“In Need of Work” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn and Suites

You added Quality Inn and Suites to your Saves list
Quality Inn and Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1805 Airport Exchange Blvd, Erlanger, KY 41018 (Formerly Baymont Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Erlanger
Ohio
“In Need of Work”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

I recently stayed at this property while attending my son's wedding. I must say that I was pretty disappointed. First of all, when I made my reservations, I was supposed to receive a special rate for the wedding party. The operator had no idea what I was talking about and finally called a manager to get it booked. Then, when we checked in, I was told they didn't have the type of room that I booked! Wow, really! I showed her my confirmation sheet where it clearly identified the type of room and rate. She fumbled around a little more and then told me she didn't have any rooms available! How does that happen! Here I am with a family of five out of town for my son's wedding with no place to stay!! Anyway, miraculously, not only one, but two rooms became available and they were able to accomodate us! Upon entering our rooms, we couldn't hardly stand it. They smelled bad and the air conditioning wasn't even functioning in one so it was stifling. There were also what seemed like a thousand dead bugs on the window sill inside the room. Back down to the desk we went and through the process of moving to two different rooms (but they didn't have any rooms, right). The new rooms didn't smell as bad (4th floor) and were fairly clean. The breakfast was a typical "free" breakfast and had a decent selection of foods. What disgusted me was the fact that a worker was toasting bread and eating while stocking and overseeing the guest food, that is gross. The primary reason this hotel was chosen was the fact they accomodate pets and if she had it to do over again, my new daughter-in-law would not choose here again!! I know she felt pretty bad and was very upset not only over what we went through, but many of our wedding guests experienced similar unpleasant issues.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
RaajP, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn and Suites, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
I wanted to take some time and thank you for your valuable feedback as we are always trying to improve our facility and guest experience. I would like to cordially invite you to give us another chance at showing you what a positive guest experience can be like. We have made many renovations to our facility and put new management into place. We hope you can give us the opportunity to change your opinion of our staff and facility so the next time your in town give us a try and I promise to not disappoint you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Lafayette, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

The room itself was average, the king size bed was the best feature. Bathroom could use some updates and shower was below grade. The cooling/heating unit definitely needs replaced (old). Because the property is on an interstate & very near a major airport, early morning was noisy. Great selection for breakfast bar, but my husband thinks he got food poisoning hours later (can't prove it, but he ate nothing else the rest of day)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the great feedback we hope you will give us another opportunity to Wow you with many renovations and new management.
Blackburn, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Hotel is great. We had a suite which had two rooms, clean and very comfortable. Really nice.

But there the good news ends. Zero quality control yet again. Shower doesn't work properly, tap runs at a dribble, safety rail drops out. Breakfast day 1 was 2 hours late - no food. Day 2 they ran out of skimmed milk. Breakfast is a joke.

A real shame.

Complete lack of basic management and simple quality control. Someone needs to get a grip.

Noisy room from road noise.

Room Tip: Don't stay there. If you must get a room at the front. As it's a choice hotel can I suggest...
Waterville, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

What a pleasant respite from a long car trip! We have never seen so many friendly hotel personnel as at this one. Our suite was beautiful, large and luxurious. The king sized bed was clean, fresh and very comfortable. The suite was large with a separate kitchen area, large living room, large bedroom and a good sized bathroom and 2 flat screen televisions. Everything one would need or want. The continental breakfast was over the top....sausage and biscuits, waffles, eggs, cereals, sweet rolls, juices and much more. Would we stay there again?....in a heart beat.

Room Tip: With Choice hotels...if you stay 2 nights you earn one free night. This was a freebie for us..the r...
Kill Devil Hills, North Carolina, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

