“Competition makes us all better” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #4 of 17 hotels in Elizabethtown
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Competition makes us all better”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

There are at least 11 hotels at varying price points off of Exit 94 on I-65. The Fairfield Inn and Suites competes well. I was welcomed by Patricia when I checked in. She is obviously a person who goes beyond the call of duty because she was mopping up foot tracks on the floor in front of the elevator between guest check-ins. My room was clean and the bed comfortable. A couple of little things irked me: the clock radio on the nightstand had been unplugged so I had to reset it. In my thinking, a thorough room servicing should include a quick check to see that the clock radio is working and that the alarm is turned off. The shower curtain had some mildew stains and I left a comment card indicating that it needed to be changed. The breakfast bar had ample selection with bacon, scrambled eggs and waffles as well as cold items, bagels and pastries. The busy CSX railroad to the west of the hotel was surprisingly quiet because the nearby crossing has an overpass. Only one engineer through the night laid on the horn. The Fairfield does a good job of meeting or beating their competition at Exit 94.

Room Tip: Rooms on the east side of the hotel (parking lot side) may be quieter because of the railroad.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
FairfieldInn E, General Manager at Fairfield Inn and Suites Elizabethtown, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Dear Johnnyk5341,
Thank you so much for sharing your positive experiences at our hotel. There are many good hotels in close proximity to us and I am very glad that feel we compare very favorably. It is especially gratifying when a guest singles out an employee that is going above the call of duty. I am sorry that your shower curtain was less than pristine and that the clock radio was not plugged in. I have addressed these concerns with housekeeping. I am very glad that you found your room to be clean, you bed to be comfortable and our breakfast selections to be ample. We look forward to seeing you again the next time your travels bring you to Elizabethtown.

73 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Lexington, Kentucky, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

The staff were nice, but I found this hotel to be similar to some other Fairfield Inn's I have stayed in recently. The lobby looked great, but the rooms were below average. My room could have been cleaner, I asked for non-feather pillows and instead had 5 feather features, the coffee pot was broken, etc... Bathroom should have been cleaner and shower curtain needed to be replaced.

Room Tip: Only one elevator that is super slow. May want to go for a bottom floor.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
FairfieldInn E, General Manager at Fairfield Inn and Suites Elizabethtown, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Dear Jason C,
Thank you for the review of your recent stay. While I am happy that you found our staff to be nice, I am certainly disappointed that we failed to meet the cleanliness standards that you deserved and that I expect. I do hope that the next time your travels bring you to Elizabethtown you will allow us the opportunity to regain your trust. Please contact me directly at gary.burdette@marriott.com if I may be of further assistance.
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Room was clean, bed was comfortable...for the most part, and I was tired. Breakfast in the morning was ok, but what really stood out was how nice the staff was. Everyone greeted us and made nice conversation. Like we were a guest at someone's home.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
FairfieldInn E, General Manager at Fairfield Inn and Suites Elizabethtown, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Dear Steph26139,
Thank you for you review of our hotel. I am so glad that you found your room to be clean and your bed comfortable. I am particularly happy that you found our staff to be so nice. It's good to know that felt as welcomed as you would in someone's home. We look forward to you return visit in the near future.
Cumming, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

In town for a wedding, most guests were staying at another property. My husband was already at the hotel for business, so we stayed. We had a nicer hotel, in the end. Very nice lobby and the staff couldn't be sweeter. The room was very small. It's a Fairfield, though. Ask for a room on the parking lot side - train tracks on the other. I didn't hear any trains, but just in case.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
FairfieldInn E, General Manager at Fairfield Inn and Suites Elizabethtown, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Dear RoadWarrior0219,
Thank you so much for your positive review of our hotel. I am so glad that you enjoyed our lobby as well as our staff. We hope to see you again in the near future.
Kettering, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

My husband normally stays here when travelling to this area for business but this time I accompanied him. He's told me how well they treat him and he wasn't wrong. Gary, the manager was extremely welcoming along with the rest of the front desk staff. The breakfast the following day was extremely well managed. All the hot items were full and perfectly warmed and the rest of the area was really clean, including the tables. I complemented her and she said she's learned how to manage the flow and she was on target. This hotel is in an area with a lot of other similar properties but at the end of the road so quieter. E-town is full of truly hospitable people and the staff here is totally indicative of the area.

