“If this is the best, I don't want to imagine the worst” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Homegate Inn

Homegate Inn
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Elizabethtown
Homegate Inn
You added Homegate Inn to your Saves list
905 N. Mulberry Street, Elizabethtown, KY 42701 (Formerly Yongray's B&B Inn)   |
Ranked #14 of 17 Hotels in Elizabethtown
OHIO
“If this is the best, I don't want to imagine the worst”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2010

We stayed here while traveling from Western Kentucky to Eastern Kentucky. I used the Tripadvisor website to choose this particular hotel. What a sad mistake. When I called to make a reservation, the lady could barely speak enough English to take the reservation. I was on edge about this and attempted to confirm the reservation several times hoping to get someone else and language wouldn't be a barrier in this process. This lady answered the phone every time I called. I decided to take the chance and keep the reservation. When we arrived, it was about 10:00 PM. The parking lot was littered with furnishing from rooms and sacks of trash were sitting all over the side walk. There were even toilets sitting in the parking lot. We were greeted promptly at the front desk and shown to our room. It was clean enough to stay in (barely) and that is the best I can say about this place. There wasn't enough water to take a shower or even wash up. The bathroom needed major renovations. The carpet in the room needed replaced years ago. There was a power strip that had too many electrical appliances plugged into it which causes a hazard. Aren't these places ever inspected to insure public safety? Look at the the other Tripadvisor reviews. This is the only place a review has ever been left by the reviewers. I would never stay here again if I had a choice.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Fort Knox, Kentucky, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2010

Youngray B&B is now Homegate Inn. I have been staying here on a week to week basis for a month and the room is very nice, clean and plenty of room. I have a King bed, sofa, and kitchenette table, 2 chairs. It has a small/dorm refrigerator, microwave, basic cable TV, and full dresser and 2 bedside dressers. The new owners are working to clean up the exterior so don't let the street view make you pass it by. The owners are very nice couple who acquired the property a couple months ago and have done a lot of work, and continue daily to do work. I have no complaints and would stay here anytime.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2009

Good comfortable rooms,very reasonably priced,great location,friendly management & staff.lighted very well.Rooms are very clean.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled solo
SW lower Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2009

Older property undergoing remodeling and renovation. Not much in the way of decor or frills, but the bed was comfortable and the room was clean. And the price was fantastic!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
skeens
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2009

If you are passing through the E-town area and need a place to stay I highly recommend Yongray's. Stayed there several times and have had a pleasant experience each time. Management is friendly and try to accommodate your needs. Close to interstate and a great value for the price.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
Eastview, KY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2006

I remember when the Passport Inn was exactly as described in the reviews but need to tip my hat to the new owners as they have really turned the older motel into a nice quiet and especially clean place to stay. Claimed to be one of the cleanest in Elizabethtown and I agree since seeing the rooms in seven other hotels there which I turned down. The rates are really reasonable and the staff friendly. The pool is closed due to expansion project to upgrade the facility. Don't judge this book by its cover as inside the rooms is where you will stay relaxed and bug free. Best lodging available in comparison to all in the area. Security is great too! They enforce a no nonsense rule for concern of all guests and endorsed by city health board and their hospital too as preferred choice for cleanliness. Check them out as indepently owned.

• Stayed April 2006
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2005

Booked here in 8/04 because it was cheap and had a pool. Pool was vital as travelling with 12 year old grandson. When we arrived I noticed beer cans strewn around the parking area as well as other litter. I next saw the pool and it had no water! I spoke with the desk clerk and indicated I needed to cancel as a pool was imperative for my grandson after travelling all day. The desk clerk was rude and said we could leave but still had to pay. That's what we had to do. This place is a dump and the personnel are rude and insensitive. I would only recommend this place to my worst enemy.

investorhq, Manager at Homegate Inn, responded to this review, February 1, 2009
I would want a refund as well if I placed my reservation and found such a dismay of motel ameneties. The run down Passport Inn was run like a hobby instead of a business and the owner did not care. Yongray's Inc. bought the motel Oct 26, 2004 mainly as a building site to combine their laundry business with the lodging hospitality business. They also have a 69 acre Rustic Kampground within a 30 minute drive. The pool was the decisive factor for the motel purchase as the pool had not been functional for many years. It is the building site for a new two-story 8000 sq ft addition. This building will replace the pool and provide ten Bed & Breakfast suites complete with jacuzzi tubs in all rooms and a sauna on the second floor. A fitness center will be in the mezidine overlooking a detailed flower garden and relaxing pavilion. The first floor of the new building will be the operational hub front desk for lodging and laundry customers. It will also provide a fully operational coin laundry, lobby for lodging guests, internet cafe, dining area for lodging guests to enjoy home cooked meals familiar with Bed & Breakfast Inns, tanning booths and an alteration shoppe with skilled seamstress. This new facility will also allow the old Passport Inn office and closed restaurant space in the current main building to become an arcade room for entertainment and a 1400 sq ft conference room. The new owners plans are complete and detailed and they are willing to share ideas as to what you the consumer would like to see. Quite a new concept for ameneties vs the prior owners lack of providing service. Offsite rustic kamp, on-site full service laundry, alteration shoppe, internet cafe', home dining, fitness center, game room, conference room, tanning booths & sauna, lodging all in exchange for a seasonal operational pool. Interesting???

Been to Homegate Inn? Share your experiences!