This place was horrible our entire stay & we checked out 2 days earlier than planned. First, our room looked nice, but the window was left open & our shampoo, conditioner & lotion were all used. We ran out of tissues the next day & put the empty box on the sink as a hint that we needed more tissues. Housekeeping took the empty box but didn't replace it. There was no extra toilet paper left even though 1 roll was empty & the 2nd roll was half used. We did not get a bath mat either. We had to go to the front desk to get supplies. The bathroom floor was not mopped. Also they advertised guest laundry facilities, but when we went to check them out our first day there, the washing machine was out of order. We asked when it was going to be repaired & they said it was supposed to be that day. We needed to do laundry on Monday, but it was still out of order. The front desk said we could use one of their industrial washers & dryers, so we ended up doing that which we did appreciate. Housekeeping still didn't give us the supplies we needed, so another trip to the front desk for supplies. Also bathroom floor still not mopped. The next day we stayed in our room because I was not feeling well & we opted not to be disturbed with housekeeping. The following day we did go out & expected our room to be serviced. We also reported that the toilet seat was very loose. We came back at 5:00 p.m. & nothing had been done in our room. As we were leaving at 5:30, we asked the front desk why our room had not been cleaned & the toilet seat was not fixed & they didn't know. They said the housekeepers were all gone for the day & so was maintenance, but they had a part time maintenance guy working there & he offered to do a minor cleaning to our room, mop the bathroom floor, & bring us new supplies & fix the toilet seat. When we got back that evening, the toilet seat was tightened, we had new supplies & the bathroom was clean. He did a better job than housekeeping ever did. However, he must have tightened the toilet seat too much because when I was going to sit down on it, the bolt popped off & the entire toilet seat broke off & fell to the floor. I had barely even touched it & I had to catch myself so I wouldn't fall & hit the tub or the floor. I called the front desk at 9:00 p.m. when this happened & told them we needed a new toilet seat & that we had reported it being loose, but it wasn't fixed correctly. I told them I nearly got hurt really badly but caught myself. They said they only had the part time maintenance guy on duty & they would have him fix it. We waited 2 hours & no one came & we wanted to go to bed. We called the front desk again at 11:00 p.m. & got hung up on. We called again & this time we were told we could go to bed & when we got up, we could call them & they would send maintenance up to fix the toilet seat. We were furious & my husband went down to the front desk & told them to give him a toilet seat from an empty room & he would put it on himself. We needed a toilet seat & could not wait until the next morning. The front desk said they had a shift change & the person working was not told about our toilet seat problem. My husband told them that my back & leg were sore from the near fall because I had to catch myself suddenly. They weren't concerned about that either. The manager came by & asked my husband what was wrong & he told him & the manager asked the front desk if they had gotten maintenance & also asked if they had taken an injury report. Then the manager walked away while my husband tried to tell him about all of our other issues. The front desk did take an injury report & maintenance came with a toilet seat from an empty room because they didn't have any new toilet seats in stock. At 11:30 p.m. maintenance attached the new toilet seat & apologized for the problem we had on the old one he tried to fix. The next day we checked out 2 days early. We ran into the housekeeper on our floor & asked if she had that floor the day before & she said yes. She said she didn't clean our room because we had a Do Not Disturb sign on the door, which was absolutely untrue. We had that sign on the door 2 days before & we are absolutely positive it was not left on the door when she said it was. When we checked out, the front desk didn't ask how things were. The entire stay was a nightmare & every day was asked what else was going to happen. It's sad when the part time maintenance guy was the only one who apologized to us. All we heard from the rest of the staff when we complained about housekeeping is that they always had complaints about it for the 2nd floor. One guest told us about having orange peels outside his door in the hallway for several days that were never picked up. One staff member told us that they were losing regular guests that had come there for years because of issues. We definitely will never be back to this place.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

I travel for a living and this was one of the worst I've seen. The people are very nice but it doesn't compensate for the rooms. Clogged shower. Hair in the tub. Trash by the night stand! Wore my shoes the whole time I was in the room.

• Stayed April 2013
Mt Washington, KY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

We have stayed at this Quality Inn several times over the last year. Each time we have been greeted as we walked in....always with a smile. The rooms have always been very clean!!! The lobby area is actually a very nice place to sit. During our last stay, Amanda was right there to check us in (no wait!). Everyone there is ALWAYS friendly (for real...not just because the boss is there or because they are told to be friendly). Amanda demonstrated that "excellent service" attitude...we needed to find a store such as Walmart. I asked her if she knew where the closest store would be. She went online, searched for the closest store and printed out the directions! The next morning, the breakfast was set up and among the best continental breakfast I've seen. Wide variety AND most importantly...fresh. I feel bad that I do not remember the employee's name (Mary perhaps) that is in charge of breakfast. She was friendly and made sure we had everything we needed and that we enjoyed it. Overall....our experience has been outstanding here! I commend the management staff for employing the right people and obviously making it a nice place to work!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
General M, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn and Suites, responded to this review, October 27, 2013
I just wanted to take some time to thank you for the positive feedback on your stay here with us at Quality inn. We take pride in ur work here and obviously you noticed. We would like to personally invite you to make us your choice every time your in the area and look forward to greeting you with a smile upon your next arrival. Have a wonderful day and again,
Thanks

Been to Quality Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!