“Good for the price” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn Cincinnati Airport

Save Saved
You added Red Roof Inn Cincinnati Airport to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn Cincinnati Airport
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   630 Donaldson Rd., Erlanger, KY 41018 (Formerly Comfort Inn)   |
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Erlanger
Ironton, OH
“Good for the price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

Walking in after a ballgame, I expected to pay more than $60 for a room. I first thought "Do we have to pay extra to sleep on a bed?".

Our room was clean, didn't smell like smoke or an animal. We chose to eat out for breakfast.

The place is obviously an older building and is not the greatest for a week long stay but I've stayed in many Comfort Inns that were far worse than this. Perhaps we were the exception, but in a pinch, this place is adequate if you want basic accomodations.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Donna T, Area Sales Manager at Red Roof Inn Cincinnati Airport, responded to this review, October 28, 2012
Glad you enjoyed your recent stay at the Comfort Inn Erlanger, KY. Game time is always busy for us and we go out of our way to make your stay a most enjoyable one. Next time you are in the area we hope you will stay with us again.

Kind Regards,

Area Sales Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Erlanger, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Hi there! I stay at this hotel all the time....it's my favorite! Just wanted to commend Esther Musisca....one of the front desk staff....she's the sweetest gal, always goes the extra mile! so polite and kind to all the guests! She always goes out of her way to make my stay terrific! Please pass this commendation on to her...I should have written it months ago! Sincerely, Kathryn Wheeling-Hall Delta flight attendant...and Choice Rewards member!

Room Tip: Personally, I like the backside facing the woods and the pool...very quiet and relaxing....
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Thank you very much for your recent review for the Comfort Inn in Erlanger , KY. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. Also thank you very much for the praise of Esther who is a true star on our team. She goes out of her way to make you feel at home and always goes the extra mile.
Thank you for choosing the Comfort Inn Erlanger and we look forward to having you again soon as our guest.

Kind Regards,

Detroit, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

This Comfort Inn has got to be one of the worst hotels. This hotel does not even deserve a 1 out of 5. My company put me in this hotel so it was not by choice. I checked into the hotel and the staff was not very professional. When I entered the room, I knew this was going to be a disaster. The first thing I always do is check the bed and I found blood on the sheets. I immediately went back to the front desk and asked for a new room. They said they were sold out but they could change the sheets. I was not impressed but I accepted it. On my way back to the room, airline crews were leaving because they refused to stay at the hotel. After the sheets were changed, I found nail clippings on the carpet, hair in the bathroom, and unknown stains on the comforter.

To add to the fun, I later walked into the hallway and the police were there investigating for drug activity.

If you need anymore reasons why NOT to stay at this hotel, I don't know what to say. In my opinion, this hotel is not safe or sanitary and should be avoided at all costs.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Donna T, Area Sales Manager at Red Roof Inn Cincinnati Airport, responded to this review, October 6, 2012
We apologize for the many issues you had at the Comfort Inn in Erlanger, KY. I have spoken with the department heads and your issues have been addressed and taken care of.

We hope that in the future you will give us an opportunity to exceed your expectations.

San Francisco, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012 via mobile

We where here for 2 nights and let me just say that the first night we didn't get ANY sleep because of the smoke detector in our room kept going off finally they just took it out which is illegal! And the second night we walked back in from being out and walked in to find a cock roach on the table! This is what gives choice hotels a bad rep is properties like this! Being a choice employee I was very disappointed! The room was filthy and nasty! Very out dated the duvets had stains all over them, the fridge wouldn't work and the microwave sparked when we went to use it and it didn't have a turn table in it, bathroom had mold in it and hairs in it all over. Breakfast was still have FROZEN. The only half way thing was the staff!

• Stayed September 2012
Thank you for your response. I am sorry the property did not meet your expectations. I have contacted all dept heads and your complaints have been addressed and taken care of.
If you return to the Erlanger Area we hope you will give us the opoortunity to exceed your expectations.

Prestonsburg, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

We stayed here last October and found a friendly staff and clean rooms. This time it was different. We checked in on July 22nd. Again, the staff was friendly and reservations were in order. But our room (216) left a lot to be desired. There were candy wrappers and hair pins on the floor. Under the edge of the bed was a can of Skol Tobacco. There were cobwebs hanging from the ceiling, and the bathroom ceiling and shower curtain had mold. The battery in the clock was corroded so I removed it.There were stains on the bed spread and the Iron was missing. The motel is an old Howard Johnson's and has seen some age, but no excuse for a room that was obviously not ready for guests. We were pressed for time so did not request another room. I am hoping that this is an isolated event as last time our room was spotless. We will be in the area again next month, and hope things are better as we will give this hotel one more try.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Donna T, Area Sales Manager at Red Roof Inn Cincinnati Airport, responded to this review, July 26, 2012
We pride ourselves on the cleanliness of our rooms and I am very upset that your room had so many issues. I have contacted management and the department heads. The necessary steps have been taken to make sure in the future this does not happen again.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention as we use TripAdvisor as a training tool for our staff.
Our goal is to create an enjoyable experience and we dropped the ball.

I appreciate very much you giving us the opportunity to exceed your expectations on your next visit.

Kincardine, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

We stayed here while on our way to Florida. We booked on hotwire and got it for $50. Great location, close to interstate,nice pool,clean,friendly staff and good breakfast. If you are looking for something fancy then this hotel is not for you but it suited our needs perfectly!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Donna T, Area Sales Manager at Red Roof Inn Cincinnati Airport, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
Thank you very much for your recent review of the Comfort Inn Erlanger, KY. and we're glad you had a nice stay. We pride ourselves on taking good care of the customer and making sure your stay is most enjoyable. We're looking forward to having you as our guest again when you are in the area. Thank you for choosing Comfort Inn Erlanger KY and we appreciate your business.

Cincinnati, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

First, let me say that the hotel employees were very pleasant and the treatment I received was great. Unfortunately, they immediately told us the pool was closed. First downfall as my child was really looking forward to a nice swim. We booked this night as a birthday surprise for my son to swim, go to Reds game, and Newport Aquarium. (Posting on your website that the pool was closed would have been helpful and save a lot of time.) Knowing a lot of the hotels were booked in the area, we decided to keep our reservation and just deal with the pool being closed. We walked into our ground floor room and was not impressed. Our room had a nice view of the drained, empty pool. We go to put our luggage down and we notice what appeared to be blood spatter on the comforter. It was red droplets. Even if it wasn’t blood, we, the customer, assumed it was and that’s all that kept running through our minds. We immediately took both comforters off, knowing we wouldn’t be using them. The room smelled musty and was somewhat dingy. I started to get the feeling of “I will never be able to relax or be comfortable sleeping in this room tonight.” Looking at the pillows, expecting, white pillow cases – there were smudges and spots that looked unclean. Still with that uneasy feeling, I looked at the bathroom and the black hairs on the soap dish and handle bar in the shower really did it for me. I simply walked to the front desk and asked if I checked out now, if I could be refunded. The front desk employees were very pleasant and I was refunded my money.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, Area Sales Manager at Red Roof Inn Cincinnati Airport, responded to this review, June 28, 2012
We sincerely apologize for the issues you had during your recent stay. The conditions of your room were totally unacceptable and not the experience we want our guest to have while staying with us. Our housekeeping department manager is aware of your experience and has taken the necessary steps to correct the problem. We also apologize for the pool being closed. The day before your arrival we had a problem with the pool which required additional time to fix.
We are constantly making improvements so when you return to the Erlanger area we hope you will give us another try.

Area Sales Manager

Been to Red Roof Inn Cincinnati Airport? Share your experiences!