken the time to turn on the A/C unit in the room so that it was cool when we
arrived. We stayed two nights and although we didn't take advantage of the breakfast, it did look tasty! Thanks for a great time Super 8 Florence! Keep up the good work!

• Stayed September 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Cambridge, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

Please Please Please DO NOT STAY in this motel, save your money and choose another place. I booked for 3 nights and had the worst stay of my life with nasty bedbugs, very strong cigarettes smells, filthy carpet and bathroom that smells like pee. The hotel manager was the rudest man on the planet. He treated me like I was a criminal when I asked to change room as the cigarette smell was too strong. The hallway also smells of cigarette, how could this be a non-smoking establishment? The girl that worked as a night auditor was quite friendly but honestly she had no clue what she was doing. I really think Super 8 as a franchisor needs to check this place out and set a proper standard before giving out the name Super 8.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Jackson, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

The customer service is lousy and are rude. The rooms were not clean. I asked for more towels and they acted like it was the end of the world!!! I had phone calls for my room and the front desk refused to transfer them because I did not know the name the room was under. I was outside smoking, because the rooms were nonsmoking, the employees TOLD us we was NOT allowed out and to go inside our rooms!!! WHAT!? I did not realize there was a curfew! I would Not stay here ever if it was the last place on earth!!!!

Room Tip: Do not stay here!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Freeport, Illinois, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Hotel was dirty: sheets had stains, standing water in the sink and my bed had wholes in it. They had trouble finding me clean sheets. The room was a mess of furniture that didn't go together and there wasn't really a bed spread. I couldn't get my TV to work and there was almost nothing at the breakfast to eat. When I talked to the lady at the front desk she said she couldn't give me my money back. The people were friendly when I checked in but the state of the hotel screamed, "we don't give a crap about you."

Room Tip: I wish I had read the reviews first. Always read the hotel reviews first before staying any place.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Port Dover, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

It was also pet friendly, but I have to say we would never stay there again. Just down the hall there were mattresses and garbage strewn about. My wife took the top bedding totally off the bed, the noises down the hall would keep us awake even if we were cautious to begin with. The best thing is that it did not take any convincing at 6 in the morning to pack up...

Room Tip: avoid this hotel
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Super 8 Florence? Share your experiences!