“Nice place to stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Elizabethtown

You added Ramada Elizabethtown to your Saves list
Ramada Elizabethtown
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   205 Commerce Drive, I-65 at exit 94, Elizabethtown, KY 42701   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Elizabethtown
york, pa
“Nice place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights to attend MATS in Louisville. Our room was nice and clean and had plenty of room. We were on the top floor so we didn't hear noises from above. My only complaint was the doors slamming all night and also the kids that were left alone. To the parents of those kids, you might want to rethink a few things. I heard one of the kids (outside our room, the whole family was quite loud) say to their parent "why don't you go to the bar and we can hang out here at the hotel". If my kid would say that to me, i would be embarrassed and would rethink what I was doing...however, these parents took the advice of the kids and left them alone in the hotel where they ran out in the hallway and were very noisy. I did call the front desk and complain and the noise seemed to die down...that is, until the parents came back at midnight and were just as noisy as the kids. So, anyway, what I am saying is that the hotel is nice and clean but not very quiet since we clearly heard everything. Breakfast was ok. We will definitely stay here again, hopefully the bar family won't be there next time! :)

Room Tip: Not sure what is a good room.....if people would respect others and make sure their doors don't...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
ramada205, General Manager at Ramada Elizabethtown, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Dear Kkitt
Thank you for your review and your recent stay with us. I'm glad you found our hotel clean. My deepest apologize for the noise issue you had on your floor. I look forward to you stay with us again in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Kenosha, WI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

The hotel rate is normal for this highway rest area. It's the average hotel room with comfy pillows and clean towels. Beds were just OK as my wife and I kept rolling to the center of the mattress throughout the night. (Not that it's a bad thing, but..) The carpet in the room seemed clean and there was no odors. The florescent light bulbs are just a new way of life and do get a little brighter once they warm up. Door closers all seem to be adjusted to slam shut. Assuring doors are shut is vital for fire protection/containment, but still a bit irritating. (It is fully sprinkled)
The staff is GREAT. They represent Ramada well in cleanliness, helpfulness and friendliness.. However, our washroom needs maintenance. The floor grout needs bleaching and all the caulk needs to be replaced (by someone who knows how to apply it).
TIP: Hotel rooms are often dry. Try not draining the bath water and leaving the exhaust fan off over night.

Room Tip: Farthest from the lobby is best for quietness. Voices and door slams are common.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
ramada205, General Manager at Ramada Elizabethtown, responded to this review, March 23, 2013
Dear Daveen
I appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts on your recent stay. I was happy to read that you found our staff friendly. It is always our goal to exceed the expectation of our guests each and every stay. I do aplogize for your unfortunate experience and will address your concern to my staff to ensure these issues do not arise in the future. I do look forward to having you back again as a guest.
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

I recently stayed one night here whilst travelling down to Tennessee. The hotel has a nice reception area and looks good from the outside. The lady at reception was very unhelpful and barely acknowledged me which was fine. The room I had on the ground floor was very dark, I had to turn on all the lamps just to be able to see properly. The room itself is spacious, but nothing special. What I really didn't like was that the carpet felt a bit sticky, you definitely wouldn't want to walk around in bare feet.
Breakfast in the morning was fine, very quiet apart from a hotel employee coming in and out, again no acknowledgement.
Overall the hotel is fine for an overnight, to be honest Elizabethtown isn't exactly a hot spot, just somewhere to stop off the interstate.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
ramada205, General Manager at Ramada Elizabethtown, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
I would like to firs thank you for taking the time to fill out a survey on our property. It is always our goal to exceed the expectation of our guests each and every stay. I do apologize for your unfortunate experience and will address your concern to my staff to ensure these issues do not arise in the future. I do look forward to having you back again as a guest.
Brandenburg, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

A male desk clerk checked me in, and was very good. The room was a standard room, old style television and never could get the internet to work at all. The room was clean and did what I needed it to do by providing a clean place to sleep.

I just really wish I could have got the internet to work.

Room Tip: I really don't know which one is better than any other.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
ramada205, General Manager at Ramada Elizabethtown, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dear, Chris
I am glad that you choose to stay in our hotel during your overnight stay. I do apologize for the internet issues you had with, but please know that it has been addressed. I hope that we have the pleasures of seeing you again in the future.

Been to Ramada Elizabethtown? Share your experiences!