“Won't Stay Here Again - Read This Before You Do...” 1 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Atrium Gardens

Save Saved
You added BEST WESTERN Atrium Gardens to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Atrium Gardens
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1043 Executive Drive, Elizabethtown, KY 42701 (Formerly Comfort Inn Atrium Gardens)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Low Rate, Guaranteed
Ranked #10 of 17 hotels in Elizabethtown
Hastings, Michigan
“Won't Stay Here Again - Read This Before You Do...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We were on our way back from Spring Break, and couldn't find a hotel anywhere in the Nashville area. We called this Best Western while still well South of Nashville. After trying to call direct several times with no answer, and a phone menu system that seemed to loop, we gave up and called the Best Western 1-800 reservation number. We reserved 2 rooms, since we were also traveling with friends, who were about an hour behind us. We gave a credit card, etc. to hold the rooms. When we arrived, all seemed well, since they were aware there were two rooms in our name, etc. They even gave us the choice of rooms (one had a Jacuzzi, which didn't matter all that much since we were arriving late and leaving early).

Comments on our experience:
Let me start by saying that I am not what would be considered an extremely picky or particular person. I can roll with most things, but do expect cleanliness and good customer service. To start, this hotel had a less than desirable, musty odor. Oddly enough, it had no elevator. When we got to the room it was very dated and very dingy. If you've been in a hotel room that you don't want to walk around in your bare feet, this was one of them. Everything just didn't seem clean. I don't usually do this, but I actually pulled down the sheets and looked for bed bugs (not sure if you can see them, but I felt it necessary to look). The next morning the breakfast was not bad, and served in the pool area. The pool was very murky/cloudy.

Comments on our friends' experience:
They arrived an hour later than us (about 1:00 am). The front desk staff could not remember which room they had given us (how does that happen?!), so they asked one of their friends who was hanging out there to go up and knock on our door (at 1:00 am); they told the friend to just say "housekeeping" if we answered. Although we never heard them knock, they eventually figured out that we were in the room. Just in case, they took our friends to their room, which did not have a number on the door. When they went in the room, it looked like housekeeping had started to clean it, but hadn't finished. Please keep in mind that they knew we were coming for 3-4 hours! Our friends decided that the bedding had been changed, and as far as they could tell, the bathroom was cleaned, and it was 1:30 am, so they just made the best of it.

I would have rated this hotel "poor" if it hadn't been for our friends' experience. As a result of this experience, we have decided to start staying at a different brand of hotels. I realize that all chains have their "good" and "bad", but in the last year, our experiences have just been too inconsistent with Best Western.

Room Tip: Stay some place else!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

135 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

We have stayed here before and were very pleased to see the staff committed to making our stay a pleasureable one. They have a walk in special that is worth checking out. If you donate to the charity the rate is generiously refuced. With the full hot breakfast and the in room hot tub this is a very good value.
Good restraunts within walking distance. We will definately stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed March 2013
Lexington, Kentucky
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

Was booked at this hotel by work and thought it couldn't be too bad...until I got there. The room had a really foul odor the entire time I was there, as did the hallways and stairwells. The knobs on the refrigerator and coffee maker were broken so they couldn't be used. And...my favorite...the room was infested with ANTS! From the outside it looks decent, but I know that I will never stay there again. And one more note...don't use the in-room whirlpool tubs, apparently they aren't piped correctly and water from the tub above you will pour through the light fixtures in your room. The only positive I can give is the pool area, very nice.

• Stayed March 2013
Glasgow, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

I read other review, The decided to stay there any way. The room was great, clean, clean sheets, NOT STAINED like one of the other reviews said. The pool was in great upkeep. The towels was all gone but, was filled by the time we was done with the pool. Breakfast, well I read on another review that they got only toast. well we had Hot eggs, hot bacon, waffles, ceral, milk, OJ, fruit.and a few other items offered. The stay was so good I book the same place for our firefighters for the Area Fire School. The staff was friendly work with me on this and I sent 6 people to this. Thats 3 rooms.

Room Tip: It does not have eleavtors, so, If you have special needs let them know up front, I feel they will w...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here on a visit to see my daughter. The room looked old but ok. The bathroom looked like it had not been cleaned for a while.the pool atrium was freezing and the pool was murky. They give you a nice list of what you can expect for breakfast. Forget it you'll be lucky if you get toast. When I went to the front desk to complain. All I was told was " I'll let them know " then she looked at me like why are you still here. Take my advice stay anywhere but here.

• Stayed February 2013

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Marana, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

This is a property in need of renovation, regulation, and tender loving care.

It's dingy and not all that clean. Our room was uninspired in decor. It did have a refrigerator, but it was under a small table and didn't open all that well because its door dragged along the carpet. The small table wasn't really suitable for a computer or as a desk. The room lacked adequate electrical outlets--both near that table and near the beds themselves.

The hotel clearly had been built in phases and it was a unique challenge to get to our room from the parking lot. Luggage carts were available, but you needed to roll the cart up the side of a ramp and then down the ramp to the first of two firedoors that had to be negotiated before getting to the corridor our room on. The same trick was necessary, of course, on the way back out.

Parking was really, really deficient. The night we were there any number of truckers were staying at the hotel. One trucker parked his rig so that he took up nearly a dozen prime spaces near the entrance we needed to use. Other trucks, needing to find space, made up spaces of their own where there weren't any. I take this as evidence of extremely lax and uncaring ownership/management. I have no problem welcoming and accommodating truckers, but there should be viable places for them to park without taking up spaces clearly designed for passenger cars.

And don't stay here if you're looking for a good breakfast. While the muffins were pretty good, the dining area is quite unattractive and the food options are poor.

If we're ever in the Elizabethtown area, we certainly wouldn't stay there.

Room Tip: Find another place--there are any number of other choices.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Brookston, Indiana, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Got there at midnight and getting the room went flawless. The room and bathroom was clean. I forgot a toothbrush and one was given to me. Beds were very comfortable and I normally take my own pillow, theirs were good to use.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Been to BEST WESTERN Atrium Gardens? Share your experiences!