“Nice place” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Elizabethtown
Benton, Kentucky
“Nice place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

Stayed one night for a meeting next day. Although I was late coming in the staff was very pleasant and I was in my room in just a few minutes. Room was very clean and comfortable. Great breakfast next am.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Mogadore, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

Nice appearance. The front desk girl was efficient, courteous, overall superb.
The room was clean. What I expect.
But what I did not expect was a plastic mattress protector. I had a miserable night sleep. Hot and clammy.
If not for the plastic mattress protector I'd return. But alas I cannot.

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Elizabethtown, responded to this review, August 31, 2014
Dear esketores,

Thank you for your recent stay with us, and for taking the time to write a review. We truly appreciate your comments regarding our staff as we pride ourselves on excellent customer service. Your positive feedback makes it all worth our efforts. We strive to accommodate all of our guests and their needs, but in this case, we are sorry the bed was not to your liking and prevented you from fully enjoying your stay.

Please be assured that all comments are acted upon and used to improve the quality of products we provide to our guests. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and we hope that you would consider us again on your next travel.

Kind Regards,

Tracy V.
Case Manager
IHGCare
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

I stay with IHG for the quality of their facilities. Other than a slightly worn and dirty drain ring in the sink this is a very well kept hotel. The price is a bit high but the outdoor seating makes this property worth the cost. I arrived later in the evening. I was able to walk for a fast food dinner and that was just fine. This hotel is as an IHG property should be.

• Stayed July 2014
Casandra T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Elizabethtown, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am happy to hear that you had an enjoyable experience while at our hotel. It is our goal to provide excellent service and accommodations to all of our guests. Our atmosphere being in walking distance from several restaurants make it convenient for our guests. We hope to see you in the future!
Merrill, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Unlike the other ROTC LDAC review, my experience was not so good.

The short version of the review... Drove from base to hotel with our son only to find that even though it was after 3pm check-in time, our room wasn't ready. No apology, but the clerk did suggest we go to a movie until our room was ready. Great way to spend Family Day. Unlike another reviewer, our clerk told us there "was not much to do in E'town." (her exact words) After a 10 hour drive Kentucky, I should have been able to expect a bit more. This wasn't the only issue, but that alone was enough for me not to recommend this particular hotel (which does have some good qualities including the morning breakfast).

The longer list if you the whole story...
1. Called the hotel to find its distance to Fort Knox and the travel time I was given was half of what the actual travel time was (and we made that drive several times).
2. Called the hotel and asked if it included a pool and a hot tub and was told yes. Turns out while there was a pool, there was no hot tub.
3. Picked up son from Fort Knox with the intention of relaxing at hotel during the few hours we had with him. Drove to the hotel and arrived a few minutes after 3pm (check-in time). Had to call out for someone to come to front desk. The clerk it seems was busy texting out of sight (she walked to the desk with phone in hand). I was told our room wasn't ready. I asked what we should do. She said there was "not much to do in E'town" (her exact words and no apology) and suggested we go to a movie. Just what you want to hear when you are trying to check in to a hotel. I asked when our room would be ready and was told at least an hour. At that point I should have simply asked for a refund of my deposit and gone to another hotel.
4. Returned to the hotel several hours later. Two police cars were parked in front of the entrance blocking the drop off area. Again, not what I would expect at a Holiday Inn Express. Thought maybe I was at a Motel 6.
5. I am not anti-smoking fanatic, but having a bench right next to the entrance with people smoking and creating a cloud of smoke helped to explain the smell of stale cigarettes in the area between the two doors in the entrance which was just another sign that this was not going to be the experience I should be able to expect.
6. No one visible at the front desk upon my return. Walked to the end of the desk where the earlier clerk had come from and there sat another clerk sitting and texting. I called to her to get her attention since she didn't notice me standing there. When she came to the desk, there was the noticeable order of cigarette smoke on her as well (keep in mind that this is a non-smoking facility). I gave her my name and told her we had stopped earlier and the room wasn't ready at that time. With no acknowledgement of my comment much less an apology, she pulled my paperwork out of a stack and asked me to initial and sign the forms, asked for my credit card that I had used to secure the room, and then gave me my room keys. No "enjoy your stay," or other encouragement.
7. One other VERY disturbing aspect of our stay was that the coffee maker was in the bathroom. The top of the water reservoir was up meaning that any and every time previous guests had flushed the toilet, tiny particles from the toilet would have found their way into the reservoir.
8. To the hotel's credit, in the morning two different people at the front desk greeted me when I passed as we took luggage to the car and then returned inside to enjoy what was a good continental breakfast experience.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Casandra T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Elizabethtown, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
I greatly appreciate you taking the time to review your experience at our hotel. I can assure you that customer service, comfortable accomodations, and the safety and security of our guests are all things that we take very seriously. I will be sharing each area of concern mentioned in your review with each staff member in an effort to avoid similar complaints in the future. Please accept my sincerest apologies that we did not provide you with the experience that each of our valued guests deserve. I do hope that if you are ever in the Elizabethtown, KY area again that you will give us a second chance for you lodging needs.
Chesapeake, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

Enjoyed my stay at the Holiday Inn. The hotel was clean, the staff was friendly and very helpful. Breakfast was enjoyable and the breakfast staff did a great job keeping everything neat and tidy. The hotel is in a good location. There are food places and a shopping mall close by. I would recommend this hotel to all the ROTC parents. It's not too far from the post.

Room Tip: Keep calling to make sure you get two beds if you requested two beds. We had requested two and when...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Anniston, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Great experience! The minute I checked in I was greeted by the front desk lady, Brittany, with a smile. She also recommended numerous places and sites to visit around Kentucky. Great customer service and consistent breakfast! Overall great stay.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Casandra T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Elizabethtown, responded to this review, July 20, 2014
Thank- you for taking the time to share your comments. I am glad our hotel and staff was able to provide a pleasant environment for you while visiting Fort Knox & your cadet. We have the pleasure of meeting some of these wonderful young people and their parents since we are so close to the base. If you are ever in our area again please stop by. Again thank you for your kind words / time.
Casandra
Yankton, South Dakota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

this hotel was sold out during my visit, but i noticed no issues. i was traveling for business and needed the WiFi, but was unable to get on due to the amount of people logged in. i called the phone number on the WiFi card and he was able to get me hooked right in! This hotel had Direct TV programming. For most people, this isn't much, but for me, after working out in the heat all day, all i want to do is relax and watch some TV. it was awesome to have a TV with a guide and plenty of options to watch.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Express Suites Elizabethtown? Share your experiences!