Room Tip: Almost any room here is good.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Gary B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn and Suites Elizabethtown, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear KathyDeM,

Thank you so much for the kind words regarding your recent stay. I am so glad that you found our staff to be welcoming and hospitable. It's good to know that you found our breakfast to have all of the hot food hot as well as being very clean. I hope that you are able to join your husband again the next time his business travels brings him to Elizabethtown.
Noblesville, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

This is the most perfect hotel to stay in for your Mammoth Cave vacation. The management staff is very willing to help out all travelers, even if you don't travel often. The Breakfast was perfect and the pool was great for our children. I slept better than Ive ever slept and I really appreciate the hotel staff for going above and beyond the one extra request I had for them!!!!!

Room Tip: Enjoy!!!!1
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Gary B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn and Suites Elizabethtown, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Dear mbr0827,
Thank you so much for your kind words concerning your recent stay. We have many guests stay with us on thier way to Mammoth Cave National Park. It really is a must see if you are in our area. I appreciate you mentioning how much you you enjoyed breakfast and our pool. I am very happy that you had a good night's sleep. We look forward to you staying with us again the next time your travels bring you to Elizabethtown.
Forest Hills, NY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

As a Gold Elite member of Marriott Rewards, I tend to have higher expectations than most. I also have more experience with the brand then most as well. I generally expect courteous service, clean rooms and decent rates with the Fairfield level of hotels. The Elizabethtown location offered two of three, but that is bad. The location is fine- just off the interstate with some maneuvering around chain hotels and restaurants. The price I paid was more than reasonable for the stay. The room was a clean, upper floor set up looking out away from the highway into a “field”. I didn’t know about the train tracks till early morning, but that is not my complaint- just a suggestion for people to live with highway noise (which is steady) versus a freight train rattling by in the middle of the night. My problem is with the staff of the hotel that seemed unwilling and possibly unable to help. I got into Etown at 9:15pm on a weeknight- not late by my standards. I asked for a restaurant suggestion, specifically I asked for “something local within a 15 minute drive”. I was told that there were only two local restaurants in Etown, and that both are closed by 9pm. I was told that showing my key would get me a discount at the Texas Roadhouse, and the other chains would be open. In the morning I asked what all there was to do in Etown and was told “not much”. I get that working at a roadside hotel might not be the most glamorous thing. I get that Etown may not be a bustling hub of cosmopolitan activity. That doesn’t change the fact that when a customer asks for recommendations, you let those feelings set in. There are SEVERAL locally owned and run restaurants in Etown (some good, some not so good), there are several things to do and see in Etown, but from my stay at the Fairfield Inn, I wouldn’t know it. I’ll stay at the location again in the future as the location is GREAT and the rooms are clean. I’ll just have to make a point of doing a little more homework on places to eat and things to see before my next visit. Shame on you FFI Elizabethtown. (and now an apologetic response from management).

Room Tip: Get a room facing the highway to avoid the freight train in the middle of the night. Pick your poiso...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Gary B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn and Suites Elizabethtown, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Dear godzuki24,
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts concerning your recent stay. While I am glad that you enjoyed our location and found our hotel to be clean, I am certainly disappointed that you did not experience the service that you deserved. As many of the TripAdvisor reviews here mention, what you encountered is certainly not the norm for this hotel. As we have already had email exchanges outside of TripAdvisor, I am glad to know that you will be returning to our hotel in the future.

Been to Fairfield Inn and Suites Elizabethtown? Share your experiences!