“Local Restaurant, Elizebethtown, KY” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations
Moon Township, Pennsylvania
“Local Restaurant, Elizebethtown, KY”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Stopping overnight in Elizabethtown, KY on our way to a wedding we visited the Stone Hearth restaurant. Although this is an older restaurant, and could use some updating, my wife and I can not remember a more friendly staff at any restaurant we have dined at in a long time if ever. The owner was so inviting and took time out to talk with us. She asked what we ordered and told us all about our selection. When I told her what I ordered, she cautioned it was sweet, then preceded to tell me if I didn't like it, she would allow me to order something else at no cost!

The wait staff was excellent. The food was very good, the atmosphere was fine. Whenever I find myself back in Elizabethtown again, I will ensure I stop at The Stone Hearth.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Green Bay, Wisconsin
“Wonderful food, Excellent Service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We recently were looking to celebrate a 100th Birthday with family members. Family members came from out of town to for this celebration for a special lady. The Stone Hearth was recommended-and how special it was!

Each and everyone commented how wonderful the food was. The service was excellent. The place was spotless. There was an special attention to detail on everything. Those of us from Wisconsin, Texas, Missouri, Colorado and Kansas were so pleased that our birthday celebration was a grand success. I even ventured back into the kitchen after dinner to compliment the crew. They were so friendly and pleased. As a result of our wonderful dinner some of us returned for lunch and dinner on following days with the same great results.

The salad bar is large and fresh. The soup bar always had amazing soups. The food selection is varied and extensive. We look forward to our return to the Stone Hearth and the friendly staff there.

I'm getting hungry! -Jim M

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Clinton Township, Michigan
“Incredible BBQ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

If you crave outstanding pulled pork I STRONGLY recommend the Stone Hearth. I have had pulled pork from many establishments wherever I travel and none were better. Nice smokey flavor with a tangy sauce that was truly outstanding. The size of the sandwich was also very generous. Along with a great meal the staff was extremely friendly and truly accomodating. I will back in E'town in March and the Stone Hearth will be my first stop.

Peachtree City, Georgia
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

9-6-12 First visit, but had heard about how nice Stone Hearth was. My brother had taken my mother there for her birthday recently. Both Mother and Father had dined there previously and enjoyed it thoroughly. I have dined at some of the best restaurants around the U.S. and abroad. Overall it was an excellent experience based on the following:
1. Cleanliness - very clean; 2. Atmosphere - good feeling, and smelled good; 3. Decor - tasteful, and well maintained; 4. Staff - very friendly, helpful, and seemed to genuinely enjoy their patrons; 5. Efficiency - promptly took orders, prepared, and brought food (also excellent well-supplied soup & salad bar); 6. Food - attractively served, and tasted great!, portions appropriate to price; 7. Price - competitive; 8. Bonus: When one of the staff overheard that my 8-year old son had a birthday the previous week, they brought a delicious small cake for him, with candle, and enough to share with Mom and Dad. About as nice a place overall as you will likely find in any city the size of Elizabethtown.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Nashville
“Lived up to the other reviews!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

Five of us were driving down I-65 on business, this was an unexpected reward for spending 5 hours on the road. We ordered 2 Filets, the Swordfish, the Salmon Mojito, and the Bleu Cheese Portabella Filet - everybody was very happy with their choice. Although, I do regret not getting a bigger filet - the one I ordered was so good, I wanted more. The salad bar was excellent, the service was very good, and the restaurant was comfortable. I will definitely recommend Stone Hearth to any friends or colleagues who have the opportunity to stop in the area.

• Visited August 2012