“A good starting point for a long trip!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Erlanger
Gemunden, Germany
“A good starting point for a long trip!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

After a long flight from Europe, this hotel was a welcome stopping place to rest before starting an extended USA - Canada vacation. The hotel is very close to the airport, although not on the airport grounds or across the street, but far enough away that there are no more airport noises, and just off the interstate at a convenient exit. The hotel has a lot of free parking, a lovely large lobby area, and a friendly staffed bar, where we had a late evening meal, actually restaurant food served at the bar, friendly service. The reception staff were very pleasant, and nice to talk to after a long trip.
The room we had was a lot larger than I had anticipated, very well appointed, to include a great desk and well lighted working space. Our room was very clean, smelled very good, and was an inviting place to sit and to sleep. The bed was good and firm, but not too hard. The hotel also has an indoor pool and exercise area which we did not use, but did see, and it looked quite nice.
This was not our first stay at this location, and I would not hesitate to go back if I have another late flight into Cincinnati.

Room Tip: Although the building is very well soundproofed, if you sleep with an open window you probably will...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Taylor Mill, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

I loved our room! So clean and fresh. Restaurant has excellent food, pricey, but really good. Room service was great and very fast. Breakfast was really nice- you pick a time and they deliver it to your room right on time! There are service phones located everywhere. The pool and workout room were spotless. My husband loved the sauna! We asked for a fridge and extra towels and they were at our door in minutes! Hotel is beautiful, staff is very helpful, a great place to stay! Can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: As this is a business orientated hotel the rates are cheaper on Friday and Saturday. They will bri...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

Recently came to Florence for family weekend. Needed five rooms. Front staff especially Chris and Bobbie went out of their way to keep my family close and in a quiet area. With a sold out house and lots of soccer teams here I know that was difficult. Our rooms were all king beds, newly renovated and spotless clean. Our housekeeper Tina did a great job. Hotel was close to everything. Pool and gym area immaculate. Restaurant too pricey for my tastes so we went out for meals. So glad this is non-smoking and not pet friendly!! The only downfall was no fridge or microwave available in the rooms. Would be great asset. We will be back!!

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Cincinnati Airport in mid-Feb., 2013. I arrived about 5:00 P.M. and did the "park and fly" - leaving early the next a.m. to fly to Tucson. My room was medium-sized but had everything I needed and was comfortable and clean. I had dinner at the hotel dining and had a good meal ( except for slightly over-cooked tilapia), with a charming server. The next a.m. I had a light breakfast and then the only glitch of the stay: when I returned to my room, I could not open the door. I called the front desk from a conveniently located phone, and they immediately sent up a young maintenance man, who also could not open the door. He contacted the front desk and very quickly another maintenance man arrived who was able to immediately open the door. I caught the 7:30 a.m. shuttle to the airport and got my flight with no problem. Upon arrival back at 2:00 p.m., I phoned the hotel for the shuttle and within 20 min. it arrived and delivered me to my waiting car at the hotel. The shuttle driver was especially helpful and friendly. The entire experience worked out very well.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

Stayed there for trip to Cincinnati Children's hospital. Had to fly in late and leave early so wanted airport location. Also wanted a pool for the kids. This hotel was very convenient, clean with nice rooms. Pool area was nice with sunny indoor location, not hidden in the basement. Good jacuzzi and sauna. But what blew me away was the service. I asked about arranging a taxi to take my son and I to Cincinnati children's hospital. Instead they arranged a complementary shuttle. And when they couldn't get there quickly for pick up (It's quite far), the arranged for outside taxi service to come get us. Totally unexpected and service above and beyond. So nice rooms, great pool and exceptional service.

• Stayed December 2012
Huntington, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

A good hotel for a park and fly option. Shuttle was prompt on both delivery and pick up from the airport. Pool and hot tub with sauna were nice for my family to enjoy preflight. Close to a Walmart (10 minutes) and several good restaurant options. Not far from Newport Aquarium either. We will definitely stay here or future flights out of cincinati. Only draw back was no free breakfast, but airport had a few god options.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012 via mobile

Had my 25 year class reunion here. The staff went above and beyond to make our reunion a success. The food was very good. Friendly staff, nice rooms and banquet hall. The only down side was elevator was a little slow. The room (607) was very nice and clean. Would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012

Been to Holiday Inn Cincinnati Airport? Share your experiences!