“It's a decent property.” 4 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn & Suites Elizabethtown
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   210 Commerce Dr, Elizabethtown, KY 42701   |
Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Elizabethtown
Mayfield, Kentucky
“It's a decent property.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

I wouldn't give this property a high or low rating. It's about average of what you would find with this price point. I will stay here again bit I won't mark it as a favorite either. Good location for restaurants and gas. Another issue for me is the TV is at your back when working at the desk.

• Stayed April 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Caledonia, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We choosed to stay at this La Quinta Inn in Elizabethtown, KY based on other's reviews in Trip Advisor of this property. This was a brief one night stay on our way from MI to FL during spring break week. The location was very convenient for us, well lit parking lot so seemed safe as well. We found the property and the room to be very clean. Front desk staff was fine - our only interaction was checking in and out. Was easy to make a reservation and I found a great rate online. The included breakfast the next morning was good - everybody found something they liked and could eat. If you need a good hotel in this area I would definitely recommend this property.

Room Tip: We requested and stayed in a 3rd floor room based on other travelers' tips. We did not have any...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Sterling Heights, Michigan, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

We stayed here while on our way to Florida. The room with 3 queen beds worked out great since there are 6 in my family. If I were only rating the room, I would rate it a 4 star. I have to drop it another star because they do not offer any rooms that don't allow pets and the breakfast was so poor that we ended up eating at the nearby Cracker Barrel which cost me $50 that I didn't expect to have to pay. By the way, we are not picky eaters either. It is obviously a pet motel. there were dogs everywhere. I do have to admit that the room was clean and we didn't have any problems with our allergies. I most likely will not stay here again unless it's the only motel that can accommodate my large family.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Auburn, IN
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

We read reviews on this hotel prior to our booking the room, and were satisfied overall. This was a half-way-point on a spring break trip, and the kids were anxious to swim.
When we arrived, the pool was being renovated, and was out of service. While the desk clerk informed us that we could use the pool at their "sister hotel" across the parking lot, it was SNOWING outside, and it was not convenient to take the kids out. We did, however, drive across and use the pool, which had a max capacity of 5 persons posted (good thing we were the only ones there).
In our room, the heater was a dinosaur that made WAY too much noise. The blankets were dirty, and there were caps from the shampoo of previous visitors on the top of the shower in our room. The room was dusty, and it was obvious that the corners had not been swept in some time. We did not use the blankets, and I ended up going to our car (in the snow) at 2am to get blankets for the kids, as we could not get the temperature regulated in the room.
When I checked out, the manager was present. I asked for a discount due to the pool situation, as the pool was the reason we had chosen the hotel. I was told that no discount would be given because he had put up a sign at the front desk to let us know about the pool and had let us go to the other hotel to swim. When I explained that the sign was not evident on the website (no mention, although I was on the site the day before we left) and that it was snowing, he still refused to lower the cost of the room.
I would NOT recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

This hotel offers a family suite with 3 double beds that was perfect for a family of 6! It was a clean hotel, and the breakfast area was both well designed and maintained. Staff was very nice. Great rate! Great value!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

This is great hotel with friendly people working it, if at all possible sleep on top floor as noise from above is a issue if wanting to get to bed real earlie as is plumbing noise from above. very clean and secure

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Libertyville, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

A very attentive staff made for a welcome stay. Because animals are not allowed in the dining area, the desk staff held my Dog's leash while I got breakfast. This is an older hotel, but no doggy odors, very clean.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Elizabethtown? Share your experiences!