“Great hushpuppies and good fish” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 9 Restaurants in Eddyville
Cuisines: American
Southern Illinois
“Great hushpuppies and good fish”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

When you sit down they bring you a bowl of small hushpuppies and a bowl of white beans. The hushpuppies are some of the best I have ever had. I had the carfish grilled while my friend had the frog legs. The food is down home southern cooking and is worth the visit.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“If you like Catfish you will love the Willow Pond in KY”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

Best meal we had while driving from Colorado to Maryland! We were not disappointed with the recommendation we received from the" Relax Inn Motel" owner who recommended it. The catfish and everything from the menu is home cooked. Good food and great prices as well as a wonderful wait-staff.
We were at the Willow Pond off-season and the place was full. I can't imagine how busy they must be during the summer. Wish they were a chain but I guess if they were a chain they wouldn't be able to duplicate what they have done here.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Fredonia, Kentucky
“great value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

all you can eat beans and slaw, plus fried catfish. yummy! the waitress was so friendly, it was a group of family from out of town and she joked and carried on , made us feel welcome.

Visited September 2012
Kuttawa
“okay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

the food here is okay....some say great. bottom line, I think it is over priced. we got take out for two and it was $24 bucks! we could have gone to whalers catch in paducah for that money. If you are around eddyville or someplace rural, I would certainly go before the bluegrass diner

Visited December 2011
Hopkinsville
“Not good”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

The one in Aurora is not good at all, doesnt even taste authentic like it once did. The fish was greasy each 3 times I ate there and fries cold and hushpuppies cold adn over cooked each time. I miss the Sue and Charlies that used to be there.

Visited August 2012