Sorry isn’t the hardest word to say, even if Elton John thinks so. The driver didn’t pick you up at the airport? Sorry. The air conditioning isn’t sufficient to cool the room? Sorry. Tarp fell into the bathroom? Sorry. And so it went. So why am I giving this hotel a good rating? The answer is the good things outweighed the issues we encountered. When I write a review, my main question is: would I go back? And the answer to that question guides my review. The answer here is ‘yes’, and here is why.
Bebek Tepi Sawah has a lovely location, just far enough from the main streets of Ubud to provide a quiet atmosphere but close enough to make access easy. The rice fields within the compound, along with a myriad of shrines and vegetation, add to the rural feel of the Villas. The fields are not just for show as the rice is harvested and used. The art galley on the premises was another perk, containing pieces that surpassed the formal galleries in town, especially the overblown Carlos Blanco museum. After a day birding, hiking, or visiting historical sites, we looked forward to a cooling swim and a quiet evening on our balcony.
The food was good if not outstanding; however, the shuttle service at the Villas was excellent so if we craved variety, we simply booked the shuttle. All drivers were courteous, safe, and helpful. Eating at the resort did provide great amusement though as it is a favourite of locals, although I’m not certain if they come for the food or the ambience. Picture taking was as popular as eating. I never realized so many people could adopt so many poses. These folks watch far too much tv.
So, as mentioned, Bebek Tepi Sawah has a nice location and atmosphere, and enough other pluses to warrant a positive rating.
- Also Known As:
- Tepi Sawah Villas Hotel Ubud
- Tepi Sawah Villas And Spa
- Tepi Sawah Villas Hotel
- Tepi Sawah Hotel
- Tepi Sawah Resort
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bebek Tepi Sawah Villas is located south east of ubud, about 2 km to the citi center, and 27 km from the international Denpasar Ngurah Rai Airport.25 units exclusive luxury villas, mix design of traditional with modern touch facing to the rice field and beautiful tropical garden view.Free shuttle service to ubud citi center at anytime from 9am until 10pm, provide you with 2 public big swimming pool, arts gallery, spa, and the most famous restaurant of Bebek Tepi Sawah Restaurant and the Crispy Duck menu ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, AsiaRooms, Agoda, Tingo, Expedia, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Bebek Tepi Sawah Villas & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.