“don't leave a light on . . . just leave” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Elizabethtown

You added Motel 6 Elizabethtown to your Saves list
Motel 6 Elizabethtown
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1042 North Mulberry Street, I-65 at North Mulberry Street/US 62, Exit #94, Elizabethtown, KY 42701   |
Ranked #11 of 17 Hotels in Elizabethtown
PA
“don't leave a light on . . . just leave”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2009

The rate ($35/night) was right, but just about everything else was not . . . A comment card left in the room by a previous guest noted that the sink did not drain . . . Not only did this issue persist, but there the note remained, floating in a dirty pool of hair and water . . . An unusable shower and an unpleasant odor in the room completed my stay, and I hoped only that nothing contagious accompanied me upon departure.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2009

Before I go into any details, let me first say that I completely understand the whole idea behind getting what you pay for. With that being said, I have stay at some really nice Motel 6s before and wasn't needing anything fancy, just a bed and a shower. The room was nasty dirty and I should have went elsewhere but after putting in a full day at work and then several hours on the road, I was to tired to move. The room had a mildew smell to it, the carpet was very loose and lumpy, and I have an idea that the sheets and bedspread weren't very clean. Again, I know that you get what you pay for but this experience was sad to say the least. The only reason I even picked this particular hotel was for the pricing because I was only going to be staying five hours and then would be back on the road. I won't stay there again. It is definately worth the extra $60.00 or so to stay across the street at one of the nicer facilities.

Stayed May 2009
De Funiak Spg. Fl.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2008

you get what you pay for .their shower reminds me of a MRI machine. there is no tub. so if you like to be confined in the shower stay here.we stayed 4 days the floor was never vaccumed.the last day the bed was not made .their policy is to change the bed sheets every 3 days.so this did not happen .also it is very close to the interstate so it is a little noisey.to say the least.I can not recomend Motel 6 to any one.Not worth the few bucks we saved.

• Liked — price
  • Disliked — every thing
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2008

For a 55 a night hotel in KY...this was not good. I stayed for 5 night here and from the reviews I was unpleasantly surprised. I had to ask for frsh towels every day...the maid would take the used on and not bring clean ones. The sheets were never changed even when I request it. Their were hairs all over the bathrom and the bed was a joke. It is in a good location but other than that...nothing...I won't ever stay here again!

• Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2008

Very clean and neat! Beautiful pool & grounds with woods behind it. Off I-65. Near name restaurants, stores, gas & Kentucky Visitor Center! Great stay with low cost. Pets welcome. I'm a regular here!

• Liked — Location, Cleanliness & Neatness. Take Pets.
  • Disliked — No Frills.
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2008

Used this motel as our base when visiting Mammoth Caves a few years back. All in all a better than average Motel 6. Nothing overly thrilling but everything was new and quite clean and comfortable. We wanted a cheap place to sleep after exploring the caves and that's what we got. I tend to give most Motel 6 properties a 3 rating but this one gets a 4 because it was just that much newer and cleaner.

• Stayed June 2005, traveled with friends
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2006

For a $34.99 travellers rest you cannot beat the Motel 6. We selected Elizabethtown as our half-way overnight stop. Last time we stayed at the Quality Inn (see that review) This time we opted for the cheap rate of the Motel 6 - and we went with very low expectations. WE WERE DELIGHTFULLY SURPRISED! The rooms are spotlessly clean, the bathrooms are newly renovated (showers only, no tubs, in case you care about that sort of thing). The beds were very comfortable.

It's small. But we weren't entertaining. We needed a good night sleep and we got a GREAT night sleep.

Only note: rooms are wired for high speed access, but Motel does not have any ethernet cables for sale or loan... I am used to wireless, so I didn't pack a cable.

Stayed December 2005

Been to Motel 6 Elizabethtown? Share your experiences!